:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Anyone using salon care adding the oxiclean or Just using the salon care 40
Adding oxyclean does enhance/quicken the process. I add oxyclean every time I use salon care. It's pretty commonly known to enhance the process, and almost everyone if not all the popular restorers on youtube,etc. will tell you that. You don't have to add it, but it's highly recommended, and most of the people that I know, use it.

Last edited:

Adding oxyclean does enhance/quicken the process. I add oxyclean every time I use salon care. It's pretty commonly known to enhance the process, and almost everyone if not all the popular restorers on youtube,etc. will tell you that. You don't have to add it, but it's highly recommended, and most of the people that I know, use it.
How much do you add to the Salon Care?  Thanks.

Gotcha. So results have been pretty promising? This product seems legit.
Results on my spacejams: 4-5 sessions

It's very easy to do and everything is practically made for you. Only problem is waiting for the sun to come out on a nice day and sole separation if you leave it out for too long. Stuff works and has been around for a pretty long time.

Tutorial on setup and how to apply the stuff after you mix the salon care with oxy:

Last edited:
these are my results with straight salon care. I'm not done yet, but it's coming along good.

Last edited:

Results on my spacejams: 4-5 sessions

It's very easy to do and everything is practically made for you. Only problem is waiting for the sun to come out on a nice day and sole separation if you leave it out for too long. Stuff works and has been around for a pretty long time.

Tutorial on setup and how to apply the stuff after you mix the salon care with oxy:

Wow good stuff on the Jams.

This is my results from using God Of Soles... Not much of a difference but maybe I wasn't doing it right even though I'm pretty sure I was.

Wow good stuff on the Jams.

This is my results from using God Of Soles... Not much of a difference but maybe I wasn't doing it right even though I'm pretty sure I was.
I used salon care on my SB9's and results were alright. It worked, but results weren't as effective as on Jordans imo and I don't know why. Also kinda got scared that it would seperate, so I stopped after like 2-3 sessions.

Any idea how to clean water stain on nubuck?

I cleaned the entire shoe with JM already. The glue spot I manage to clean off with very little goo gone, but no idea how to clean the hard water spot.

Can anyone help a first time customizer? I got angelous paint and I did a coat 6 times letting it dry and stuff. I have mars 4 trying to make history of flight 4s only thing is the shoe was used and it looks weird with all white and used white right?also how do I make it shoe the sole isn't coming off I have barges but it isn't working too good

bronxkid409 bronxkid409 you are supposed to wipe the whole shoe down with acetone to remove the old paint, dirt, and gloss on the leather. If you didn't do that, that would explain why it would look that way.

The black paint on the soles of my BRAND NEW Carmine VIs is already peeling off. My 6 year old pair doesn't have this problem, go figure. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can get the proper shade of black shoe paint (not leather paint) for them? Not sure if it should be a flat black or a glossy black.

The black paint on the soles of my BRAND NEW Carmine VIs is already peeling off. My 6 year old pair doesn't have this problem, go figure. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can get the proper shade of black shoe paint (not leather paint) for them? Not sure if it should be a flat black or a glossy black.
Can you post pics? I would say if it is just slight peeling to leave them alone until they really start to get bad. I recommend angelus paint, it works well and normally holds up pretty well. Also, are you a heavy person? I don't know why they would peel with 1 or 2 wears.

Fabes Sole Sauce works better than retrobrite and sea glow and all that other stuff. Plus its much more user friendly to use. Don't need all that extra material and set up.

Carmines have a basic black. It's not matte at all. Angelus Black paint should do the trick. Add a few drops of the duller if you want less shine but it should be good once it dries. Angelus shoe paint works for soles as well. It's just water based acrylic paint.

Last edited:
Picked up some Cool Grey 11's OG everything for $120. A little bummed about the heel drag, but I'm goona wear this pair out, so it was whatever. Will update with pics as I go. These are a bit more dirty in person than in the pictures.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dontbelikethat  

Picked up some Cool Grey 11's OG everything for $120. A little bummed about the heel drag, but I'm goona wear this pair out, so it was whatever. Will update with pics as I go. These are a bit more dirty in person than in the pictures.
Might not see a noticeable difference in pics, but super noticeable difference in person.

Left cleaned, right uncleaned:

Cleaning the insole has been the hardest part because of how disgusting it is. Still working on it. Wanted to wear this pair, but really considering to just sell it off. Gotta clear up the soles and I'm good.

Last edited:

Fabes Sole Sauce works better than retrobrite and sea glow and all that other stuff. Plus its much more user friendly to use. Don't need all that extra material and set up.
I used both.. I made my own RB and because i got high % Perox.. i actually got faster results indoor.. However it is more riskier for newbies but the turn around time is faster for me.

I scratched the leather on my Fire red 5's while playing ball. Any tips on restoring it back?

Back
Top Bottom