:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by karxken

can i use a magic eraser to get out a excess glue on the suede of XVII CDP and not messed it up??
LOL. magic eraser on glue. haha no you cant. thats like trying to use a pencil eraser to erase permanent marker mark.

Originally Posted by RIPCITY32

thanks for the info, part II then, i been storing all my jays in zip lock bags with silica packs. if i was to store them somewhere else, not in my closet then should i take the III, IV,V,VIs out of the zip lockz and silica and leave them just in their boxes? if so what others do you need to do that with? do they still keep in good condition just in their boxes? thanks
yeah ziplocks are really used for to keep clear soles from yellowing. i dont know where people got putting shoes that dont yellow in ziplock bags.its useless and a waste of ziplock bags. leaving them in the shoebox alone should be fine.

actually iwas talking about the the suede eraser & brush that FL sells..will that work on excess glue on suede??

hey i got sum dried mud right on the box toe on my flip 3s how do i go about cleaning it? i'm not really sure wut the material is. sorry no pics right nowi dont have a camera.

yeah i dunno just heard to do it, i'll save a hell of a lotta zips! could i still put them in the closet not bagged and silica packed or would the moisturefrom the shower get to em then?

after wearing a shoe for a few wears what are the positives and negatives of stuffing it with newspaper because I probably wont be wearing the shoe for quietsometime.

Originally Posted by blue23jordan

how do you do a sole swap on xi's?
ohwell.gif

my CDP IVs are cracking!!

i only wear them once a week, and when i do,its probably for about 3-5 hours max.

what can i do to seal, repair and/ or prevent further cracking!?

please help!

i have the cdp hares and they have dirt on them because some little kid stepped on them
anyone know how to take the dirt off without ruining the material of the hares?
3781644521025b054b5ccd7a0f674180667d46e5.pjpg

Originally Posted by FPSee

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

when doing a soleswap like this http://niketalk.com/topic/107581http://niketalk.com/topic/107581http://niketalk.com/topic/107581

do you only take the clear sole off? or the sole+white midsole?

a friend gave me his space jams and his clear soles fell off, I'm trying to see what I can do.

thanks in advance.
clear sole.
first and foremost thank you for your time an effort
happy.gif

secondly, You think I can replace it up to the midsole?
reason I ask is because the glue is dried and yellowed there (under where the clear sole is). I tried my best to sand it but it did close to nothing
ohwell.gif

when doing a soleswap like this http://niketalk.com/topic/107581http://niketalk.com/topic/107581http://niketalk.com/topic/107581http://niketalk.com/topic/107581

do you only take the clear sole off? or the sole+white midsole?

a friend gave me his space jams and his clear soles fell off, I'm trying to see what I can do.

thanks in advance.
clear sole.
first and foremost thank you for your time an effort
happy.gif

secondly, You think I can replace it up to the midsole?
reason I ask is because the glue is dried and yellowed there (under where the clear sole is). I tried my best to sand it but it did close to nothing
ohwell.gif
no problem.
happy.gif

if you would try to remove the midsole it would be a !@+%$ to remove it without damaging the shoe. i forgot if the midsole is glued or stitched to the shoe buteither way it would be really hard to melt the glue or unstitching the stitches.
Originally Posted by enrique23

i have the cdp hares and they have dirt on them because some little kid stepped on them
suede/nubuck eraser

Originally Posted by kmn2008

i only wear them once a week, and when i do,its probably for about 3-5 hours max.

please help!
sealing is useless. it'll crack in different areas.

if you want to prevent cracking, dont wear it.

Originally Posted by blue23jordan

how do you do a sole swap on xi's?

seperate the clear sole from the shoe by putting it under the sun causing it to melt the glue then when putting the clear sole on another glue back the shoewith shoe goo.

Originally Posted by xbiker47

after wearing a shoe for a few wears what are the positives and negatives of stuffing it with newspaper because I probably wont be wearing the shoe for quiet sometime.

postive: while wearing it wont look creased.
negativeS: will stretch the leather making the toebox loose.it wont decrease the creasing at all.

Originally Posted by RIPCITY32

yeah i dunno just heard to do it, i'll save a hell of a lotta zips! could i still put them in the closet not bagged and silica packed or would the moisture from the shower get to em then?

no you should be fine.

Originally Posted by enigma586

hey i got sum dried mud right on the box toe on my flip 3s how do i go about cleaning it? i'm not really sure wut the material is. sorry no pics right now i dont have a camera.
magic eraser or suede and nubuck eraser.

Originally Posted by karxken

actually iwas talking about the the suede eraser & brush that FL sells..will that work on excess glue on suede??

but didnt you say "magic eraser"? i havent used the eraser on excess glue because its pointless. so i wouldnt know

please help!

foreal? so all 3s and 4s are bound to eventually crack?

if thats the case, shouldnt they at least last for more than a few months?

There must be something i can do or not do to atleast prevent cracking besides not wearing them because i see lots of J's with no crackin in the WDYWTthreads.

please help!

There must be something i can do or not do to atleast prevent cracking besides not wearing them because i see lots of J's with no crackin in the WDYWT threads.
yeah pretty much. the midsoles of the IIIs and IVs are made of foam. if the foam loses any moisture it'll crack eventually because of thepressure you are putting upon it. so it wont be as flexible as it once was when it had moisture.

but it all just depends on how you wear your shoe and where its stored.. but eventually it'll crack overtime after numerous wears. that's how !%#!!!the products are becoming.
ohwell.gif

usually the shoes you see on WDYWT's are usually rotated and worn once inawhile, or maybe the person has 2 pairs. like i said they'll eventually crackafter numerous wears.

my advice would be just to keep them in a cool place and away from any type of heat or sun exposure (i.e closet). and when you wear them try to avoid any harshmovement on your feet that'll stress the foam. and you should be fine.

I couldn't read them all this may have been asked. I have a pair of XVI Cherrywood DS but the front left toe is separating from the sole and sets a littlehigh. what can I do to fix it what glue product should I buy? thanks.

suede/nubuck eraser
where can i buy the suede/nubuck eraser? and is that wat it is called in stores?

Quick question just bought some 11s and the soles are kind of yellowed. When using sea glow can any light be substituted for sunlight? such as a lamp. The sunisn't out very long now and when it is its not really sunny.

i just got some flint 13s and the pods are kinda yellowed. Is there anyway i can get rid of this or do i need to paint them?

please help!

There must be something i can do or not do to atleast prevent cracking besides not wearing them because i see lots of J's with no crackin in the WDYWT threads.
yeah pretty much. the midsoles of the IIIs and IVs are made of foam. if the foam loses any moisture it'll crack eventually because of the pressure you are putting upon it. so it wont be as flexible as it once was when it had moisture.

but it all just depends on how you wear your shoe and where its stored.. but eventually it'll crack overtime after numerous wears. that's how !%#!!! the products are becoming.
ohwell.gif

usually the shoes you see on WDYWT's are usually rotated and worn once inawhile, or maybe the person has 2 pairs. like i said they'll eventually crack after numerous wears.

my advice would be just to keep them in a cool place and away from any type of heat or sun exposure (i.e closet). and when you wear them try to avoid any harsh movement on your feet that'll stress the foam. and you should be fine.
So is cracking just a problem as far as looks go? Or can the whole shoe eventually fall apart (IE whole sole coming off/crumbling) like some ofthe shoes in the restoration forums?

yeah pretty much. the midsoles of the IIIs and IVs are made of foam. if the foam loses any moisture it'll crack eventually because of the pressure you are putting upon it. so it wont be as flexible as it once was when it had moisture.

but it all just depends on how you wear your shoe and where its stored.. but eventually it'll crack overtime after numerous wears. that's how !%#!!! the products are becoming.
ohwell.gif

usually the shoes you see on WDYWT's are usually rotated and worn once inawhile, or maybe the person has 2 pairs. like i said they'll eventually crack after numerous wears.

my advice would be just to keep them in a cool place and away from any type of heat or sun exposure (i.e closet). and when you wear them try to avoid any harsh movement on your feet that'll stress the foam. and you should be fine.
So is cracking just a problem as far as looks go? Or can the whole shoe eventually fall apart (IE whole sole coming off/crumbling) like some of the shoes in the restoration forums?

cracking would only be the problem. yeah, i seen some shoes actually falling apart, like midsole off the whole entire shoe. there's some defects out there,but cracking is the most common problem for everybody

Originally Posted by thekoukimonster

i just got some flint 13s and the pods are kinda yellowed. Is there anyway i can get rid of this or do i need to paint them?
repaint.

Originally Posted by Mister Wiggy

Quick question just bought some 11s and the soles are kind of yellowed. When using sea glow can any light be substituted for sunlight? such as a lamp. The sun isn't out very long now and when it is its not really sunny.
no. the UV rays help the seaglow work its magic.

suede/nubuck eraser
where can i buy the suede/nubuck eraser? and is that wat it is called in stores?
any shoe store. thats what it is called.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

has anyone figured out how to stop the squeaking in the X's
baby powder?

Originally Posted by GMD

I couldn't read them all this may have been asked. I have a pair of XVI Cherrywood DS but the front left toe is separating from the sole and sets a little high. what can I do to fix it what glue product should I buy? thanks.

shoe goo

Originally Posted by CtotheJ78

i need help, should i sand these parts or get some kind of filler?

don't sand it. You can try those spray foam and spread it onto the midsole. but thats just an idea. a lot of people just leave it alone

Originally Posted by Murkn3m

were you can you find a suede/nubuck eraser

Any Shoe Store

When trying to do a sole swap, do i have to put sea glow on the sole and sit it in the sun to make it come loose? Or can i just sit it out in the sun withoutthe sea glow on the sole?

Back
Top Bottom