:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

They are the 99s, I haven't purchased them yet I was only going to if I can repair those cracks, only solution is to dye the entire shoe??
Yeah I mean you should try nubuck cleaner first and then if that dosnt work then I'd use suede dye on that area..If that area is darker than rest of shoe then youd have to dye whole shoe..and damn if those are from 99 I hope your just collecting them because I feel like the sole might crumble or crack at that age but what do I know I dont have shoes that old...But Yeah its not like its a paint over solution because then it would have glossy paint on your nubuck and it would look like it was thrown off

Can Somebody Please Tell Me If This Is Fixable And If It Is Then How??!! 
LL
900x900px-LL-566808aa_CoolGrey11_New.jpeg
200x200px-ZC-2140033b_IMG_20140209_1702281.jpeg
200x200px-ZC-d63f0428_IMG_20140209_1704591.jpeg

thos the 3m ones fro mthe raging bull pack? I would not use nail polish remover on those, Scratches are scrathes and I think if thats a scratch and not a scuff then the 3m material on the outside was sliced off meaning theres no fix...
Will i be able to fix it if its just a scuff? And can you recommend me a good decreaser? I know the 3m raging bull 5s crease very easily like the green beans and i would love to decrease them using an iron, then having a decreaser to prevent future creases. 

Any suggestions on how to start on these? Goona clean the leather and remove most of the what I can. PL is a bit dirty which can be cleaned a little, but I don't think there's a way to uncrease it or get it to look extremely clean like before. Thing I don't have a clue on fixing is the midsole, I can get the stains and possibly scuffs off with magic eraser,etc. but the color disfiguration & chipping leave me clueless. Could sole swap it with a pair of spacejams I guess, but the CF is going to be different lol.

Last edited:

http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/799850/

Any suggestions on how to start on these? Goona clean the leather and remove most of the what I can. PL is a bit dirty which can be cleaned a little, but I don't think there's a way to uncrease it or get it to look extremely clean like before. Thing I don't have a clue on fixing is the midsole, I can get the stains and possibly scuffs off with magic eraser,etc. but the color disfiguration & chipping leave me clueless. Could sole swap it with a pair of spacejams I guess, but the CF is going to be different lol.
Clean the upper with soap and water it'll whiten up a lot. If there's scuffs on the patent leather use alcohol on a q tip to rub them off, trust me I had a pair of concords that had scuffs all over and they came right off. For the midsole you can't do anything if there's holes or chips. Just whiten it the best you can

XIs (specifically those with white mesh) are great transformation projects. With all the cleaning techniques out there you can take a beat pair and clean it up really nice. Looking forward to seeing the progress you make on those snakeskin lows :smokin.

Beautiful pair of shoes btw and Id ust sea glow the hell out of them and if theres sole seperation use whichever glue thats been recmomended on this forum...I personaly wouldnt sole swap it with the space jams unless the soles are absolutly trashed

Will i be able to fix it if its just a scuff? And can you recommend me a good decreaser? I know the 3m raging bull 5s crease very easily like the green beans and i would love to decrease them using an iron, then having a decreaser to prevent future creases. 
Hmm I think you would im not too good on how to restore 3m but for the decreasers You could use http://www.thedecreaser.com/ but ive never personnaly used them but they should work  but for the 3m it looks scratched off and once its scratched off theres no repait best thing would be to try to wover it up

After general cleaning and using salon care to whiten sole. Stripped the paint I'll post pics when done. I might keep whitening the sole even more

picked these flints up today for 40 , i tried using nail polish remover w. like 95% acetone .. im trying to get off the white paint to repaint it , what should i use ?

picked these flints up today for 40 , i tried using nail polish remover w. like 95% acetone .. im trying to get off the white paint to repaint it , what should i use ?
Im not entirly sure if you are going to need to use acetone unless previous owner painted them the leather might jsut be naturally white and would be easily painted over but if not i usually use acetone so thats kind of weird that its not coming off

also, who here has had good results with saloncare 40 with or without mixing it with oxyclean? i'm picking up 100w UV-B's tomorrow to test it out 

also, who here has had good results with saloncare 40 with or without mixing it with oxyclean? i'm picking up 100w UV-B's tomorrow to test it out 

a bunch of ppl bro, it really works but those shoes dont look too yellow more dirty

a bunch of ppl bro, it really works but those shoes dont look too yellow more dirty
just bought em .  do you mix the saloncare with oxyclean? I've done so in the past but with UV-A lights and got mediocre results. I let it sit in an air-tight container to form more of a paste type of texture, and it wound up foaming

i do it straight out the bottle, im trying to post some results but photobucket isnt working for me right now
but I hear that it takes a lot longer for the indoor method...its really cold where i am but we get sun too so i dbl up on the methods when i can.
how much u drop for toros?

i do it straight out the bottle, im trying to post some results but photobucket isnt working for me right now
but I hear that it takes a lot longer for the indoor method...its really cold where i am but we get sun too so i dbl up on the methods when i can.
how much u drop for toros?
300. the suede is mint and no creases, so the soles is my only thing i need to somewhat restore. 

just bought em .  do you mix the saloncare with oxyclean? I've done so in the past but with UV-A lights and got mediocre results. I let it sit in an air-tight container to form more of a paste type of texture, and it wound up foaming

if its foaming youre doing it right. the indoor method just takes waaaaaay longer than natural sunlight. For every hr of sunlight you would need 4-5 for indoor

Back
Top Bottom