:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Hey guys! So recently I saw these pairs of Jordan Sunset 5's that the guy customized (they're authentic btw). He did a horrible customizing job, and he also painted the icy parts of the soles red. I'm kind of interested in buying these shoes because the price is reasonable and also to re-customize but I just want to know if it's possible to make the icy parts "normal" again. Any help would be much appreciated!

I know Vick well (well atleast as well as you can online/social media) and we both make our own "sauce". I can assure you it is not 40 and oxi. Our "sauces" are similar and contain about 5-6 ingredients to prevent traction loss and "white bloom" like other products. Not to mention they both work quicker than salon care or any other "homemade retrobrite". http://www.raleighrestorations.bigcartel.com

Definately NOT TRUE.

The Snakeskin XI's I posted previously suffered SEVERE traction loss, almost to the point that they no longer even feel like rubber soles.

Did they get a helluva lot clearer?? Yes. Was there a loss of traction though?? Definately YES.

^^it works on rubber really well but sometimes on clear rubber it doesn't do as good. I tried it and it cleared up a lot but after a certain shade of yellow it stopped working for me.

I work my LBJ XIs with regular cotton socks rather than dri fit and they smell now.

I've heard about lysol/febreeze/etc to get rid of the smell, anything else?

Might have to cop those odor eaters. I sprayed a bit of lysol, but I didn't wanna soak em. I left em out for about 6 hours too.
i typically take mine off and let them sit overnight but yeah you can do that or also put some baking soda in the shoes or in your socks or maybe some baby powder in your socks so the sweat gets absorbed and doesnt seep into your shoes

I never have the problem when I wear my dri fits. It's those 100% cotton socks that do it in some shoes. Not to mention, I wore em for about 10 hours straight.

I never have the problem when I wear my dri fits. It's those 100% cotton socks that do it in some shoes. Not to mention, I wore em for about 10 hours straight.
yeah your feet get hotter in the cotton socks so the baby powder in the socks should help absorb the sweat instead of your shoes, that or get more dri fit socks lol

I have 20+ pairs of dri fit socks too. I have no idea why I wore cotton socks.

Where else can I cop odor eaters apart from Finish Line, FTL, etc?

aren't they available at any big box store? like target, walmart, kmart, ect?

I hate the cotton Nike socks. The black ones anyway.. They fade so quick it looks like you have on navy socks lol and the dri fit ones never fade.

i typically wear the lower cut socks so you cant see them when i wear shoes anyway and if the shoe is a high top i only wear socks high enough so it doesnt rub my heel raw

Can anyone help with this.....so I bought the south beach paint from angelus to restore my south beaches
Went thru all the proper procedures to repaint the shoe but, I noticed this after going over the toe 1st

They don't seem to match and now I'm getting a little scared
Always let your mistakes dry for atleast 4 hours+ (depending on weather/climate etc)

i bought a bottle of jason markk cleaner awhile back and someone told it could be used to clean clear soles on shoes,if this is true how effective is it compared to retro bright, ice cream, and sea glow

i bought a bottle of jason markk cleaner awhile back and someone told it could be used to clean clear soles on shoes,if this is true how effective is it compared to retro bright, ice cream, and sea glow

All it will do is just clean the dirt off the soles. It will not get rid of yellowing or make soles icy or clear again.

Anyone know how I can remove the yellowing on this? Tried magic eraser but didn't work.

It will clean clear soles, but it won't remove the yellowing.

Back
Top Bottom