Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

I have to think the 300 pairs thing is BS. How can there still be pairs if so? I mean I know all the beasts jumped shipped on saucony but still.. is it possible that saucony hype is dead to the point that even a dope limited rtelease is gonna sit? Very odd to me
I think that Saucony has seriously fallen by the wayside for one reason or another. You can probably credit some of this to Adidas for the time being. I am happy this is the case, easier to cop.

I have to think the 300 pairs thing is BS. How can there still be pairs if so? I mean I know all the beasts jumped shipped on saucony but still.. is it possible that saucony hype is dead to the point that even a dope limited rtelease is gonna sit? Very odd to me

Hype is dead?! Cool, Just the way I like it. [emoji]128077[/emoji]
If you like? Cop. Thats all that matters.

I think that Saucony has seriously fallen by the wayside for one reason or another. You can probably credit some of this to Adidas for the time being. I am happy this is the case, easier to cop.
IMO, Saucony went from putting out a slow stream of consistent releases several years ago to now putting out a bunch of trash with some good releases sprinkled in every now and then.  There are just so many mediocre releases that it turned alot of people off, which thankfully includes resellers who got burnt trying to ride the Saucony wave that obviously crashed.

Copped the Red & Green Alife's. Wanted the other one but that shipping tho! [emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji] $20 bucks to get to my place?! Sheesh

IMO, Saucony went from putting out a slow stream of consistent releases several years ago to now putting out a bunch of trash with some good releases sprinkled in every now and then.  There are just so many mediocre releases that it turned alot of people off, which thankfully includes resellers who got burnt trying to ride the Saucony wave that obviously crashed.

I like that there is no hype with some Saucony releases but I do agree tho the GR's are trash and the collabs lately have jus been silly and not appealing at all. Now if these sneaker boutiques actually drop something that's wearable and good color blocking then we might be in for something good, jus my thoughts tho.

Last edited:
Copped the Red & Green Alife's. Wanted the other one but that shipping tho! [emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji] $20 bucks to get to my place?! Sheesh
I like that there is no hype with some Saucony releases but I do agree tho the GR's are trash and the collabs lately have jus been silly and not appealing at all. Now if these sneaker boutiques actually drop something that's wearable and good color blocking then we might be in for something good, jus my thoughts tho.

Well I got the coral from the pack and the black and grey from the bungee. I think those are dope. Not super dope the like burger collab joints or something but are still some dope pairs out there. Just simple shoes. Good there's no hype like you said cause I'm enjoying these. Waiting for the coral to come any time now from ups today. Will be my first saucony pair ever.

Last edited:
Nice! Saucony has great shoes well their premium products in my opinion. mylesp mylesp

yeah i got the black and gray pair from the bungee pack coming tomorrow which are a premium pair i believe since retail was $120. i got them through the urban outfitters discount though. im excited for this because i ordered it yesterday and somehow its coming that fast when i used the cheapest shipping possible lol. on the other hand i wont be home until the evening to see them lol so i guess its not all fine and dandy haha.

so my coral's from the betta pack came in. as a first impression to saucony i give them a 9.5 out of 10. the pair i got was retail at $80 so it wasnt a premium pair. basically the complaint i have is that there are midsole glue blemishes. i got my pair for like $40 including shipping so im not worried at all. now the next pair i got like i mentioned earlier today were the black and grey pair from the bungee pack. these were a premium as they were priced at $120. now i expect the over all quality to be way better. at the end of the day im not mad at all. jordans have the same problem and sometimes more. plus jordan prices are much higher.

i dont have a picture to show the blemishes, but i assume you guys know what im talking about.

Last edited:
so my coral's from the betta pack came in. as a first impression to saucony i give them a 9.5 out of 10. the pair i got was retail at $80 so it wasnt a premium pair. basically the complaint i have is that there are midsole glue blemishes. i got my pair for like $40 including shipping so im not worried at all. now the next pair i got like i mentioned earlier today were the black and grey pair from the bungee pack. these were a premium as they were priced at $120. now i expect the over all quality to be way better. at the end of the day im not mad at all. jordans have the same problem and sometimes more. plus jordan prices are much higher.

i dont have a picture to show the blemishes, but i assume you guys know what im talking about.

Saucony and glue blemishes are nothing new

My West order at least shows fulfilled. Hopefully they will be here this weekend. Hoping to break them in Sunday.

Would .5 size down in the Alife's work? Either 11.5 sold out in both or they were never produced

So my black and grey grid 9000 from the Bungee pack came in. Are these supposed to have flat laces as well?

Alife shipped quickly, I got em in today.  Sneakers are dope, although I wish they would've come with 2 sets of laces instead of 1 mismatched pair (red and green) but I guess they were going off the RF vibe.

Still waiting for a few of these spring 9000's to hit about $60 
nerd.gif

What would be a good first pair of Saucony's? I'm trying to get into them and want to expand my shoe collection.

My first pair was a grid sd. It was a quality pair. To be exact, it's the no chill pack. Quality suede. Shadow 5000 series seems not bad too. But i would say to get a "premium" line.
Quality without overpaying.

What would be a good first pair of Saucony's? I'm trying to get into them and want to expand my shoe collection.

Got my first two pairs this week. Got the coral from the betta pack and the black and gray from the Bungee pack. Got my first two pairs I love them. Check those out if anything.

Back
Top Bottom