:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

^^ Sucks. This is why I always like to get my shoes in person, so I can inspect them.

If that were me, I would try to remove it with rubbing alcohol carefully.

Does anyone know of a way to "un-sag" the backs of XIs? I bought some Cool Greys earlier this week for a great price, and after some SeaGlow they'll be icy again...but the heels are a little saggy for my taste. Any way to reverse this?

Originally Posted by ballin101

where is the best place to buy barge cement? im tryin to fix the sole on my 04 playoff 12s. is barge cement the best adhesive to use for this?

id say yes its the best for sole seperation repairs, if you google it like i did it will tell you where it is at a store near you, i did that and found it at a local ace hardware store but it wasnt the big can version it was a tube of it and it was like 5 bucks and has done around 3 shoe repairs for me just be careful and dont use too much because if you do it will seep over the sides where you are glueing and become a real pain to clean up, use pressure with your hand for around 15 minutes or what i did was got a bunch of my wifes hair ties, she didnt appreciate it but oh well, and stuffed the shoe all the way through then i hair tied them as tight as i could get it and left it there overnight. PM me if you need any other info.

Originally Posted by southwesthouston

I actually used w 40 and it glue stains came right off white patent leather !

Oh that's right, WD40 is good at removing glue and any adhesive materials. 

I have a pair of low Xi's (2007 release) Grey and yellow but my left shoes's tongue is way tight that it barely shows cuz the straps that keep the tongue in place is way tight and pulls it down . would it ruin them if i just cut the strap?

imag0114e.jpg

How can I completely remove the scuff?

I've tried Goo Gone and even after ~30 mins of scrubbing and re-applying, it isn't completely gone.

I've tried Magic Eraser and it doesn't do anything. Nothing with the instant shoe cleaner from FTL either.

Originally Posted by WalmartShoes

Is there user on Youtube that does tutorials on how to clean each Jordan's and colorways?

Theres a dude whose been doin em for a while, and while he hasnt done every shoe/ cw, he has done most. He covers how to clean certain materials jordan uses,(leather, nubuck etc) and also like the the netting on the 4s and 5s. So while he may not have a video for the shoe you want to clean, im sure by lookin around a lil you can figuire out what to use for each material that shoe has. my comp is buggin and i cant get on youtube, but its the dude form restoremysneakers.com i think. I remember seein some of his videos in the past, how to defogg airbubbles, and the hologram on the 13s. He covers a lil bit of everything

I don't know if this has something to do with cleaning/ maintenance but I have like 2 pair of foams that the soles are worn out. Is there any Nike factory or aomethig that fixes this problem or replace the bottom. I know I'm not the only one with this problem so please help me out pm me

has anyone done a sole swap on some 99 cement ivs in here? Im planning out my future swap after my soles die out but im concerned about the glued portions. What glue works best? techniques? And has anyone had problem with the black portion of the sole that comes up to the forefoot staying glued? I plan on wearing them normally after swapping.

Looking for the best way to get the yellowing out of the netting... I was cleaning them the other day and applied regular sneaker cleaner foam and when I wiped it off the netting with a paper towel a little yellow goo came out of the netting and was a little cleaner but looking to really remove some yellowing from the netting and bottom/sides.... Any suggestions??

Also what would be the best way to touch these up?

Im currently sole swapping a pair of white cement 4's from 1999. I am going to be updating my progress through my youtube videos.

Originally Posted by CatchnTDs

Looking for the best way to get the yellowing out of the netting... I was cleaning them the other day and applied regular sneaker cleaner foam and when I wiped it off the netting with a paper towel a little yellow goo came out of the netting and was a little cleaner but looking to really remove some yellowing from the netting and bottom/sides.... Any suggestions??

Also what would be the best way to touch these up?

Http://www.facebook.com/RaleighRestorations

I need some help.

I have some OG Jordan XIX's with a bit of separation on various areas of the shoe.

I briefly went through the thread and saw Barge cement. Is that the best thing for this or is there something better?

5b716068cebcc548e78a5112b2a2fd45acbf2e57_r.sc_0581%5B1%5D

cd1362e56d36ce85b807ceb24436eecb2d6ccbfb_r.sc_0582%5B1%5D

cc4365f360edcf22bc3dcf5e404ce7319442f0b9_r.sc_0583%5B1%5D

674269362ac57b1dc654b8eda58e9258524bffd1_r.sc_0584%5B1%5D

=

09416267c6bfc34be7714f5e5396aa875607d55b_r.jpg

Thanks!

Originally Posted by KMante

I need some help.

I have some OG Jordan XIX's with a bit of separation on various areas of the shoe.

I briefly went through the thread and saw Barge cement. Is that the best thing for this or is there something better?

5b716068cebcc548e78a5112b2a2fd45acbf2e57_r.sc_0581%5B1%5D

cd1362e56d36ce85b807ceb24436eecb2d6ccbfb_r.sc_0582%5B1%5D

cc4365f360edcf22bc3dcf5e404ce7319442f0b9_r.sc_0583%5B1%5D

674269362ac57b1dc654b8eda58e9258524bffd1_r.sc_0584%5B1%5D

=

09416267c6bfc34be7714f5e5396aa875607d55b_r.jpg

Thanks!
thats what i use on all of my seperations and it hasnt failed me yet, i dont ball in mine so i dont know if they will hold up to playing in them but who knows.

Originally Posted by rcjbbp1313

Originally Posted by KMante

I need some help.

Thanks!
thats what i use on all of my seperations and it hasnt failed me yet, i dont ball in mine so i dont know if they will hold up to playing in them but who knows.
Cool. I do still hoop in these. Hopefully they will still hold up.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by chisoxdavid

does retrobrite or seaglow damage the glue in the sole?

i think seaglow will eat at it but the major problem with doing either way is when the shoes get hot they will seperate plain and simple, when i do mine i always have a fan blowing on them and if its super hot, which it almost always is here in florida, i put a wet paper towel balled up on the carbon fiber AND put a bowl of ice behind the fan. seperation is an easy fix but it will never be the same as the factory glue.

ok this might be a stupid question but does the 3M on the lakers 6s supposed to look like this? they look dirty to me, is there a reason why mine look like this?

would throwing some dirty a@@ AM95 in the wash ruin then? I know not to dry them on high but what would be the best for them

Back
Top Bottom