Official Seahawks at Packers Thread Vol. We want the ball and we're gunna score

Ok, this is going to be a great game. Only thing that bugs me as a Hawks fan is that its on the road. Farve is great, but I think Seattles D can get the jobdone. PPL really sleep on our running game. It is not great but it isnt as bad as everyone says. Add up both MoMo and Shauns yards... Plus Hass can get it doneby himself and we have Josh Brown. The Pac aren't rolling into this one very hot. It just really depends. It will be a great game, so thats all I want.

Its Old Coach and Pupil vs. Farve, that will be fun. Remember Seattle did beat GB in Seattle last year too. I know its a new season but still. Seattle has moreplayoff experience and this game is at the regular start time for the Seahawks at 1:30pm PST so time wont be the issue. They just gotta come out on rolling andnot flat. Away games are tough, specially there in GB. If the Hawks do lose it couldn't be to a better team. I respect the Pac and farve. I could take thatloss, not like if they lost to Washington or Dallas (or Chicago like last year). Here is to what should be a great game!

Only thing that scares me about this game is about us, not about the Packers. I'm confident that we have better team than the Packers but somehow, we justcan't play away from home (losing to the Panthers and the Falcons
smh.gif
). I don't know what it is but it seems like it takes a miracle for us to win on the road. They did pretty good job against the Bears atChicago last year around this time so you never know (we still lost, however). I hope having a game start at 1:30 PST help the Hawks to get their body clockworking right.

Originally Posted by parasight21

I'm confident that we have better team than the Packers

PLEASE explain.There´s a reason we are better than you in almost every important statistical category.

P.S. I dont remember there being more than 3 hawk fans
laugh.gif

Bigby better be on his A+ game from here on out.

If our offense sticks to what got us here and get more of the running game going, we should have this.

And as intense as the Seahawks D can be, I think a few draw plays would be real effective.

Seahawks by ten.....Hasselbeck: 18-32, 277 yds., 2 TDs, 1 Int. Alexander: 23 rushes for 33 yds. 0 TD and 1 fumble Morris: 15 rushes for 60 yds. and 1 TDEngram: 7 rec. 98 yds. 1TD DJ Hackett: 5 Rec. 76 yds. Burleson: 6 Rec. 59 yds. and 1 TD Josh Brown: 2/3 50(made), 47(made), 36(missed) DST: 3 sacks, 3 Int.(one returned for TD), 376 yds. allowed and 24 points allowed.

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

Seahawks by ten.....Hasselbeck: 18-32, 277 yds., 2 TDs, 1 Int. Alexander: 23 rushes for 33 yds. and 0 TD Morris: 15 rushes for 60 yds. and 1 TD Engram: 7 rec. 98 yds. 1TD DJ Hackett: 5 Rec. 76 yds. Burleson: 6 Rec. 59 yds. and 1 TD Josh Brown: 2/3 50(made), 47(made), 36(missed) DST: 3 sacks, 4 Int. (one returned for TD), 376 yds. allowed and 24 points allowed.

whoa
laugh.gif

Don't know about this one, Seahawks are crap on the road and playing at Lambeau isn't gonna be very pretty. I'm not too worried about the HawksDefense facing up against Favre, but I am worried about how our offense is going to do under the conditions, and how Hasselbeck and his recievers will doagainst Harris and Woodson. The Packers are very good but hopefully the Seahawks will be able to keep it a close game. If they defeat my Hawks, I'm gonnabe rooting for the Pack all the way. GO HAWKS!!!

i got the seahawks in this one....

i think the game hinges more so on favre than anything...if he plays like he has been in his past few playoff appearences then the packers are done

i honestly dont think the packers have as much talent as the seahawks, but favre is the x factor easily....the big question mark for seattle is the run gamebut i think they can make do with morris and alexander whereas if the seahawks stuff up grant than there isnt much to do but for favre to be a gunslinger

and i also wouldnt say that the seahawks are way better than the packers or vice versa b/c they both played in fairly weak divisions, but thats why they havethe playoffs...weed out the weaker teams and have the best 4 teams in the league playing in the conf. championships

i honestly dont think the packers have as much talent as the seahawks
Once again, ANOTHER ridiculous statement.

Geez, man, I needa stop visiting this thread because the Seahawk 'fans' are just on some different stuff right now.

Your squad has been on NO ONE'S Top 5, let alone Top 10 ALL SEASON.

You guys squeak in the playoffs due to a WACK division, and score a win against an alright ******** team, and now you're ready for the elites??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You have the Pats, Colts, Boys, The Pack and perhaps the Jags......then you have the rest of the NFL. Period.

^^^ im not a seahawks fan

but look at the hawks d....their talent on d alone trumps that of the packers...they live and die by favre

I'd give the Hawks a couple looks on their D. They're nice. I won't deny that.

But their O? Putrid.

0 running game and you can't count on Hasselbeck winning the game for them. Not against our corners.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

^^^ im not a seahawks fan

but look at the hawks d....their talent on d alone trumps that of the packers...they live and die by favre

saying that the playmakers on defense of the Seahawks is one thing... but the Packers D has been one of the top 10 in the league this year in bothYards/game allowed and Points/game allowed...

the packers D has been no slouch. they live and die by putting up almost 28 per game and giving up only 18

J Rain, I'm awful surprised your fingers weren't clenched to Moss's genitals and that you were to able to type.

I have a feeling Koren will have a huge game against his old team. I'm thinking 2 TDs, either 1 kick return TD and 1 receiving TD or 2 receiving TDs.

Meet the man who "dared" vote Favre for MVP
Cold, Hard Football Facts for January 7, 2008

Meet the man who dared cast the lone dissenting vote for Green Bay's Brett Favre in the Most Valuable Player balloting this seasons. The other 49 votes, of course, went to New England's Tom Brady ... and naturally, the one dissenting vote forced some greedy Patriots fans into a fit.

His name is Frank ****ey and he runs NFLDraftScout.com and The SportsXchange, one of the country's leading providers of sports data and analysis. He's a Pro Football Hall of Fame voter and a friend of the Cold, Hard Football Facts. We actually first met ****ey (through cyberspace, anyway) when he contacted us to rip us about something we wrote last year. We disagreed with him on a number of issues, and still do. We don't take tea together. But we found a guy who loves football, had plenty of Cold, Hard Football Facts by his side, and was passionate and knowledgeable about the game.

So when we found out today he cast the lone dissenting vote, we decided to write to him and ask him to tell us about his vote in his own words. After all, as our own "coldhard" noted in our Football Forum Saturday, it's not like Favre is some sort of chump. He's a first-ballot Hall of Famer who's in the midst of one of the top three statistical seasons of long career, may end up in the Super Bowl and was named Sports Illustrated's Sportsman of the Year. Sounds like a pretty valuable season.

But ****ey's a grown man and can speak for himself. Here is his response to us, in his own unedited words. He makes quite a bit of sense. But you judge for yourself.

First, let's be clear that this award is a distinctly individual honor in the ultimate team sport, which makes it extremely difficult to sort out in the first place.

As such, it cannot be based on statistics, which reap their own rewards. The term we are addressing here is Most Valuable Player, which I take to mean most valuable to one's team. It is, at best, an awkward phrase to evaluate, let alone quantify or justify. But, again, mere statistics should not be the sole basis of consideration. So it takes an understanding of a larger picture to get this into focus.

Tom Brady is a great player on a great team filled with great players in a highly-evolved system and a proven, veteran coach. That team, that franchise, was expected to win 14 games and it won 16. Brady was awesome behind an awesome line and with awesome wide receivers in a great system with the help of excellent defense and special teams.

He threw 50 touchdowns, 23 to Randy Moss. I appreciate all of that. Great players, great offense, great stats, great organization. It's all awesome.

In addressing the subject of the individual honor of Most Valuable Player, however, one is confronted by one of those chicken-or-egg scenarios. Was Brady great because of his team or was the team great because of Brady?

There is no right or wrong answer there, just endless debate. I am familiar with this debate because it raged when Brady's idol, Joe Montana, was the quarterback in the 49ers West Coast offense. But the fact that the question can be asked opens the way for comparing Brady's individual accomplishments in 2007 with those of other NFL players.

In fact, one might ask if Randy Moss was the MVP, considering that Brady and the Pats did not manage 16 wins or 50 touchdown passes before Moss arrived. Or We Welker, for that matter.

Moving on:

Favre was the quarterback and unquestioned leader of the youngest team in the NFL, one that was expected to win only five games. He led that team to 13 wins. I think that was more valuable INDIVIDUAL achievement than what Brady managed with his great team.

How can one measure "Value?" Not sure.

But Favre hoisted the fate of an entire franchise squarely on his shoulders. This is a franchise that was stumbling into the 2007 season with no concept of what it could accomplish. He inspired his team as much with his attitude, on and off the field, as he did with his arm. The fact that he returned to play at all infused the team with a positive attitude and may have prevented the franchise from emotionally imploding. There's no statistic that accurately reflects his impact on the success of the Packers franchise in 2007. But there is a terminology that is apt and that is Most Valuable Player.

Hell, it doesn't even mean he was the best quarterback in the league. It means exactly what it says, that he was the most valuable player to his team. Period.

The Patriots have and will continue to garner incredible team honors. It was an historic season for the Patriots and many of their players. Within that team there are many great players, starting with Brady and including Moss, Welker and one of the best offensive lines we have seen in years. But Most Valuable Player is an individual honor and I think as an individual that Favre was the Most Valuable Player on his team.

Finally, I support everybody's right to voice their opinions and theories for our great game of football and the great people who take part in it. It's part of what makes our great sport what it is. It is, after all, a complex game of conflict.

Congratulations to Brady for having a spectacular season and to the Patriots front office for putting together perhaps the most dominant franchise in the history of the game.

If Patriots fans would allow it, however, I think that my vote was justified for another historic player who breathed life into another historic, albeit floundering, franchise. Even amidst a flurry of honors that are indeed owed to Brady and the Pats, Favre's contribution to the 2007 season and the Packers is certainly worthy of note and, therefore, one man's humble vote.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.co...t_the_man_who_"dared"_vote_Favre_for_MVP.html

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

Seahawks by ten.....Hasselbeck: 18-32, 277 yds., 2 TDs, 1 Int. Alexander: 23 rushes for 33 yds. 0 TD and 1 fumble Morris: 15 rushes for 60 yds. and 1 TD Engram: 7 rec. 98 yds. 1TD DJ Hackett: 5 Rec. 76 yds. Burleson: 6 Rec. 59 yds. and 1 TD Josh Brown: 2/3 50(made), 47(made), 36(missed) DST: 3 sacks, 3 Int. (one returned for TD), 376 yds. allowed and 24 points allowed.

This dude predicted 23 rushes for 33 yards
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom