OFFICIAL Simple Dunk Thread Vol. FA-exclusives, CO.JP, Pre-premium, NO GARBAGE

^Indeed, Blue Sparks are my favorite. Not sure why I always say Spark Blue and then switch it up saying Blue Sparks. Must be me haha.

^Indeed, Blue Sparks are my favorite. Not sure why I always say Spark Blue and then switch it up saying Blue Sparks. Must be me haha.

The Sparks I posted a while back are samples. I believe the hue of the blue is slightly different than the release.

I've almost bought Campers 3 or 4 times recently. Seeing how nice the gum sole looks in that one picture has made me decide to actually go for them the next time I get a chance to.

Cool, I like the blue on those more than the earlier ones, so eventually I'd like to get a pair of those highs, but only after I finish my set of the BTTYS 98/99s.

dope campers and mesas
Very nice pair of mesas indeed. Any of you guys think there's ever a chance to find these DS still? My pair looks like it has been through a war and back, and I'm not even sure it still fits me since they haven't been worn in years.

new pickups - old spice sb, 1999 kentucky's and 1999 st. john's

Very nice pair of mesas indeed. Any of you guys think there's ever a chance to find these DS still? My pair looks like it has been through a war and back, and I'm not even sure it still fits me since they haven't been worn in years.

the only downside is the 12-year-old-nubuck-curse, ie chippage. the nubuck starts to crack at the points where the toebox flexes the most :-(

the only downside is the 12-year-old-nubuck-curse, ie chippage. the nubuck starts to crack at the points where the toebox flexes the most :-(
Hmm...that may be true. I guess I will have to go and check to see how my pair is doing. All I remember is that I never took care of it and there was dirt and creases all over the place. And I remember the midsole is pretty yellow'd out too. Reason why I cannot just throw em away is really because those were the first dunks I ever had, although my ex bought them for me. I can still remember some dude wearing it in my class in college, and I was like, I got to have those.

Last edited:

happend to the ds pair I posted on the first wear..guess the nubuck dries out if left ds too long

Last edited:
Rocked City Attacks today and well..

I got them last year DS for a great price, and this was the second time wearing them. They started to crack/peel around the collar ankle support while wearing them at work. It wasn't until I got home to try and fix it. It wasn't cracking, but some waht "warpped" if that's the right word. Basically the leather moved around and looks like cracks. Some small areas did have the leather peeled which sucked, but has this happened to anyone before? My guess is wrong the original didn't store them right. Some of my other co.jp dunks have this issue along with random sticky residue. 
ohwell.gif

Guess wearing them with shorts is the only way to prevent it besides leather condition it.

I got them last year DS for a great price, and this was the second time wearing them. They started to crack/peel around the collar ankle support while wearing them at work. It wasn't until I got home to try and fix it. It wasn't cracking, but some waht "warpped" if that's the right word. Basically the leather moved around and looks like cracks. Some small areas did have the leather peeled which sucked, but has this happened to anyone before? My guess is wrong the original didn't store them right. Some of my other co.jp dunks have this issue along with random sticky residue. :\

Guess wearing them with shorts is the only way to prevent it besides leather condition it.

damn , sucks man . what year are they from ?

damn , sucks man . what year are they from ?

those are from 1999. I've had something similar happen, which is why I almost always go for shoes that have been used at least a little. Shoe will still be wearable, but the ankle will probably flake a bit for years.

I got them last year DS for a great price, and this was the second time wearing them. They started to crack/peel around the collar ankle support while wearing them at work. It wasn't until I got home to try and fix it. It wasn't cracking, but some waht "warpped" if that's the right word. Basically the leather moved around and looks like cracks. Some small areas did have the leather peeled which sucked, but has this happened to anyone before? My guess is wrong the original didn't store them right. Some of my other co.jp dunks have this issue along with random sticky residue. 
ohwell.gif

@dunksrnice the same **** happened to me with my syracus co.jps and my rapids (which have the sticky residue) i thought it was from dust or spilled drinks LOL

Last edited:
old kicks crease and crack in all sorts of interesting ways. I like how it looks as long as its not too bad

I got them last year DS for a great price, and this was the second time wearing them. They started to crack/peel around the collar ankle support while wearing them at work. It wasn't until I got home to try and fix it. It wasn't cracking, but some waht "warpped" if that's the right word. Basically the leather moved around and looks like cracks. Some small areas did have the leather peeled which sucked, but has this happened to anyone before? My guess is wrong the original didn't store them right. Some of my other co.jp dunks have this issue along with random sticky residue. :\

That happened to my 98 orange/white highs too. best thing to do is strip the affected part and repaint it with angelus. worked perfectly for me

Last edited:
I've had the cracking around the collar too. The most common flaw that I've had with late 90s Dunks is the the swoosh sort of "peels" in spots.

I presume I could just fix that with a tiny touch of Angelus or something, but overall, I'm too lazy for that.

Just anecdotal evidence here, but it's been my experience that this happens more to pairs that have the white ankle collar.

I've got a little swoosh peeling on my michigans from 98, cracks on my cuse, what looks like cracks ready to form on my St. John, but my UNLV are perfect.

Back
Top Bottom