:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Warning about a fraudster

Beware of a crook among us. Mark Jackson from Ebay corbs2424, also from Idaho and e-mail maclethal1010@yahoo.com. The guy was shopping CP 6 rings set a fewweeks ago, Ray Jumpman Pro set, etc. As he always seeems to do based on his reputation.. he sets up shop on ebay with a bunch of pairs that he middles for(hisboy in Japan), swindles a few people and goes back into hiding until the next time with new names. Well he's struck again but he won't be getting awaywith it this time, way too many people know about his thefts this time. He's even too scared to answer his phone to explain himself. 208-921-3441. His NTname was "Initforthegreen". Hey Marky.. stop shopping my Rip II set.

Originally Posted by bims92

Originally Posted by HWBurnz

I got some beat, and I mean BEAT Concords. The mesh is pretty yellow. So I just went out and bought some of the RIT and Bar Keepers Friend.

My plan is to do a comparison between the two, and see which one works best. I'll be sure to take before and after pictures.

That would help me a lot. I got some concords too.

By the way, does it have to be hot or does the sun just need to be out to use seaglow?
Well the Bar Keepers Friend worked pretty damn good on the one shoe.

Tomorrow or Monday or I'm going to use the RIT on the other shoe, and I should have pics up after that.

But for now, I cosign that Bar Keepers Friend will definitely whiten the mesh on XI's.

im doing a sole swap on some spacejams
1what glue is best,shoe goo or clear gorilla glue?
2any overall tips for gluing?

Originally Posted by cobrab19

you can use epoxy glue and i heard barge glue works.

For the Seaglow users or success stories out there, can you use a UV light instead of the sun to get your soles clear??
Sorry if it has been posted already, but I was just curious.

I've also got a SeaGlow question. I've had a few sunny days recently, but it's been EXTREMELY cold, like 10 or less. I don't need it to bewarm, right? I just need direct sun?

Originally Posted by OUChrisLitt

I've also got a SeaGlow question. I've had a few sunny days recently, but it's been EXTREMELY cold, like 10 or less. I don't need it to be warm, right? I just need direct sun?

Same question here. Anybody with help?

Id like to clean the patent on my xi mids.What can I safely use to clean them?Is regular sneaker cleaner ok?Thanks.

Originally Posted by OUChrisLitt

I've also got a SeaGlow question. I've had a few sunny days recently, but it's been EXTREMELY cold, like 10 or less. I don't need it to be warm, right? I just need direct sun?

no it dont have to be warm direct sun is all you need

Im planning on DS a pair of CDP Bred 11s for about 5 years i have them in a ziplock bag away from direct sunlight does anyone have any tips?

1. for the glue for the sole swap, i used shoe goo to reseal my columbia xi's retros, it works. give it time to settle, usually a day. it helps also ifyou have a clamp to tighten up on the soles when you apply it. i also have used gorilla glue to help fix some separation on some other shoes, so either onewill work. but for clear midsoles, you definately want to use shoe goo.

2. as far as buying sea glow, it all depends on where your location is. lowes or home depot does not carry this stuff. i know here in ca tap plasticscarries the stuff. if your in northern ca you can find it there. if not, you can order directly from their web site, i think its call island girl products.just google it and it will lead you from there. no tax since its from hawaii, just got to pay shipping for the bottle. go with the bigger bottle, it's likea little more than $20, but it's the best value if you have a lot of shoes with clear soles to clean. as far as using it, it doesn't have to be reallyhot or warm outside, just follow directions in the matinance thread and leave out in the sun for a couple of hours. it does work, just depends on how yellowyour soles have turned. don't know about using uv light since it's usually sunny here in ca
laugh.gif
. if it works, then i know what to do if i move to alaska!

1. deadstocking some cdp 11's, i never put my shoes in any bags. it doesn't allow the leather to breathe. just keep them in the box, silica packsoptional, and put away in a dark closet until 5 years later. by that time the next retro 11's will have both jumpman logos reversed and a carbon fibersticker too
roll.gif
. just kidding, but that's you best bet if not gonna wearthem.
2. for the patent leather, you want to go to some auto parts store and buy that leather cleaner like armor all, meguiar's, etc. it cleans the patentleather and keeps it moist so it doesn't crack and dry out on you. buy the wipes, its soo much easier to use for ya. if you have a car with leather, usethe wipes to clean the seats so that way not so much of the cleaner is left on your shoes.

I got a problem with my retro X
Right shoe's air must be damaged. It feels thinner than left shoe's air insole and it squeaks every step. What should i do?

I recently brought nike sb tokyo mids, which are made from canvas, how do i clean the canvas?

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

1. for the glue for the sole swap, i used shoe goo to reseal my columbia xi's retros, it works. give it time to settle, usually a day. it helps also if you have a clamp to tighten up on the soles when you apply it. i also have used gorilla glue to help fix some separation on some other shoes, so either one will work. but for clear midsoles, you definately want to use shoe goo.

2. as far as buying sea glow, it all depends on where your location is. lowes or home depot does not carry this stuff. i know here in ca tap plastics carries the stuff. if your in northern ca you can find it there. if not, you can order directly from their web site, i think its call island girl products. just google it and it will lead you from there. no tax since its from hawaii, just got to pay shipping for the bottle. go with the bigger bottle, it's like a little more than $20, but it's the best value if you have a lot of shoes with clear soles to clean. as far as using it, it doesn't have to be really hot or warm outside, just follow directions in the matinance thread and leave out in the sun for a couple of hours. it does work, just depends on how yellow your soles have turned. don't know about using uv light since it's usually sunny here in ca
laugh.gif
. if it works, then i know what to do if i move to alaska!
shoo goo works but not that good for me guess im alil impatient.but i could not get the to box to seal for nothing.is shoo goo and gorilla gluethe only ones?there has got to be a better glue for this job.

Back
Top Bottom