:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Those have been beat to oblivion.
Brings me to question how one would go about reshaping the form of a shoe?

Those have been beat to oblivion.
Brings me to question how one would go about reshaping the form of a shoe?

I use these shoe inserts. Then I wet the shoe inside out so it drys to the shape the inserts make it.

Others use the rag and iron method, but that tends to ruin the shoes after a few uses.

just going to dump these pics real quick.

my second and third restoration of midsoles.

Black cements were cracked at the back of the heel and near where the black part finishes, did not remove the black paint as there were no cracks in it. Cool grey's were obviously starting to crack and the bottom half of the white paint was yellowed due to age. Now both are feeling new life with the new coats of white. The flakes of paint you see on the cool greys is from when I was removing the paint, I am yet to clean that up, which should be easy.

2011 Black Cement 3:

2004 Cool Grey 4:

Can anyone help with a de-creasing question. I have a pair of 04 Flint 13s and I tried the method of ironing them with a damp cloth between with little result. Is there any other way to help with that? And also does anybody have any idea how to get rid of the purplish look around the white portion near the bottom of the shoe?

Can anyone help with a de-creasing question. I have a pair of 04 Flint 13s and I tried the method of ironing them with a damp cloth between with little result. Is there any other way to help with that? And also does anybody have any idea how to get rid of the purplish look around the white portion near the bottom of the shoe?
The purple your talking about is the glue. You might be able to remove it with one of those shoe erasers that you buy from footlocker that comes inside the suede brush.

-beh235, you can either remove the soles and reglue or just glue the areas where the separation has occurred. If the soles are solid, just do the gluing in the areas only. I did this approach on my snakeskins and haven't had issues since. If the spot glue job doesn't hold, then do the midsole reglue.

Thanks for that advice. Yeah, on both of my '00 concords and SJ, the seperation is in small spots. I don't see the use in seperating the entire midsole/outsole just for those small spots.

Glockwork, them joints are fire. I like the blend. How in the hell do you create the speckle effect? I'm intrigued by that and I might want to try it one day.

Trying to fix the PATENT LEATHER on a pair of XI's, got them cheap. Just need a way of painting the patent leather in a section, and partially blending it so it doesnt look so horrendous. Ive seen some cosplay sites talk about painting patent leather with pourous paint after its wet sanded. Any opinions?

Trying to fix the PATENT LEATHER on a pair of XI's, got them cheap. Just need a way of painting the patent leather in a section, and partially blending it so it doesnt look so horrendous. Ive seen some cosplay sites talk about painting patent leather with pourous paint after its wet sanded. Any opinions?

This is not a legitimate solution to your question

I used regular marker on my 01 Breds. Shrug.

Yeah but one that's actually black and not ink purple. I figured that since it was only a little spot, there was no reason to do anything crazy. I bought a marker at the corner store and did a light dot on it. I completely forgot I did that until I saw the pic.

Just finished these fire red 3s. Not real pleased with the results. This is my 3rd full midsole repaint on a pair of 3s. I need to work on getting crisper lines and reducing the visibility of paint lines.

^^^ did you use any masking tape.

helps get crisper lines bro, as for paint lines, mine had it too, the only way i can think of getting that smooth look would be to spray the paint on or use spray paint in general.

^^^ did you use any masking tape.
helps get crisper lines bro, as for paint lines, mine had it too, the only way i can think of getting that smooth look would be to spray the paint on or use spray paint in general.
Yea. I guess I just didn't do a good enough job. I went back and cleaned up some of the spots. The guy I did them for was happy so that's all that matters to me.

Back
Top Bottom