:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by thuglife67898

i got some kiwi Suede&Nubuc cleaner and protector kit wth a brush and erasor etc. is this good to use on v's (Metalic}and 11's (grey,yellow)? thnx
yes. just follow directions and you should be good.

^ gotta be specific with what needs attention on the xii's. no specific question means no specific answer. and if you can't describe the problem indetail, post pics so i can try to help.

Originally Posted by original88

i need help with my 12's

Good for you
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

Pray, thats bout it. lol, nah i dont know. But i got a question of my own, well a couple. I got some cool grey and low xi's (check the sig) im trying toclean the soles of. They were barely worn but u know time kills these shoes. Buy first off, when i clean them with the sea glow, do i wipe the sea glow intothe sole and then put them in the sun? or do i just clean them with the sea glow and then wipe the sea glow totally off and THEN put them in the sun?? Cuz fromwhat i saw i kinda of tells you to do both on page 1. Anybody know?? Also where can i get sea glow besides there website?? any stores have it? Oh yea, andvideos on youtbe demonstrating this??

Originally Posted by icekickz89

Will that Bar keeper's friend work on the mesh of the AJIVs

i don't know how many times i have answered this question. not getting on you but to answer it won't. too harsh of a cleaner for the netting. it willtear it up. use oxyclean for the netting and behind the netting. or use soap and water with a toothbrush. use the oxyclean if it's really yellow or dingyon the netting.

Originally Posted by KiCkSaReMyLiFe

Pray, thats bout it. lol, nah i dont know. But i got a question of my own, well a couple. I got some cool grey and low xi's (check the sig) im trying to clean the soles of. They were barely worn but u know time kills these shoes. Buy first off, when i clean them with the sea glow, do i wipe the sea glow into the sole and then put them in the sun? or do i just clean them with the sea glow and then wipe the sea glow totally off and THEN put them in the sun?? Cuz from what i saw i kinda of tells you to do both on page 1. Anybody know?? Also where can i get sea glow besides there website?? any stores have it? Oh yea, and videos on youtbe demonstrating this??
to answer your questions, first clean the soles of the shoes before you decide to apply seaglow. after your done, use either the enclosedsynthetic steel wool or a toothbrush to scrub the seaglow into the soles. leave them out in the sun for a little while. if really yellowed, then apply moreseaglow and repeat the process until you achieved the desired clearness you want. as far as places selling it, if your located in northern ca, tap plasticssells it there. if you're not located in northern ca, check the website for island girl products and it will tell you who sells it around your area. as faras a video, just try to google it and maybe you'll find it. but it isn't that hard of a process to do. once you get comfortable doing it, you'llfeel like an expert.

for the ix's- your choices are to either sand the areas down for a repaint or just keep them the way they are. this is a problem area that isn't solvedeasy.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Originally Posted by icekickz89

Will that Bar keeper's friend work on the mesh of the AJIVs

i don't know how many times i have answered this question. not getting on you but to answer it won't. too harsh of a cleaner for the netting. it will tear it up. use oxyclean for the netting and behind the netting. or use soap and water with a toothbrush. use the oxyclean if it's really yellow or dingy on the netting.

Thank for the info man. I didn't look through the past several pages to find the answer.

i've helped so many people on this forum, now it's time for someone to help me out. if anyone who reads this had done a color match for infaredvi's help me out. what colors do you have to mix with the angelus paints to achieve this color shade? i went to home depot today and they told me to bringin a small sample of the color. but what's left of the infareds on mine is very little. i would appreciate it a lot people. and if anyone else has done acolor match for midnight navy, tell me that color mixture also. thanks everyone.

Good lookin on the help, i think ill just test it out on an old pair of v's to get the hang of it, and i live in NY, so i guess ill just have to order itfrom the website. Thanks again

Hey Pimpjobu I was trying to find out the same thing about the infrared,I was looking in the restoration post in sneaker showcase and saw a restoration done ona pair, so I asked what he used this it what he said (down there) I never got around to try it.It seemed strange that it would be red and white but let meKnow if it works out.

I used angelus paint, a mix of red and white, you just have to keep mixing them up till you get the right color. Good luck with that!
-------------------------------------
To:Jezzurr.niketalk
Sent:March 26, 2009, 11:38 am

I saw the pic's of your infrareds in the restoration post nice job.I wanted to know what red paints did you mix to get the infrared? I have a pair that iwant to touch-up any help would be great thankyou.

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

Hey Pimpjobu I was trying to find out the same thing about the infrared,I was looking in the restoration post in sneaker showcase and saw a restoration done on a pair, so I asked what he used this it what he said (down there) I never got around to try it.It seemed strange that it would be red and white but let me Know if it works out.

I used angelus paint, a mix of red and white, you just have to keep mixing them up till you get the right color. Good luck with that!
-------------------------------------
To:Jezzurr.niketalk
Sent:March 26, 2009, 11:38 am

I saw the pic's of your infrareds in the restoration post nice job.I wanted to know what red paints did you mix to get the infrared? I have a pair that i want to touch-up any help would be great thankyou.
i appreciate it a lot stevesteve72. now i need to get some red angelus paint to try this out with. thanks again!

what can you do to get red dye on my grey toe 13s from the leather and sole??
i can provide pics if you guys wanna see how the dye leaked on it

Originally Posted by themoy

quickie: for minor scuffs/scratches on patent leather, use mr. clean's magic eraser?

for scuffs, yes you can use magic eraser or maybe leather wipes to remoisten the pl. as far as scratches, it won't help. scratches are gonna be there.

Originally Posted by 23sonmyfeet

what can you do to get red dye on my grey toe 13s from the leather and sole??
i can provide pics if you guys wanna see how the dye leaked on it
so pretty much what you're saying is that the red suede has bleed into the leather. well this is a common problem with xiii's with red dyesuede. nothing you can really do except maybe repaint those areas. sorry man.

ummmm what can i do to motorsports 23's to get the patent leather on the toe box and tongue to get its shine back it looks kind of dull..... and on themidsole i have some scuffs is there any way to get them off i know other people must have balled in them and had the same problems thanks in advance.....

Back
Top Bottom