OFFICIAL Simple Dunk Thread Vol. FA-exclusives, CO.JP, Pre-premium, NO GARBAGE

camper lows
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PhORakaGeKOh

ah, my favourite thread.
sup DunkFam!!! its nice to see that y`all are still keepin it alive. ive picked up a few more since i last posted
Whats good dude, right back at ya
Couple newer pic's:

Haha thats pretty much the exact opposite I was looking for as far as productivity in this thread... But I guess thats where the sneaker world has gone...

Still to this date one of my fav simple dunks... White/Gum/Bison Euro exclusive.
1zycy37.jpg

If only these werent Euro exclusives back in the day. I've only ever saw one pair for sale back in 04, I wish I bought them back then.

I don't post in here much but I had a question.

Weren't the orchard streets randomly thrown around different locations?

Where they placed around location with or without a box?

Are they customs or did Nike actually design these?

Thanks in advance

^ Orchard St is a store in NYC. For a very well planned marketing scheme, they actually bought 30 (approx.) pairs of st. johns dunks and 40 (approx.) pairs of Brazil dunks. The first pair was released in the summer of 03,  the st. johns dunks were customized into the red, yellow and black pairs with the black "OS" in Old English on this side. The Brazil dunks were customized into the orange, green and black pairs with the cut out in the wing and the tongue cut out and re sewn in reversed. All pairs were labeled and hand numbered from the inside with a Sharpie marker.

They made wanted posters for them, creating a hype, not only for the limited shoes but for the store, and posted them u all over the city. Some pairs went to NYC royalty, like Nas and JayZ, some went to ALIFE and vintagekicks.com, and the others were slung over lamp posts and phone lines and trees. If you were lucky enough to get a pair, you could then go back to the store and get your Tshirt, sticker, poster and box. Nike, to my knowledge, actually had nothing to do with the project. The thing about these shoes is that some went to celebrities and some were picked up by sneakerheads that know the value, and some, probably more than we know, were actually found by random pedestrians that didn't know jack about sneaker culture. Those are the ones that probably got beat up, destroyed, and thrown away, making these even rarer. There are pictures of Nas wearing them, Jude Law walking his dog with them and they were even spotted in a Jay Z video. I know Tommy Rebel aka BrooklynBasements from Just For Kicks has a pair, adobo has a pair, I believe retrosneakerz23 has a pair, Greg Street has a few pairs.

My pairs, pictured a few posts above, I did. I bought brazils and 03 st johns highs and made them the exact same way that OS did. I wanted them that bad!!! I just know I couldnt pay the price that they are going for. I definitely do not portray them as real, but they sure do fool the people that dont ask.

Here are some pics of the real ones...

Hanging from the light pole... OS1s...

retrosneakerz23's pair...

8fwxh0o.jpg

Nas in his pair with the matching OS shirt...

SAM_1041.JPG

SAM_1040.JPG

SAM_1042.JPG

Posters...

3480229707_04cefbcaf6_z.jpg

3481037800_e6f9d540f5_z.jpg

3480228293_ab7774b6c9_z.jpg

The 2 pairs that were for sale on RIF...

49437.640.jpg

49438.640.jpg

The pair from iOffer from a few years back....

GHX5RWUUL9a47fk.jpg

os%2Bboth.jpg

And there is a sz 11 pair of OS2s for sale on the bay as we speak...

thanks for that post about the orchard streets jwdanklefs.. always knew about em but never the interesting back story. love the green pair

Alot of DOPE dunks in here NT fam.
38e26d56c66c714a0eb11bd8a6977108bc00f499_r.jpg

6b426bd62267e12402f110de35a2a0367c64a231_r.jpg

just a sample of my dunks. Have to take a group photo soon

Back
Top Bottom