:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Alright this is the project I was speaking on earlier.

These are my very first adult sized jordan. 2002 charcoal 7, they have a lot of sentimental value to me and I hate them just fading away in my closet.

They have nubuck tears, the sole is completely gone, the right shoe's jumpman is burned, the toe cap is separated and it ripped some nubuck in the process, and they have lost a lot of color.

This will be a difficult project, and I don't know if I can do it. I tried once before. I guess we will see when we see.

The following pics are of the mid sole of my og 11s. Idfk what happened in the second picture but i wanna fix it if possible. Are there any materials i can buy to fix the midsole of am i gonna have to just angelus paint over it as is?

Anything I can do BESIDES a complete midsole swap?

Anyone know of good videos or techniques of using (powdered) RIT to clean the mesh on AJ 11's? 

Last edited:
quick question about painting with angelus does it dry a shade darker/lighter or the same as when wet????

Couldn't find a review of the Mint cleaner from Footlocker so I'll just post here.

The shoes to be cleaned. Not too dirty but just enough around the toe area to be annoying.

So I picked up the Mint cleaner from Footlocker because this one guy swore on his first born about how great it is. Got a nice white rag and soft brush to help with the cleaning.

Sprayed just enough foam to cover a small area at a time. I follow led it promptly with some light brushing and the finish it off with the rag.

End result? Not bad. There is a small tough stain (possibly coffee) on the right shoe that I couldn't get off. Might have to leave it and try to dye it later.

Last edited:
Any tips for removing insoles ? Sounds simple but somebody went extra hard on the glue gun on my True Blues. Going to try the Spenco insoles to see if that will prevent the midsoles cracking

Air Jordan 1995 Concord 11's Restoration: I did a MAJOR make over for this particular pair. As you can clearly see, the icy sole was no longer icy and the mesh has been yellowed. ** I whitened the upper mesh and laces, deep cleaned the insoles and sock liner, unyellowed the bottom soles, reglued the soles back to the midsoles, reshined the patent leather, and redyed the jumpman black

nice work. any tips on how you deep cleaned the insoles and sock liner?

blue painters tape, apply a small amount of your choice sneaker cement with a brush, apply pressure between the glue and the shoe, and then proceed to tape, long about half n inch wide pieces of blue painters tape to keep pressure on the toe, thats how I was shown, anyone have better ways, please share....

i stuffed my XIs with socks then god some clamps and clamped the toe on the toe and the other end inside the shoes (take the laces out) and also hair elastics will work but get creative with stuff around the house.

Thanks, just noticed this the other day

Hey whats up everyone, my friend borrowed my Thunder 4s and when I got them back the next day they had MAJOR paint chipping and creasings. Does anyone know what type of paint/ what shade of yellow he could use to fix them and how to get the creasings around.

How can i go about restoring the upper on these. Its cloudy and i want it to look dark again. Thanks.

Dont know if this is the right/correct place to ask, so I apologize in advance. But, I was wondering if someone could advise me on where to purchase a good sneaker paint kit from?

Dont know if this is the right/correct place to ask, so I apologize in advance. But, I was wondering if someone could advise me on where to purchase a good sneaker paint kit from?

Here are the paints you should be using. All colors, pick any sizes you need. This site is very reliable.

http://turtlefeathers.net/text/angelus/paint.html

And here is your basic starter kit, it holds 1 ounce bottles of each set of paint

Amazon product ASIN B00A4FL7NK

1 ounce bottles go a long way, I could paint 10 different shoes with one bottle. You don't need to buy a bunch of 4 ounce bottles. And the 1 ounce bottles come with a brush.

Normally, paint dried couple shades darker. but some paints drys lighter

Yes, Angelus does dry about a shade darker than when you're looking at it in the bottle. Sorry I haven't been updating but it seems @johnandrew13 is keeping you all entertained! BTW nice job on the cool grey 3's, the grey looks spot on when most people just use dark grey out of the bottle (which isn't correct).

Back
Top Bottom