:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

What can I use to clean the soles on my gamma blue 11s? They're fairly yellow nothing amazingly bad but I have a toothbrush and toothpaste would this work or would I need something better?

2004 Cool Grey IV Full Restoration:

I took a break from sole swapping for a quick second and restored these Cool Greys.

As you can see, I did a full clean on the durabuck upper, whitened and deoxidized the front rubber toe, decreased the toebox and repainted the midsole. I added a higher gloss finish to the midsole to make the white stand out more.

I used the Air Legends Cleaner and it worked beautifully. 

I am currently overbooked and will not take in anymore restores at the moment. 

Follow me on IG and the team.

@johnandrew00

@airlegends

That's one hell of a job @johnandrew13  I peeped that on IG. I need to learn how to decrease toe boxes and heels of shoes. I need to seriously sit down and research and study.

For @Jumpman23j45  the best advice I have for XI's is to clean them with soap and water after every wear. It's a PITA but it's well worth it over the years. You won't have to do major maintainence later on. 

amazing work as always, im just imagining all the crazy elbow grease and hard work that went into those, mad props bro

This past winter hasn't been kind to the white mesh on my neon Air Max 95's. What is the best way to clean it and get them beaming white again? I had a pair of lava 95's not too long ago that i cleaned with tide and water but the mesh had a dull, off white, hue to them after. Has anyone else had this problem?

What can I use to clean the soles on my gamma blue 11s? They're fairly yellow nothing amazingly bad but I have a toothbrush and toothpaste would this work or would I need something better?
soap and warm water and a hard brissle toothbrush will do fine, just make sure to remove all of the water when done especially between the traction pods and the sole (the cracks hold water and can speed up yellowing) i usually blow hard between the pods to get the water out and wipe them dry.

I've been working on restoring a pair of Juventus Am95's. I'm still not really satisfied with the finished product. There's some little things stuck in the finish and I can't get them out with an exacto knife. I'm debating whether to keep them or just give them away to charity. It's so difficult painting in the little crevices on the shoe. On the one hand I really like the shoe, but on the other hand they just look kind of uneven and I don't want to strip them and start from scratch. It's just too time consuming.

Last edited:
any of you guys know what a good paint to hold tight? i used acrylic paint but it kept chipping off. or what to do to make the paint hold stronger.

Take the insole out and throw some baby powder in there. Then replace insole obviously

geraldg2309 geraldg2309 hey bro...have you ever tried that leather milk on other retros? i had a random thought today to buy it and use it on the 1s...but also wanted to see if it can be used on some of the other retros with the stiff leather lol

bayyrd bayyrd yeah bro I don't see why not. It wasn't really specifically made for shoes anyways. Put it on your couch if you want lol as long as it's leather. I put it on my taxis but can't recall if I saw a huge difference like my 1's. Planning to put it on some buttery leather shoes I bought today :nthat:

i ended up making a little insert similar to your method out of the painters tape. really good technique.

Yeah i know you don't have to rip the insoles out... thats why i didn't lol. IMO, if they glue em in... they arent meant to be taken out. ur not the only one tho... lots of people do that without hesitation. just not for me.
there's gotta be a better way to do this. adhesive is only touching a small part of the insole, but when I took the tape inserts out, it left tape adhesive residue on the insoles. so now i have to decide between saving the logos on the insole, or leaving behind an unsightly residue.

anyone know how to remove the residue?

[ATTACHMENT=6216]image.jpg (1,940k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Had some small color changing on tha 2012 bred 4s. How do I clean that greenish tint off and get it back to grey witout painting it and also witout messin up the bred 4 upper material? Thanks

Just wondering if anyone knows how to correct this? Someone said try a white pencil eraser. That didn't work at all. Thanks

there's gotta be a better way to do this. adhesive is only touching a small part of the insole, but when I took the tape inserts out, it left tape adhesive residue on the insoles. so now i have to decide between saving the logos on the insole, or leaving behind an unsightly residue.

anyone know how to remove the residue?
Just take the og insoles out when you get the shoes and keep them then put some replacement ones in then if you ever want to quit wearing them or sell them put it back in.

Thats what i do with some of my shoes that have some awsome graphics in the insole. I replace them with dr scholls insole...

i don't want to unglue the insoles, but you guys have a good point with replacing the insoles. maybe i'll make an insole out of something to put on top of the glued in insole. it would be hard to make one that won't slide around without taking out the insole to trace though. hmm

Back
Top Bottom