:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

^ Look into getting them sole swapped. I've seen some really nice results. It may cost as much as a pair of new kicks but if you get to keep your grails and wear them again it's well worth it imo.

^ Look into getting them sole swapped. I've seen some really nice results. It may cost as much as a pair of new kicks but if you get to keep your grails and wear them again it's well worth it imo.
ive thought about it but i just couldnt bear to have these sent away for that (by me at least lol). theyre sooooooo ******* clean. and in my own opinion, id want to be able to rock the shoe in its "natural" form, itd mean more to me that way i guess idk.

rep'd though for the responses, thanks. hopefully someone out there knows a magic spell or a voodoo curse or some **** that'll make these okay lol

Gotta grab some RIT cleaner and clean up the mesh and possibly some retrobrite to make the soles icy again. Any other or better methods aside from RIT cleaner to clear the mesh again?
this was 2 - One hour sessions a kid in a local group did with saloncare

Hi all -  i'm new to NikeTalk and this forum for care/maintenance is massive and i didn't find any results for "scuffs" in the forum search.  

but, what would be the best course of action to fix my oreo 6's ?   also, even the smear on the oreo rubber heel tab, if possible

appreciate the help or link to old answers!  thanks! 

What can I do about these scuffs ? :nerd:

What can I do about these scuffs ?
nerd.gif
same problem but with white leather..   starting to think that its going to come down to seeing recommendations on best shoe/leather paint.   if there is a way to clear up the peeling that would make up most the fix imo.. 

Hi all -  i'm new to NikeTalk and this forum for care/maintenance is massive and i didn't find any results for "scuffs" in the forum search.  

but, what would be the best course of action to fix my oreo 6's ?   also, even the smear on the oreo rubber heel tab, if possible

appreciate the help or link to old answers!  thanks! 
looks more than a scuff it might need to be repainted use http://angelusdirect.com/collections/paint/products/white-paint and should be good in no time and with the  smear on the heel tab i would try an eraser
 What can I do about these scuffs ? 
nerd.gif
I would use a fine sandpaper and get all that excess leather sticking out to even out and then either repaint it or see how it is but id use http://angelusdirect.com/collections/paint/products/black-paint

looks more than a scuff it might need to be repainted use http://angelusdirect.com/collections/paint/products/white-paint and should be good in no time and with the  smear on the heel tab i would try an eraser

I would use a fine sandpaper and get all that excess leather sticking out to even out and then either repaint it or see how it is but id use http://angelusdirect.com/collections/paint/products/black-paint
thanks! i just bought the 4oz.. ive heard good things in the past and for 10 bucks figured its worth at least a try. 

eraser.. like a rubber (pencil) eraser ? 

How much work would be involved if I swapped the midsole and bottoms of these jordan flight club 90s with my 2011 black cement 3s? I could re-use the thread of the toe box on the bc3s so that everything else would be damn near identical. I figured by swapping with these it would save me time on separating the midsole of the donors. All I would have to do is strip had of the black paint and repaint white. Any thoughts or suggestions is appreciated. My bc3s have a couple areas of midsole splitting from over aggressive paint stripping.

How much work would be involved if I swapped the midsole and bottoms of these jordan flight club 90s with my 2011 black cement 3s? I could re-use the thread of the toe box on the bc3s so that everything else would be damn near identical. I figured by swapping with these it would save me time on separating the midsole of the donors. All I would have to do is strip had of the black paint and repaint white. Any thoughts or suggestions is appreciated. My bc3s have a couple areas of midsole splitting from over aggressive paint stripping. . .

Hayden13, before you start to do this midsole swap I highly suggest working on a beater pair to sole swap. It takes a lot of time and practice to figure out what you're doing right or wrong. From my adventures of sole swapping, I've had some success and some failures. My honest opinion is it's a lot easier to keep the outer sole and remove the midsole and swap another midsole. Sewing the toebox is some of the most frustrating work I've ever done. Don't try to do a rush job, take your time so it looks the way want it to look. I've been working on a pair of '99 black cement iv's for about 2 weeks now. Taking my sweet time so it is to my liking. Had to do a toebox sewing on one shoe, then remove and swap in some donor midsoles from some dub zero's. If you do this swap, these are the main tools you need. 1- clamps, 2-dremmel, gonna save you hours when it comes to stripping and remove excess glue and soles,3-shoe knife, comes in handy when you can't use the dremmel, 4- exacto knife, helps remove excess glue after it dries. Use e-6000 for your glue as I have found this glue works best for making to fit more secure. Barge cement works but doesn't seems as good compared to e-6000. Shoe goo sucks, don't use it for any midsole swapping. Good luck and have fun doing it or it's just not worth doing at all.

Would it be easier to use some shoe goo to smooth out the midsole where I over scraped? The midsole is still good but I caused it to split a little when I was scraping off the paint and if I could just fill it in in to make it look good id be cool with that. Any experience using that product?

Hey guys, I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but I need some help.

I've been looking at this pair of 2001 BC3's. Do you think this pair is wearable? The guy says he picked them up 3 weeks ago and has worn them 5 times and the soles are as firm as ever, no cracking at all. The air bubble kind of has me shook though.

I've been on the hunt for a pair of WC3 88's from last year, as I'd really love a pair of 3's with the Nike Air on them. These, obviously, are 1000x better, but I want something that can hold up over time, I'm talking like possibly multiple days of wear a week. If it helps, I weight like 115 lbs, so it's not like there'll be too much weight on the shoe, lol.

I'm no expert at all on this subject, so I need additional input on these. Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Once the air bubble gets foggy like that its just a matter of time. You can still wear it, but might have to sole swap soon. Depending on the price if the shoes, if its worth it.

Once the air bubble gets foggy like that its just a matter of time. You can still wear it, but might have to sole swap soon. Depending on the price if the shoes, if its worth it.
The dude's s/o is 250, BIN 300 shipped, was probably gonna offer around 275. Is that too much? What do you think a reasonable price would be?

And as far as sole swaps go, how much do they usually run? I don't have the talent to do it myself. If it's a lot, a pair of last year's 88s may be the way to go for me....

Last edited:
^ A good sole swap will cost you anywhere from $100-$200 not including the price of the donor pair to get the replacement mid/soles from.

Money wise it's better to go for the 88s. If all you want is the Nike air logo then go for it

WC3 88's are gonna run you 3-350 deadstock, so it really comes down to what you want. I've seen people making Nike Air heel tabs for the 3's, so if that's all you really want you can just get that customized onto the 2011 WC3 / BC3 / TB3

Last edited:
The dude's s/o is 250, BIN 300 shipped, was probably gonna offer around 275. Is that too much? What do you think a reasonable price would be?

And as far as sole swaps go, how much do they usually run? I don't have the talent to do it myself. If it's a lot, a pair of last year's 88s may be the way to go for me.... I wouldn't take the chance if you plan to wear them on a regular basis. Doesn't matter how much you weigh, you're gonna break them in more which will lead to the midsole to start to crack faster. Remember this shoe is 12 years old. As far as price of a sole swap, you just gotta check around to price the project. The more work someone has to do your shoes like removal of midsoles, clean excess glue residue, and insert and set donor midsole assuming you already removed it from the donor shoes, the higher the cost. If you got the shoes for $300, then factor donor price with labor you're looking about $500-$600. The hardest part is finding someone trustworthy to invest you money with for a project like this.
Would it be easier to use some shoe goo to smooth out the midsole where I over scraped? The midsole is still good but I caused it to split a little when I was scraping off the paint and if I could just fill it in in to make it look good id be cool with that. Any experience using that product?
I would use another glue to use a a filler instead of shoe goo. Use an epoxy glue to fill in the scrap. You can repaint over it and it will hold the paint better than using shoe goo. The only good use I had with shoe goo is fixing the soles on xi's but it take forever to set and the bond isn't as good compared to e-6000 or barge cement.

Back
Top Bottom