:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

@JE15306 How many sessions do you do? I did a couple to see good results. I don't think there's anything you can do from what I've read. But I would keep it yellow, but that is just me. I like a little vintage look on my sneakers, just not too much lol. Also on the pods of the 13's, use the retr0brite formula. Give it another go, I'm positive it will work with those.

@Fat Boy 915 Try nail polish remover. Get a paper towel and use a little bit of nail polish remover and lightly run it over the scuffed areas. If nail polish remover is too weak, use acetone.
Oh btw, the formula restoremysneakers uses is a stronger formula than the generic retr0brite formula i posted here. For the original retr0brite formula, you need hydrogen peroxide of at least 10% - 15%

I only did 2 sessions outside and 1 inside, only put a day of effort to be honest. It did show some cleanness and there was a slight amount of less yellowing, but I guess I was expecting the restoremysneakers results. Can't remember where I saw all the ingredients they used, think it was in a video of theres. Vegetable oil, xantham gum, and 10% or high hydrogen peroxide, oxi clean, was going to order all of these materials but it was like $50 from Amazon. Alright will try the home made Retr0brite on the pods of the 13's and show before and after results by sunday. You think this would work on the Flip 3's. Just bought a DS pair for $140, but the tab is yellowed.

Originally Posted by johnandrew07

@Fat Boy 915 Try nail polish remover. Get a paper towel and use a little bit of nail polish remover and lightly run it over the scuffed areas. If nail polish remover is too weak, use acetone.   
Wow. I barely touched the shoe with the nail polish remover and it came right off. Thank you!

pimp.gif

@JE15306 Do all sessions outside. Unless you have a special light bulb that emits UV light.. I did all of my sessions outside and waited until the foamy substance turned hard as a rock and then I washed it all off with a scrubber.

^Wish I could bro... It's starting to get cold here all the time and no sun at all. SMH Should have done more and better sessions when i could. Btw, do you know of any cleaners to keep the sole of the Stealth V's from turning yellow. I know there going to turn yellow eventually, but something that'll slow down the process, you know. Homie has something, but forgot the damn name of it. He uses it on his DMP Red V's and there still icey, after 10+ wears.

I dont know. I'd store 4 packs of silica gel packs in the box to suck in enough moist air to prevent/ slow down oxidation of the icy sole.

If you're only alternative is indoor method, go to your local pets store (petco) and buy a special lamp that emits UV rays for lizards or any reptiles (snakes, iguanas,) whatever is cold blooded.

I bought these 2003s deadstock and this is what happened just after 30 minutes of rockin em for the first time, smh.
mad.gif
sick.gif
Does anyone know where to get these midsoles re-painted?
nerd.gif
Any help would be appreciated, thanks inadvance!
aebbcx.jpg

2d6rygi.jpg

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Yagbolz

How to clean jeans stain on Kicks?
get a q tip and dip it into rubbing alcohol. proceed to wipe stained areas, be careful not to rub other areas as the alcohol might rub off some paint. then moisturize the areas with water and clean them up.

My grapes are starting to yellow 
frown.gif

Any tips on how to prevent it from yellowing or at least slow down the process?

Whats the procedure to getting creases or wrinkles out of nubuck shoes. For example DMP vi's? And also i have a little dent in the front of the shoe (toe part).. how do i take care of that also?

Originally Posted by RV019

My grapes are starting to yellow 
frown.gif

Any tips on how to prevent it from yellowing or at least slow down the process?

cant prevent it. it can be slowed down by cleaning the sole after every wear.  look up retro brite on youtube and see how to reverse the yellowing

has anyone ever replaced the nike air heel part on the air jordan 3's? My og pair is cracked and split and instead of gluing it together i was wondering if anyone has any stories or knows anything about replacing nike air heel tab part of the shoe. Any information would be greatly appreciated! 

My house will be tent fumigated for termites next week, is there something I need to do to protect my clothes and sneakers? Or if you can point me to the right direction if I'm in the wrong thread for this question, I appreciate it.

I assume my clothes should probably be put away since, chemicals on skin doesn't sound good.. but I'm not too sure about sneakers.
Should I take them out of the house or will they hold up well with no damage in the long run from the chemicals?
I would like to know from those that have experience in the matter, thanks!

Can I throw some white mesh Air Max 1s in the washing machine? If so is there a special technique (i.e putting them in a pillowcase) I should use and/or brand of detergent?

got some 2001 blk/red III's (or black cements) and i want to restore the white midsole. amazingly enough, no cracking. but the white paint has faded in some spots. what paint could i use for that surface and that will hold up?

What's the best paint for the tb III's ?? I need to repaint my 09 looked and didn't see what everyone uses , thanks

Here is the scenario: You just bought a fresh pair of suede Air Jordans, But Unlike the rest of your collection this special material requires particular care and maintenence. From experience I will go through a few steps that I have tried that will give you the advantage when keeping Your Suede Shoes Clean.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
First of all I would like to note that preventing your Suede shoes from any scuffs or dirt marks is an eaiser task then fixing the mess after it happens. So tip number one is to be aware of your surroundings, this means when your rocking your new suede shoes be mindful that the material is wiry and impressionable and will leave a mark if it was bumped. Knowing this, you also want to think about storage. To avoid having to brush dust off your suede shoes just keep them in a confined space, a shoebox is great for keeping dust out. If you can go as far as buying dust bags for each individual shoe, to ensure that they won't rub together, or gather dust. Another very important fact to note is that water and suede shoes do NOT mix, so spray your shoes with a suede/nubuck protectant before wearing them to make cleaning much easier. (treat your suede shoes with pretectanct about every three months)

BEFORE                                                           AFTER

For More Tips and More Before and After Pics Check out www.Solerebirth.com

i bought a few 3's that came out this year WC TB and BC
all of a sudden my TB3's start squeaking after about 15-20 wears i didnt ball in em or anything just walking around and stuff
my WC3's arent squeaking and i wore them a bit more

only my right pair is squeaking around this area
anyone knows how to fix this or has the same problem?

23hal9i.jpg

Originally Posted by illadelALLDAY

Here are better pics of the sole and overall shoe. 2001 Black/Red 1s. I've got an idea on restoring everything but the swoosh and the sole. No idea on how to clean the swoosh and I REALLY have no clue how I'm going to do a sole swap.
its 3AM and idk why but i randomly came across this and thought about your post
laugh.gif

not exactly 1's but this might help
tongue.gif

http://jbfcustoms.com/?page_id=458

Back
Top Bottom