:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

You're gonna need e6000, a big clamp, and a toothpick. Put some E6000 on the toothpick, apply in between where the separation is, clamp down with large clamp and use a cloth in between the clamp on both sides to prevent compression damage. If possible, keep the clamp on the c.f. and leave the separated part exposed to breathe. Wipe off excess E6000 immediately after clamping. Let sit for a full day or more.

Any other brand of glue sir? I think we dont have it here.

Best glue ever.very strong smell s use the same sites he tldu earlier just with this glue

Gorilla glue is terrible for sneaker repair, as it expands and turns white.

Shoe goo is ok, just not nearly as string. Will do if it's all you have access to

How would I go about restoring the color on the yellowing portions? I made the mistake of using an old yellow sponge and it bled...

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

How would I go about restoring the color on the yellowing portions? I made the mistake of using an old yellow sponge and it bled...

Thanks for any and all suggestions.
Try soap a d water with a toothbrush. If that doesn't work, i suggest lincoln ez cleaner

Question for anyone who can help out. I worked on these last week. I used the angelus preparer on the midsole, then dyed it back with angelus black dye and then did 3 light coats of black angelus paint. Finally, I used the matte finish. My questions is - they came out more glossy than I would prefer. Can anyone suggest any products I can use to dull it down a bit? Thanks in advance.

Question for anyone who can help out. I worked on these last week. I used the angelus preparer on the midsole, then dyed it back with angelus black dye and then did 3 light coats of black angelus paint. Finally, I used the matte finish. My questions is - they came out more glossy than I would prefer. Can anyone suggest any products I can use to dull it down a bit? Thanks in advance.

Angelus duller.. Mix it with your matte finisher..5% mix only..and test it put first.

A little update on the OG 1995 Concords.

Before:

After:

And this is the part where I shed a tear. The shoes were looking amazing in extremely good condition. I thought maybe I would hit it with one last salon care session. Then this happened as I was peeling off the saran wrap:

FML.
mean.gif
frown.gif

Last edited:
Can someone please help me out or tell me what I am doing wrong, I have applied Rit to my 2000 concords 4 times, each application 24 hours apart. My method is the same as in the video:

1. Take tooth brush and damp mesh with hot water.

2. Take tooth brush and scrub with hot water and soap.

3. Take tooth brush and scrub with Rit.

4. Wait 24 hours and repeat

Here is what they look like, they look the same as I started. :rolleyes .....Maybe I am putting to much, too little, I really don't know.

Can someone please help me out or tell me what I am doing wrong, I have applied Rit to my 2000 concords 4 times, each application 24 hours apart. My method is the same as in the video:

Here is what they look like, they look the same as I started.
eyes.gif
.....Maybe I am putting to much, too little, I really don't know.
I'm actually having a similar issue on my 2000 concords. Mesh was brown, did a few RIT sessions and it was working, then it's now almost white, but still minorly yellow and it won't change anymore. It's been practically the same the past two sessions. My 1996 pair turned from yellow/brown to clear white though.

I personally skip step 1 and do 2-4 and wait about 16hours or so between each sessions. 12-24 hours between sessions should be enough imo.

You're following the correct protocol, so idk why it's not working. Maybe it's to much dilution from water/soap? Maybe need more or less RIT?

Last edited:

Here is what they look like, they look the same as I started. :rolleyes .....Maybe I am putting to much, too little, I really don't know.

I'm actually having a similar issue on my 2000 concords. Mesh was brown, did a few RIT sessions and it was working, then it's now almost white, but still minorly yellow and it won't change anymore. It's been practically the same the past two sessions. My 1996 pair turned from yellow/brown to clear white though.

I personally skip step 1 and do 2-4 and wait about 16hours or so between each sessions. 12-24 hours between sessions should be enough imo.

You're following the correct protocol, so idk why it's not working. Maybe it's to much dilution from water/soap? Maybe need more or less RIT?

Yeah mine is this cream color throughout and I can't get it white at all, after 10 sessions, I am just going to call it quits, is there any other option? Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it's a pretty simple process.......I think i will skip step 1 and use way less soap/water, and more RIT.

I've tried barkeepers friend few years back and pretty much similar results

Last edited:

Anyone got a solution. The white little plastic was torn off in a couple of areas. Tryed to paint over it but doesnt match. Wanted to paint the whole toes but i knew it would be to white compared to the rest. Any solutions. Please help

And this is the part where I shed a tear. The shoes were looking amazing in extremely good condition. I thought maybe I would hit it with one last salon care session. Then this happened as I was peeling off the saran wrap:

FML.
mean.gif
frown.gif

Ouch. That hurt me just looking at it.

Judging from this thread, Concords get that work very easily.

Nail Polish remover does work for light scuffs, but does nothing for heavy scuffs it seem

Back
Top Bottom