Official space thread vol.....Astronaut status

its crazy right.

that there is just something out there in space like that.

that **** is amazing to me.

Man, space in general is just wild. You have giant planets made of gas that are still perfectly round. You have galaxies that you can't access but know they're there. I'm just ready to find some type of life on another planet, just to know. There's no way that we're alone

I just want to explore the galaxy like I drive cars 

I was born to early 
mean.gif

I wonder if technology will advance in my lifetime where light speed travel is possible to visit these planets or other solar systems quicker.

I want to explore space and the ocean.

I wonder if technology will advance in my lifetime where light speed travel is possible to visit these planets or other solar systems quicker.

I want to explore space and the ocean.
nerd.gif
 I wonder that all the time

Theres just so much out there......

I can just picture another earth like planet with animals like our own. 

tired.gif
 It kills me to think I might die before I ever find out 

Saw Interstellar for the first time the other night, solid flick.

Some sound scientific theories mixed in with some straight up science-fiction.

The worm hole theory was on point. Its almost as if whoever wrote the script sat up on some Michio Kaku YouTube videos talking about other universes and worm holes.

Our universe is definitely facing a few different kinds of demises, ranging from the big crunch to the big freeze (the heat death of the universe). So one day, far into the future, we will definitely have to try to trek into other worlds and maybe, other universes.

***** crazy to think about.

:nerd:  I wonder that all the time

Theres just so much out there......

I can just picture another earth like planet with animals like our own. 

|I  It kills me to think I might die before I ever find out 

What do you think about cryonic preservation? Life extension technology, cryonics, nanobots, gene/cell therapy etc, all on the horizon.

I got no qualms being a cyborg so long as my consciousness isn't compromised.

Last edited:
I dont think light speed will be reached for like a thousand years.
I think humans are really really far from making a warp drive or watever they call it.

Its crazy if u think about it....how can we make a ship that can travel as fast or faster than something that has no mass.

I think the wormhole or black hole thing is a closer possibility

But i dunno that much about that stuff.

Yeah, in Interstellar Cooper (McConaughey) went into Gargantua (black hole) and entered the "fifth dimension".

I honestly think he died and the fifth dimension was just a DMT induced vision from his dying brain.

Nobody has went into a black hole so we don't know for certain what's inside of a black hole but everything we do know about black holes tells us that you're likely a goner if you get sucked into one. For that reason I believe Cooper got murked and plan B and not plan A is how humanity survived.

Oh yeah, spoiler alert.

I think we live in one of the defining lifetimes of our species.

humans are incredible man...we could start exploring a new area of space or wipe our species off the planet today, and developed the tools to do both within the last 100 years or so.

I mean, do you realize we are communicating on a global wireless network right now, and that the groundwork for this resource, which is effectively a superpower to any human who died before the mid-90s, was laid a century or more ago?

yes, it's less likely than nuclear war in our lifetime, but don't underestimate the power of humanity working toward a common goal. we built an International Space Station and I bet if you told someone from 1916 that a flight would be something modern humans look at as more of a hassle than a ******* miracle, you'd get institutionalized or burned at the stake or some ****.

don't count us out of the cosmos, my fellow space cadets...I feel like we'll either see the distant stars or the lurking end in our lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom