official soccer/football january transfer window post

live from london

thought it was about time to make this post

spurs have slapped a 30 million pound tag on berbatov. man utd is showing interest but the price may be to steep
if tey cant get berbatov rumors of a wes brown + 10 million pounds swap for jermain defoe are being talked about(gag me with a spoon..not another sub 6 footstriker)

sorry Arsenal supporters from reading the papers looks like arsenal wont be spending that 70 million pounds. supposedly they will spend 9-15 million pounds.they are after the next eto'o, althugh his name escapes me(to many carlsbergs and gin and tonics)

chelsea reportedly are interested in anelka whos rated at 10 million pounds.

LOT OF CLUBS WITH 10-15 MILLION POUND BUDGETS REPORTED!

will post again tomorrow when i read the papers.

discuss

AC Milan interested in Ochoa
Italian newspaper Tuttosport gives a list of candidates to replace Dida as Rossoneri goalkeeper; the Mexican seems to be the main option.
27-12 | 09:31 hs. According to Italian newspaper Tuttosport, Mexico's America goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa is one of the main option to sign AC Milan and toreplace Brazilian Dida, who has not had a good tournament with the Rossoneri.

Dida, 34 and player for AC Milan since 2002, has been hardly criticized for the successive mistakes he has made in this tournament, the most recent one in thelast derby of the Italian Serie A against Inter, where the Brazilian failed to save a shot from Argentine Cambiasso, as his side lost 2-1.

According to the newspaper, Ochoa is the main candidate to replace international Dida. The estimated worth of the transfer of the 20-year-old player,goalkeeper of Mexico, is about US$15 million.

Ochoa, who is said to be top ranked, appears with River Plate goalkeeper Juan Carlos Carrizo, 23 and probably cheaper than the Mexican, Polish Artur Boruc, 27,and also wanted by Arsenal and Tottenham of the English Premier League, and Argentine Oscar Ustari, 21, who has not been too active in Getafe.

Inter "Will Sign A Versatile Midfielder", Barcelona's Dos Santos Linked Inter Coach Roberto Mancini has confirmed that the club will sign aversatile midfielder with a great future ahead of him, and Barcelona's Mexican prodigy Giovani dos Santos has been linked.
Inter "Will Sign A Versatile Midfielder", Barcelona's Dos Santos Linked
zoom - galleria

The Nerazzurri are currently in the midst of an injury crisis with Olivier Dacourt, Dejan Stankovic, Patrick Vieira and Luis Figo all unavailable for varyinglengths of time.

"We will sign a versatile midfielder who can have a great future at Inter, both for this and next season," Mancio told Il Giornale.

The Nerazzurri have been associated with a whole host of names around Europe, with Manchester City's Elano believed to be top of the club's shortlistdue to his versatility.

Another name that has entered the fray is Barcelona prodigy Giovani dos Santos. The 18-year-old is widely regarded as one of the world's best youngprospects; however he is currently involved in a contract dispute with his club.

According to the Corriere dello Sport, Inter could be prepared to pay dos Santos' €30m release clause to bring him to San Siro.

Dos Santos is the son of retired Brazilian football player Zizinho, and has a younger brother, Jonathan, in Barcelona B team, who is also considered as a hugeprospect for the future.

good reports. inter still hasn't signed what id call the "huge" signing that was promised for their centenary. suazo and chivu although big arentas high profile as id thought they would get.

^ yeah...I'm mexican and would love to see dos santos on Inter. I hope they don't think he'll come in a be a big difference maker though. He'sstill very young.

Chrissy going to Madrid eh?
Any comments AJSeattle?
roll.gif

go back to dallas with that crap lol. united is for sure going to turn that offer down

even though for 45 million quid one could maybe buy david villa and silva from valencia..but as said before we dont need another sub 6 foot striker.

Newcastle put in a bid for Wes Brown and got rejected. I can't see Wes on any other squad other than Man U.
As far as Chrissy, I'd be surprised if he was still in England come the 08/09 campaign. The 75 million pound price tag they slapped on him is crazy though.
Spurs put a pretty big price tag on Berbatov too. 35 mill? you serious? smh at any club that pays that much for him.

ronaldo will stay. unless he causes issues with saf or the next manager who replaces him hes staying. fabregas on the other hand..thats a man id be suprised tosee around for long.

berbs isn't worth 35 million quid but hes worth a solid 18-20. when hes sold..or if it will be for around that kind of money. these big price tags arealways put on players and they always end up going for less. at one point ac milan slapped a 60 million quid price tag on shevchenko and in the 04/05 campaignthe director of inter claimed he wouldn't sell adriano for 100 million euros..now hes on loan in brazil.....

im obviously on uk servers because theres a big man utd ad here on niketalk. i love it haha

Wheres Eddie Johnson going?
Derby I believe...?

these big price tags are always put on players and they always end up going for less. at one point ac milan slapped a 60 million quid price tag on shevchenko and in the 04/05 campaign the director of inter claimed he wouldn't sell adriano for 100 million euros..now hes on loan in brazil.....
Touché
tongue.gif

I may be totally wrong and this rumor/story came out a while ago, but I am pretty sure that ESPN reported that Chelsea FC was interested in taking onRonaldinho for 130 Million Pounds......any truth to this statement? Will/can it happen or was it just a rumor that got blown out of proportion? Again, I admitI could be totally wrong.....I don't pay as much attention to soccer as I would like too....I turned on an Arsenal game recently and was suprised not tosee Thierry Henry. I had to go online to find out where he was and was informed he went to Barcelona FC.....all of you in this post seem to know whatyou're talking about so any information would be appreciated....thanks

How are you,

At the moment.. Ronaldinho has been playing through a drop in form (since 06.) In other words, hes not performing as he could be. This has been going on forquite some time. Anyways, there are rumors that he may be sold by the Summer. The two main suitors are AC Milan and Chelsea FC.

Milan has shown interest for a long time as their Chairman, Silvio Berlusconi is a huge fan of his.. Chelsea's owner Roman Abramovich may be interested inthe player in order to boost the popularity of the club, and continue his quest for "beautiful attacking football."

The Chelsea report you speak of was false as nothing has happened. I dont expect Ronaldinho to move during the current Winter Transfer Window but he coulddefinitely move in the summer depending on what hardware (or lack there of) Barcelona takes home this year. This applies to Barcelona Coach, Frank Rijkaard andRonaldinho's fellow teamate, Deco.

I recall the press saying his current fee valuation is around 35-40 Million Euro. No club will pay 100 for him.

I am pretty sure that ESPN reported that Chelsea FC was interested in taking on Ronaldinho for 130 Million Pounds......any truth to this statement?
Werd I remember that. Chel$ki said that they would be willing to pay 100 mill for Ronaldinho but those rumors kinda went out the door along withMourinho.

I turned on an Arsenal game recently and was suprised not to see Thierry Henry. I had to go online to find out where he was and was informed he went to Barcelona FC
I'm almost offended.
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

i dont think anyone is worth 130 million pounds. let alone ronaldinho. hes not even the best player in the world anymore.

Bolton will sign former Liverpool striker Djibril Cisse from Marseille if Nicolas Anelka leaves the Reebok Stadium. (Sun)
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has branded speculation linking Cristiano Ronaldo with Real Madrid "mischievous" and "a lie", andsaid he expected it at this time of year from Madrid. (Times)
oh and
smh.gif
at Everton today

Originally Posted by AirMaxin1

Bolton will sign former Liverpool striker Djibril Cisse from Marseille if Nicolas Anelka leaves the Reebok Stadium. (Sun)
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has branded speculation linking Cristiano Ronaldo with Real Madrid "mischievous" and "a lie", and said he expected it at this time of year from Madrid. (Times)
oh and
smh.gif
at Everton today

cisse needs to come back to the premiership

roll.gif
@ Liverpool draw today
Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has told friends he thinks he will leave the club in the summer, with Jurgen Klinsmann his possible replacement (Express).
Manchester United have made Dimitar Berbatov their number one transfer target but are determined not to be held to ransom for him by Tottenham (Mail).

jose mourinho is also a canidate for the liverpool job.

i think that berbatov to man utd rumor is false seeing as saf said the other day he would not be buying any players in the January transfer window

Back
Top Bottom