:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Copy and pasted this from my thread which got closed

Guess im having to rewrite this as it refreshed for some reason but im new to this forum, ive wanted to join for agggeeees but never got around to it until now. Basically id like a question answering that the people in thr facebooj groups arent answering too well. Id also likr to do an introduction of myself but camnot find wherr but anyway
Question: I'm a little OCD when it comes to second hand kicks and when I deep clean a shoe I literally spend half an hour doing the whole shoe, including something that im asking whether I should be doing or not which is literally getting the whole shoe wet, like submerged in water to rinse them out of the cleaning products. I've just done this to my bc3s and theyre still drying but can anything happen to anything on the shoe especially the leather as in will it be less tumbled or anything? Thank you very much to anyone who actually reads this all. Like will the lesther mr harder, dry up or be harder to tgr touch as on my othet nds pair you can touch gently and you will still be able to see the leather like changing if toi jnow what i mean

Copy and pasted this from my thread which got closed

Guess im having to rewrite this as it refreshed for some reason but im new to this forum, ive wanted to join for agggeeees but never got around to it until now. Basically id like a question answering that the people in thr facebooj groups arent answering too well. Id also likr to do an introduction of myself but camnot find wherr but anyway
Question: I'm a little OCD when it comes to second hand kicks and when I deep clean a shoe I literally spend half an hour doing the whole shoe, including something that im asking whether I should be doing or not which is literally getting the whole shoe wet, like submerged in water to rinse them out of the cleaning products. I've just done this to my bc3s and theyre still drying but can anything happen to anything on the shoe especially the leather as in will it be less tumbled or anything? Thank you very much to anyone who actually reads this all. Like will the lesther mr harder, dry up or be harder to tgr touch as on my othet nds pair you can touch gently and you will still be able to see the leather like changing if toi jnow what i mean
I do this sometimes, i haven't had a problem with any of my leather shoes. i don't think there's a texture difference on my ones that are tumbled

Last edited:

my friend is restoring these shoes, can he keep the outsole?  he says he will. i think he will need to swap it.
I'd say he will have to full swap, with it being either very thin or not even there in some areas it will not be enough material to be worth keeping
i said that he would have to, any idea what shoes he could use for it though? i'm not sure if the outsole paint will stay on or if the midsole will fit, since i'm guessing he'll have to use some generic nike shoe with the 3's midsole and outsole if he wants the nike logo. since he said he'd use a 5lab3, ,it sounds like he's stilll plannign to retian it. 

How do I remove this brown discoloration from the grey rubber? It looks like oxidation of the rubber. I tried soap and water, magic eraser, and wet wipes.

Any thoughts on what to do here? Pretty sure they're cooked but thought it'd be worth a try.

Any thoughts on what to do here? Pretty sure they're cooked but thought it'd be worth a try.
Ya u might be in trouble. Imnot sure how to clean that material, I thought I remember someone saying it was a pita

Ya u might be in trouble. Imnot sure how to clean that material, I thought I remember someone saying it was a pita
i remeber seeing this happen to some guy's lebron 8 south beaches, apparently his shoe sole sauce unyellowing project went awry, he melted the toebox and there was nothing he could do :frown: These are different material though

guys who do you recommend or what i should do to restore my 2000 space jam soles? they are yellow and want them back to less yellow haha

also is it possible to restore the netting on my grapes, those are a little yellow

Back
Top Bottom