:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

why ? Dont most people mix it with their retrobrite?
I stopped and got better results after stopping. oxiclean causes damage to the midsoles and anything else with paint, and causes your clear soles to fog up sort of.

does it work as well as "repell well" (i think thats the name). I want to do that on a few of my kicks as well. I have the lights extremely far away from my shoes and the midsole between the air unit and shark teeth (retro 5) is starting to separate slowly..feels bad man

ive never used anything but the foot locker stuff.
i used to work there when i started my shoe career back in 2002 and i used to sample it and sell to customers left n right. it works wonders

I stopped and got better results after stopping. oxiclean causes damage to the midsoles and anything else with paint, and causes your clear soles to fog up sort of.
thanks for the heads up. Going to start trying it without the oxiclean

Got a question for you customs/paint heads. I painted the tongue on a pair of my Flyknit Trainers and got some of it where I didn't want. Is there any way to remove it? Here are a few pics (click to enlarge).

The only one I'm really worried about is the plastic Flyknit patch at the top of the tongue. The 2 "tongue tabs" (not sure what they're called :lol:) are very minor and are only visible from up close. I'd still like to clean those up if possible though. Would a Q-Tip with rubbing alcohol do the trick?

It took 4 coats to do these, and all of these mistakes happened on the final coat :smh: :smh:.

Last edited:
Random question... Been buying jordans for a while.. Pretty much all the same size imma 10... I was thinking about purchasing a pair of 5s but there size 11 was wondering wat the siZe differance would b like

Random question... Been buying jordans for a while.. Pretty much all the same size imma 10... I was thinking about purchasing a pair of 5s but there size 11 was wondering wat the siZe differance would b like
Like an inch more room for your toes lol I have only ONE pair size 11 and all I do is wear sneaker shields. It fills up the space nicely so they fit me good

Thanx man i was wondering if if b able to do something like put one of those dr scholls type things in if that would help.... With all being said I might as well try n get them pol

I have been using Seaglow for a long time on my yellowing soles.  Here is my best advice.  Use a cotton ball to apply, after first application use a rough type of pad like a green scouring pad or the rough part like on the back of a sponge and rub it in with that. Then do one more application of seaglow.

Place near a window where the sunlight is very strong.  Make sure no seaglow has dripped over the sole.  Then use plasitic wrap and put a layer over it.

(I have found that this prevents the seaglow from drying on the sole).

Like an inch more room for your toes lol I have only ONE pair size 11 and all I do is wear sneaker shields. It fills up the space nicely so they fit me good
size 10 to 11 is a big jump, 10.5 with force fields would be alright, 11 is still gonna be big.. my advice to you is find the same shoe in a 10-10.5, especially if it's a release from 2012-2014, it's out there for a good price.

Yea decided was to big of a jump n plus I just discovered a new shoe store in my area that has them my size same price

is it possible to sole swap some Uptempo 97's? NT'er sold me a pair on ebay and pretty much didn't tell me about the sole separation and cracked airbags.

Uppers are phenomenal but yellowed sole & airbag has me steamed.

is it possible to sole swap some Uptempo 97's? NT'er sold me a pair on ebay and pretty much didn't tell me about the sole separation and cracked airbags.

Uppers are phenomenal but yellowed sole & airbag has me steamed.
well if pictures and description didn't show it, file a claim. you'd expect a NT'er to be honest with one another..

I'm about there... dude tags NT in his pics but when I tell him to PM me his email address to send him the pics of what he "overlooked" he's all "I don't get on there much anymore". Now I have to upload them to my MacBook and send them via eBays site.

pain in the asphalt. you'd think we'd look out for each other but nooooo.

wow, ar.se is censored? bloody hell.

Last edited:
stick stick I would probably go with the rubbing alcohol as long as it's not a high concentration because you have to be very careful, and slow to not get the green off as well. At least that's the best thing i can think of. But you painted over the green layer so there should be two layers of paint so that you can get the black off. Not like it mixed or etc. just my theory/random late night thoughts. :lol:

stick stick I would probably go with the rubbing alcohol as long as it's not a high concentration because you have to be very careful, and slow to not get the green off as well. At least that's the best thing i can think of. But you painted over the green layer so there should be two layers of paint so that you can get the black off. Not like it mixed or etc. just my theory/random late night thoughts. :lol:
Rubbing alcohol on a qtip did the truck for the plastic patch at the top of the tongue. No luck with the little tabs though. It's virtually unnoticeable with the laces in anyway. Thanks for the help :smokin

What should I do to fix this? No not the sole separation in the front but the patent leather. the dull side doesn't even have that glossy smooth feeling anymore. They used to be perfect till i left them at a "Friends house". He avoided me and I finally get them back like this... Anyway to fix this?

EDIT: He told me he scuffed them so he tried to "fix" them. Refused to tell me what he did. He just kept saying use alcohol and itll come off. Which it didn't.

Last edited:
 What should I do to fix this? No not the soel separation in the front but the patent leather. They used to be perfect till i left them at a "Friends house". He avoided me and I finally get them back like this... Anyway to fix this?
is the patent leather scratched?

Try alcohol with a q tip. That sucks. That's why I never let people borrow my shoes :lol: I never understood that btw

Try alcohol with a q tip. That sucks. That's why I never let people borrow my shoes :lol: I never understood that btw
j
I tried with no luck sadly. I didn't let him borrow them. I left them there and I guess he wore them or did something to them. I don't let anyone use my shoes.
Anyways someone said to spray gloss? I don't know if that would be a good idea...

Back
Top Bottom