:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

It's safe on the leather?!
Yes. Its like any adhesive. But, don't leave it on too long. Monitor it. If there is residue from the tape, it's nothing a damp rag can't help fix. As with anything you are doing for the first time in terms of repairing shoes, go slow. 

You think blue painters tape will hold and do the job? I have some of that in my garage. I didn't even think of using tape!

Gonna start my first repair guys hopefully you guys can help me. My first project is gonna be the 25th anniversary 4s all white I will post the pictures later tonight as I don't even know where or how to start nonetheless what to buy and where to buy it. I trust you fam see you in a few hours

You think blue painters tape will hold and do the job? I have some of that in my garage. I didn't even think of using tape!
just put some paper or something to cover the leather so the tape isnt directly touching the leather and only the sole, yeah good thinking on the tape though!

Gonna start my first repair guys hopefully you guys can help me. My first project is gonna be the 25th anniversary 4s all white I will post the pictures later tonight as I don't even know where or how to start nonetheless what to buy and where to buy it. I trust you fam see you in a few hours
PM me and i can guide you as to where to go

just put some paper or something to cover the leather so the tape isnt directly touching the leather and only the sole, yeah good thinking on the tape though!

But if I do this then the tape won't have a solid surface to hold onto and the bond won't hold... right?

But if I do this then the tape won't have a solid surface to hold onto and the bond won't hold... right?
I think he meant put the painters tape first, then gorilla tape over it. The painters tape is less harsh on the surface, but the gorilla tape over the painter's tape should be fine. 

But won't the tape only be as strong as it's weakest point? Meaning putting gorilla take on top of blue tape, will it really accomplish anymore?

So I got this pair of cool Greys like months ago for $40 bucks but the left shoe didn't have a midsole. I have the OG sole though. Thanks to a NTer I got a donor pair of 11s for cheap but I need to know what's the best glue to use on a midsole? I've used barge cement before but it doesn't hold as good on the midsole as it does on outsoles. I prefer if I can buy it locally like at Home Depot

So I got this pair of cool Greys like months ago for $40 bucks but the left shoe didn't have a midsole. I have the OG sole though. Thanks to a NTer I got a donor pair of 11s for cheap but I need to know what's the best glue to use on a midsole? I've used barge cement before but it doesn't hold as good on the midsole as it does on outsoles. I prefer if I can buy it locally like at Home Depot
E6000 works great

ive been wondering if you guys have any tips on the care of durabuck? (besides cleaning dust with microfiber and not getting it wet)

cause as we know it eventually likes to crack and chip and at that point theres not much you can do about it. but for kicks that are showing early warning signs, is there anything that can be done to prevent it? or is there anything out there that will preserve it as long as possible?

most of my favorite vintage kicks have this type of material. ive tried using a few types of oil on some test shoes and it seemed to help, but id like to hear what you all have tried and done about it. =)

-Try

Does anyone know how to deal with this?? Bought em off eBay and the guy never mentioned them, so I want them gone! Please help!

Before I pursuit any further, I figure to bring this up for open discussion. I sent two pair of shoes 2001 Space Jams 11 and 2001 Columbia 11's back in nov 2012 to a popular nt member to restore. The fellow nt member told me it would take a month to complete. After several corresponding emails, the it took a lot longer to complete because they were working and going through several "life" events. I umderstood and gave him no slack about the time. I just wanted it done right. By the time he was done, it was 6-7 months later and he could only restore one shoe. I gave me a price to ship my shoes back, but at that time my wife lost her job and I was transferring to another job. I told him let me get back on my feet and I would pay him thinking he would understand since I gave him the same courtesy. I actually forgot until I was organizing my closet a few weeks ago and I sent him an email. It took about 2 weeks for a reply.....but this is the reply I received below......

Sorry but I no longer have the shoes anymore. They have been sitting in storage  and have been donated. I haven't heard from you since the last time we have talked back in May of last year. 

After the shoes were finished, you have told me you werent financially ready to pay and I understood. I reminded you again after a month and you said you had bills to pay. I haven't heard from you since. It is not my duty to hold shoes to pay for customers. I understand that I had yours for a while, it's because of the extra labor of your reglue attempt that struck me by surprise. It was incredibly difficult to remove. I have no intentions of stealing of scamming you. I had your shoes ready to be shipped out after all. 

Though it is unfortunate that it had to come to this, I still do restorations and have ventured further than sole clearing and reglues. If you'd wish, I can still perform these services for you and finish promptly. Thank you.

E6000 works much better than barge cement. I thought the opposite until my barged pairs separated again. The e6000 just takes longer to set, strongly suggest using clamps or shoe strings and let it sit for a day or two

Before I pursuit any further, I figure to bring this up for open discussion. I sent two pair of shoes 2001 Space Jams 11 and 2001 Columbia 11's back in nov 2012 to a popular nt member to restore. The fellow nt member told me it would take a month to complete. After several corresponding emails, the it took a lot longer to complete because they were working and going through several "life" events. I umderstood and gave him no slack about the time. I just wanted it done right. By the time he was done, it was 6-7 months later and he could only restore one shoe. I gave me a price to ship my shoes back, but at that time my wife lost her job and I was transferring to another job. I told him let me get back on my feet and I would pay him thinking he would understand since I gave him the same courtesy. I actually forgot until I was organizing my closet a few weeks ago and I sent him an email. It took about 2 weeks for a reply.....but this is the reply I received below......

Sorry but I no longer have the shoes anymore. They have been sitting in storage  and have been donated. I haven't heard from you since the last time we have talked back in May of last year. 

After the shoes were finished, you have told me you werent financially ready to pay and I understood. I reminded you again after a month and you said you had bills to pay. I haven't heard from you since. It is not my duty to hold shoes to pay for customers. I understand that I had yours for a while, it's because of the extra labor of your reglue attempt that struck me by surprise. It was incredibly difficult to remove. I have no intentions of stealing of scamming you. I had your shoes ready to be shipped out after all. 

Though it is unfortunate that it had to come to this, I still do restorations and have ventured further than sole clearing and reglues. If you'd wish, I can still perform these services for you and finish promptly. Thank you.

Wow..... just wow

That's BS man :smh: :smh:. Kinda sounds to me like he either sold them or still has them. If they were just sitting in storage anyway, what's the reason to donate them?

I actually need my '99 White/Cement IVs sole swapped. I was gonna have an NT member do them last spring but I drug my feet and never got around to getting a donor pair. Dude who was going to do them seemed legit but looks like I'll have to take some extra precautions this time around.

Last edited:

Timid

Yeah. I thought it was funny. And he said to use his services again. No way! He did others on this forum shoes so I knew he was legit....but bad business all around. JohnAndrews.....I need my shoes buddy! We're talking big bucks those shoes were worth.

Those are clearly scuff marks
Unless I'm an idiot, which is entirely possible

Back
Top Bottom