:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I just pulled out my 01s from the box haven't worn them in at least over a year and I came across this, any tips on how to restore the ashy leather?

Just tried cleaning them with Jason markk and no change, I just saw cpr leather restore in the previous page might try that out.

Especially with how it looks like it's on the mesh as well. Personally, I would scrub the entire shoe down with warm water and Jason Markk, using the premium brush. Don't use hot hot water size is black that could cause some serious color loss and bleeding. If that doesn't help the leather, then hit it with some conditioner after they dry. It looks like you have your shoes stored poorly. Might wanna check your other items stored in the same area.

Appreciate that. What do u think is best to use with it, a toothbrush? I have the premium brush from Jason markk, do u think that would be better? Is it in stores anywhere?
The premium brush should be fine as long as its bristles aren't too hard.

Any tips to restore these?

^^ what is the small pink spot on the tongue? I can't get it off.

How to clear air bubbles?

Last edited:

Strip the midsole and paint it over again. Angelus paint is your best friend. (Flat black, flat white, and maybe either red or varsity red. For which ever red you buy, mix it with your black paint to get it darker or your white paint to make it lighter until you get an exact match for the original midsole color.)

Use Lincoln EZ cleaner for your dirty suede spots and invest in a good red dye.

For the tongue, its 3M. Its scratched and there's no fix for it other than covering it up. You can try mixing some grey paint but just remember it will not shine with the rest of the 3M material.

For air bubbles a lot of people seem to have problems cleaning them, but all I do is use soap + water and a toothbrush, scrub, and rinse and their good for a long while. (Experience from my 2013 grape 5's before I sold them).

Try shoe trees to get your toebox creases out, it won't be perfect but it will help. IKEA has some good wooden ones.

Lastly for the yellowed soles, use 40 volume creme developer (white bottle with pink letters and cap) from Sally's. Tape your midsoles in case the creme runs. Apply with a toothbrush until you cover the whole bottom, then wrap it with the clear wrap you put on food and put it outside for an hour. Make sure you put in a bag with ice because it could get to hot and your sole might separate. You can add some oxiclean with the creme for better results.

Sorry it's not the most detailed lol, on mobile rn.

Last edited:
Strip the midsole and paint it over again. Angelus paint is your best friend. (Flat black, flat white, and maybe either red or varsity red. For which ever red you buy, mix it with your black paint to get it darker or your white paint to make it lighter until you get an exact match for the original midsole color.)

For the tongue, its 3M. Its scratched and there's no fix for it other than covering it up. You can try mixing some grey paint but just remember it will not shine with the rest of the 3M material.

For air bubbles a lot of people seem to have problems cleaning them, but all I do is use soap + water and a toothbrush, scrub, and rinse and their good for a long while. (Experience from my 2013 grape 5's before I sold them).

Try shoe trees to get your toebox creases out, it won't be perfect but it will help. IKEA has some good wooden ones.

Lastly for the yellowed soles, use 40 volume creme developer (white bottle with pink letters and cap) from Sally's. Tape your midsoles in case the creme runs. Apply with a toothbrush until you cover the whole bottom, then wrap it with the clear wrap you put on food and put it outside for an hour. Make sure you put in a bag with ice because it could get to hot and your sole might separate. You can add some oxiclean with the creme for better results.

Thanks for the response, repped. 

Thanks for the response, repped. 
Do not use varsity red. Already tried that shade on my Raging Bulls, and it was darker than the factory paint. Maybe Red or Fire Red will do the trick. Also, I used regular white and that shade was a tad lighter/brighter than the factory white. Thought about stripping the pain and redoing it all over. But I don't think I'd be able to replicate the same lines. Used Angelus Paint.

Do not use varsity red. Already tried that shade on my Raging Bulls, and it was darker than the factory paint. Maybe Red or Fire Red will do the trick. Also, I used regular white and that shade was a tad lighter/brighter than the factory white. Thought about stripping the pain and redoing it all over. But I don't think I'd be able to replicate the same lines. Used Angelus Paint.

So which white should I use?

Great tips.

As for the air bubbles, if you try cleaning them but they're fogged. Hit them with a blow dryer on hot. Clears em right up.

Any advice on restoring the neoprene on some Zoom Flight 98s (Gloves)? My black/whites are getting a little nappy on me.

Sweater/Lint shaver maybe?

So I picked up these 2001 Japans for $170.

Got them yesterday and found this.....

Am I being too picky or is it a big enough deal to return them? Seems like it's just the edging that is coming free and nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom