:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Thanks guys, but the one thing I'm interested in knowing most is that can the salon care mixture be used the same as retr0brite on netting,toecops,back tabs etc. and not just the soles. I've only seen people use saloncare for their out sole and was wondering if you could use it like retr0brite on back tabs, toecaps,etc.?
I don't see why not. I've never personally used it for those specific areas you've stated, but the chemicals in the product work for deoxidizing so you shouldn't have a problem.

I have a spare pair of Jordans now that can be my test monkey, so I will be experimenting with some mixture to find a better and faster method for making soles icey again lol 

Picked up a pair of beater XIIIs from Goodwill, looking to replace the insoles. Any recommendations?

I've read and read through this thread, but have yet to determine the best way to clean some dirty white soles on Jordan 3s. Everyday soap and toothbrush do the trick or nah?

Anyone have recommendations on fixing/restoring the chutney suede of jordan XIII og lows? On one shoe half of the suede is darkened from water and possibly some scrubbing, and I'd like to get it to the original light chutney color of the rest. Is this something that can be done at home or should I bring it to a shoe repair place?

How do you guys usually clean the tongues of your 7s. I used warm water and some cloth washing detergent and it helped a little on my cardinal 7s. I still need to get shoe laces all whitened up still but I am still trying to clean the tongue as much as possible. Thanks.

So after not wearing these for a while I just noticed that the tab on both shoes is broken, I have barge cement at home, wondering if any of you guys have experience on gluing the tab, or any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I've read and read through this thread, but have yet to determine the best way to clean some dirty white soles on Jordan 3s. Everyday soap and toothbrush do the trick or nah?
Dish soap/laundry detergent + hot water + tooth brush or baking soda + toothbrush to clean off dirt,stains,etc. As someone said Jason Markk would also work, but the home remedy's should do the trick also.

retr0brite or salon care mixture to clean off yellowing from oxidation,etc.

Personally prefer salon care > retr0brite, but I'll provide links to both. They work for regular cleaning, not just brightening/unyellowing translucent soles.

Last edited:
Anyone have recommendations on fixing/restoring the chutney suede of jordan XIII og lows? On one shoe half of the suede is darkened from water and possibly some scrubbing, and I'd like to get it to the original light chutney color of the rest. Is this something that can be done at home or should I bring it to a shoe repair place?
Personally don't know what to do, maybe dyeing it back is your only option? I would provide detailed pics if you really want the best advice.

Just copped these galaxies at Sneakercon Miami yesterday and just noticed a pretty big flaw. During the time they have been in the box with the original receipt, the ink rubbed onto the sole and now there are a few black marks on the sole itself. Anyone know how to remove this? Was thinking about degreaser but Im pretty sure that its harmful to the rubber, or at least the og goo gone is. Any tips/advice? Thanks.

How do you guys usually clean the tongues of your 7s. I used warm water and some cloth washing detergent and it helped a little on my cardinal 7s. I still need to get shoe laces all whitened up still but I am still trying to clean the tongue as much as possible. Thanks.
 Would be best to provide pics of the flaws & stains you're trying to get rid of. Are you trying to get rid of dirt or yellowing?

Laundry detergent/dishsoap + warm water + tooth brush would be the common recommendation for just normal dirtyness, but since that didn't work, kind of need more info to what you're trying to get rid of. Jason Markk would also be another common recommendation.

If you're trying to unyellow/whiten the tongue, RIT might work. There are plenty of tutorials online on the RIT whitening method for Jordan's. Personally never did it on a Jordan 7 tongue so idk if it'll work. I can't seem to remember the material on the 7 tongue, but if it's mesh, RIT will 100% work.

Cleaning White Laces:

Last edited:
 Would be best to provide pics of the flaws & stains you're trying to get rid of. Are you trying to get rid of dirt or yellowing?

Laundry detergent/dishsoap + warm water + tooth brush would be the common recommendation for just normal dirtyness, but since that didn't work, kind of need more info to what you're trying to get rid of. Jason Markk would also be another common recommendation.

If you're trying to unyellow/whiten the tongue, RIT might work. There are plenty of tutorials online on the RIT whitening method for Jordan's. Personally never did it on a Jordan 7 tongue so idk if it'll work. I can't seem to remember the material on the 7 tongue, but if it's mesh, RIT will 100% work.

Cleaning White Laces:

Yea I already had searched YouTube and did the detergent soap warm water tooth brush it helped but still not as bright white as I'd like it. Also I already seen that shoe lace cleaning tut. I just can't do it yet due to me not having bleach. And I need to keep the golden tips on shoe laces safe too. Thanks though for the reply, ill post some pics in a little bit.

@dontbelikethat  great links!  the tongue on the 7 are something similar to neoprene i believe. 

@Supra23  for laces, you can just use your typical hand soap + warm water and just put the laces in your hand and wash them like you normally wash a towel. it will take out 90% of the dirty and stain. another way is to put them in the linen bag and just throw them in the washer. 

Last edited:

Just copped these galaxies at Sneakercon Miami yesterday and just noticed a pretty big flaw. During the time they have been in the box with the original receipt, the ink rubbed onto the sole and now there are a few black marks on the sole itself. Anyone know how to remove this? Was thinking about degreaser but Im pretty sure that its harmful to the rubber, or at least the og goo gone is. Any tips/advice? Thanks.
 goo gone will be fine as long as you put them on a towel and not pour on the shoe directly. don't let them sit and wipe the area with clean soapy cloth right after. 

Can't get rid of this glue stain on my 2000 Space Jams and it's so annoying. I've tried everything, goo gone, acetone, wd40, olive oil...and nothing works. Anyone got any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom