:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Ok so one of my boys friends said he was "pro" and restores kicks so i gave him my lows and picked em up the next day. Terrible.. One shoe was nice and the other had glue everywhere. Does anyone know how to remove this or should I take this to a shoe repair shop?

Goo gone will take of that excess. You can likely rub most of it off with a little pressure from your thumb.

I've been restoring kicks for a while. But I'm swapping a paid of 89 black cement 4s. The uppers are so fragile. I was debating on removing the durabuck, but it's not to bad. My problem is I dont want to damage them more during the re gluing process. What can I use to condition them? And whats the best way to clamp sensitive kicks?
Thanks

I just picked up a pair of Chicago 10's & Old Royal 10's for dirt cheap that are in great condition. Only thing is they have a mildewy scent due to them being stored in a basement. What could I use to deodorize them and get rid of that smell?

Last edited:
i did a couple swaps but im having trouble with 1 thing in particular. does anyone know how to get the old glue off the donor sole aswell as the glue on the upper of the shoe you are revitalizing ? i want to get all the old manufacturer glue off the donor and the upper so i can put new glue on so they really stick together. any tips?? sometimes when i cant get it off it cakes up with the new glue and just does not stick. then its a B*itch to strip all the glue off and then you need to buy a new donor midsole. some said grip tape others say acetone. but what has helped you all?

Last edited:

Just got this in to clean up my burgundy Vs, anyone have experience with this or any other methods of successfully and safely cleaning suede shoes?

Just got this in to clean up my burgundy Vs, anyone have experience with this or any other methods of successfully and safely cleaning suede shoes?

Is that an eraser under the brush? If so, I use the FTL eraser and brush on all my suede and nubuck shoes. Works like a charm.

My only concern is the bristles on that brush look too rough. Here is the brush I use no sharp points or bristles.

Yeah that's the eraser. I'll keep the bristles in mind. I remember when I worked at foot locker I used to sell those brush kits you pictured... 12 years ago lol

Any one know a good way to clean the Nike Roshe Run Flyknits? I started to clean the Red ones, a small stitch started to get loose so I cut it off  with a scissor. Since the shoe is basically made up of stitching, I guess using the Jason Markk brush is out of the question besides the midsole. Spot clean and place them in the bag in the washer (reshoevn8) would be the choice to go? 

Any one know a good way to clean the Nike Roshe Run Flyknits? I started to clean the Red ones, a small stitch started to get loose so I cut it off  with a scissor. Since the shoe is basically made up of stitching, I guess using the Jason Markk brush is out of the question besides the midsole. Spot clean and place them in the bag in the washer (reshoevn8) would be the choice to go? 
dudes put their flyknits in a pillow case when throwing them in the wash...be sure to remove the laces and insole though

i havent tossed them in the washer, but i take the words of those in the flyknit thread

Back
Top Bottom