:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

2 question.

A. For the playoff xii's, I have dirt (cuz they way I walk) on the back of the heel. Someone told me once what u need to clean the "deep" dirt

B. for Bred xi's, would an armor all wipe work for the patent to make them look shiny? Mine look like thy have scratches or lines in the patent leather.

Has anyone tried switching out a pair of force fields to multiple different pair of shoes? Wondering if its practical or if ill need to head to the store to buy some more

What did anybody do about cracking and chipping paint on Air Maxes and Jordans? I read somewhere that they would apply a clear paint or coat before wearing them or something. Or even a protector. I'm trying to coat the gold swoosh on my Kobe Elites before breaking them out

Has anyone tried switching out a pair of force fields to multiple different pair of shoes? Wondering if its practical or if ill need to head to the store to buy some more

Do you actually use the adhesive strips to have to force stick to the top of the toe box? I never take the strips off and just use my 1 pair of force fields for all my shoes. Yes, very practical.

hey! has anyone used the seaglow on their 11s?if so did it work and where do i get it from?

I have recently been using restoration sauce from restoremysneakers.com and it works great.

I switch them out now since there's no point in buying multiples.

I do have 1 pair of force fields that stays permanently in my BC3s though.

[quote name="Glockwork3" url="/t/15471/official-sneaker-care-maintenance-post-its-back/4500#post_16146821"[/quote]

Been meaning to ask you what tool you use to get rid of the sock lint on the heels?? But if you don't feel comfortable revealing your secret, it's okay.

Anyone know where I can get my 01 space jams soles re-glued in Los Angeles? I don't trust myself with re-glueing em:D

Why not just purchase sneaker shields? They protect way better than force fields and you can take them in and out of any shoes without having to worry about the adhesive wearing out.

Why not just purchase sneaker shields? They protect way better than force fields and you can take them in and out of any shoes without having to worry about the adhesive wearing out.
Yeah i was thinking about that but i had a pair of force fields lying around so im seeing what use i can get out of it.

Is there anything than can be done ?

Only the the inside of the left shoe is separating

Last edited:
Results. Sorry for the delay!

It may seem brighter because of the time of day, but you can notice the lace loops are whiter and the yellow dinginess is gone.

Is there anything than can be done ?
Only the the inside of the left shoe is separating
Good looking pair of '01 Black Cements! Still firm!

You can use Barge Cement or Barge Cement Infinity for clear glue.

The regular barge cement is yellow, but it's not a problem for this kind of fix. 

Only use Infinity on Jordan 11's. 

I do plan on doing 2 more sessions. I didn't know the mesh will become dull with multiple sessions. If it's not the results I am looking for, I'll redo the RIT Whitener again.

I just don't know how long I should wait until I rinse off the solution again. 

I am currently waiting 15 - 20 minutes for the BFK to soak into the mesh before I actually rinse it all off.

Edit: In the picture above, it's only 2 - 3 sessions and left overnight to dry after each session

Last edited:
Does anyone know a fix for the rubber fronts on 04 Olympic 7s? And where I could a pair of gold tip laces? The shoes are FLAWLESS except for the yellow fronts.. I looked it up on youtube, only vid I found with a fix was using a dremel tool.. which I do not want to do! HELP ME PLEEEEEASE

So this will be my 4/5 session with BKF. To soften the mesh, I scrubbed it with detergent and let it settle for 30 minutes before I rinsed it all off.

I hope this will help you restorers out there making that $$$

Edit:

These may be sneakers but it still applies to all types of fabric. Anything that can whiten T shirts can whiten mesh.

Here's a tip: Don't become frustrated when you don't see the results right away. This takes multiple sessions with high patience. 

A perfect example is like retr0briting a pair of 11's. It will take 6+ hours under the UV light to see a slight difference. You can't expect to do one session and hope to see your dingy yellow into pure white.

Last edited:
Good looking pair of '01 Black Cements! Still firm!

You can use Barge Cement or Barge Cement Infinity for clear glue.

The regular barge cement is yellow, but it's not a problem for this kind of fix. 

Only use Infinity on Jordan 11's. 

Thanks , I decided to go with a glue called "Amazing Goop " because I heard it was pretty good for this type of job . It worked great and plus it was clear too

Im doing a midsole swap on my size 13 99' White cement 4s, my donor is a size 13 flight 89, somehows the midsole comes out to be to short for the outsole. Can someone help ? 
c54fa774_Photo44.jpeg
858624c3_Photo43.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom