Official Soccer Jersey Thread

Can someone school me on the difference between a clearance store and an outlet store. For example I've heard people say nike clearance store and nike outlet. Thanks.

A Clearance store is an independent chain of stores selling multiple brands at discounted prices.

An Outlet store is a brand owned factory store that sells all of one brand (I.e Nike Factory or J Crew Factory). They only sell their own brands and it can vary from B Grade products to factory store exclusive products at lower prices.

Chances are, if you find a jersey at a factory store it may be a B grade defect jersey with minor to invisible defects.

If you get one from a clearance store, it could be B grade, or it could have just been a really old retail item.

Last edited:
I think he was referring to the NIKE clearance store which is like a nike outlet but have deeper discounts then your standard nike outlet.

there are a handful of NIKE clearance stores around the US most notably the nike clearance stores in san leandro and Orlando. I believe there's one in AZ and Texas too

Outlet store is the regular run of the mill nike standard outlet with regular discount

Clearance aren't very popular. Low key in the cut super discounted store. And it isn't different brands. For example Ross is a clearance store that carries many brands. But the nike clearance only has nike. For the super low

no, unless it's an authentic on field
Everyone I talked to told me to go up a size for a Puma replica. I have a Puma XL, it's a little long, but it gives it room to shrink a bit in the wash.

With whoever was asking, if you're on the low end of large, such as large being a bit big, but a medium too small, I'd stick with a large in Puma. But if you're like me, and in the middle of the high end of a large, an XL would probably be best.

Everyone I talked to told me to go up a size for a Puma replica. I have a Puma XL, it's a little long, but it gives it room to shrink a bit in the wash.

With whoever was asking, if you're on the low end of large, such as large being a bit big, but a medium too small, I'd stick with a large in Puma. But if you're like me, and in the middle of the high end of a large, an XL would probably be best.
Polyester really wont shrink bro.

Balotelli personalized Italy jerseys are popping up at a few Rosses gentleman!

All of my jerseys are polyester, and they've shrunk. Not a whole lot, but enough where I can tell they've shrunk

All of my jerseys are polyester, and they've shrunk. Not a whole lot, but enough where I can tell they've shrunk
You have to blast polyester at really really high heat but even then its 50/50 usually and minimal at best. I'm glad none of mine have though!

You have to blast polyester at really really high heat but even then its 50/50 usually and minimal at best. I'm glad none of mine have though!
you guys have put your jerseys in the dryer at high heat?? how did the sponsors and namesets come out looking?  didnt they start to peel off?

you guys have put your jerseys in the dryer at high heat?? how did the sponsors and namesets come out looking?  didnt they start to peel off?
I don't put any with name sets in the dryer, though I have put ones without before. Not had any issues ever.

I'm wondering the same, never have my jersey's shrunk and I would definitely stay away from the dryer. Those name sets will get fried. Gonna be liquidating my collection pretty soon here, the majority of my things are S and unfortunately I have outgrown them due to the gym . Will hopefully post my updated collection here once I've done so

Last edited:
I'm wondering the same, never have my jersey's shrunk and I would definitely stay away from the dryer. Those name sets will get fried. Gonna be liquidating my collection pretty soon here, the majority of my things are S and unfortunately I have outgrown them due to the gym . Will hopefully post my updated collection here once I've done so
If they are a S, I'd be interested

Maybe. Depends what you have.

Authentic France jersey 30$ from clearance store orlando and authentic Brazil 3rd kit picked up Friday from Ross for 25. Both retail at 150. Ross still has a L in the authentic Brazil 3rd and also a M in the regular Brazil third. If anyone wants the oop Lmk. I think the price tag said 30 not 25 though. Just pay shipping plus cost materials and purchase and I got you. About 35-40$

Brazil jersey is a lot nicer in person. The fit is great and the color is a nice extra dark forest green.
I also picked up Authentic Brazil Home and 3rd kit from Ross in size M. I did notice Brazil Home had a more athletic fit than Brazil 3rd. Brazil 3rd felt more like size L athletic fit. Not sure anyone else has had different fits on same size NIke.

If they are a S, I'd be interested
same here

Why do you guys put jerseys in the dryer? Jerseys are so lightweight with vented material that drying them in the dryer is pretty much unnecessary lol. But to each their own. I just let them air dry straight out the wash, at that moment they are practically dry anyway.

Why do you guys put jerseys in the dryer? Jerseys are so lightweight with vented material that drying them in the dryer is pretty much unnecessary lol. But to each their own. I just let them air dry straight out the wash, at that moment they are practically dry anyway.

This

Got that Zardes name pressed on!

Back
Top Bottom