***Official STALLEY thread**** (Savage Journey to the American Dream) Out Now DL link Front Page

Haven't been this excited for an album in years. Finally came home from class to see my pre-order package waiting for me. About to let it ride in iTunes for now. Whip test later tonight.

Can't get past System On Loud.
laugh.gif
 ...will never respect your musical opinion on Niketalk EVER, if you like that song.

I liked Stalley's music PRE-MMG...he was the man back then. |I  

Out of all the artists I like, Stalley hasn't changed much, if it all. It's good and bad, in terms of progression/versatility, but I think Ohio should take you back to the ITM sound.

You know this type of criticism always kills me. Like people say "I rocked with Stalley pre-MMG" but he hasn't changed lol. No lie. He's literally the same guy. Like Rome said, that can be a gift and a curse. But I guess its a curse because he's being accused of "changing" lol.

The album is DOPE. One of the best albums i've heard this year. Its a shame it will get slept on. But i've seen this coming the minute he signed with MMG. I'm sure Stalley has benefited well financially by being associated with MMG but the guy just isn't a commercial rapper. His route should be something like a Curren$y's. SPitta's the same way. Nice fan base....but they won't buy his album but will download his mixtapes and show up in droves to buy his album.

Stalley dropped a very good debut album. His flow is just not dumbed down enough to be successful. Sadly.

Haven't been up on Stalley in a minute, did he drop the album out of nowhere on iTunes or was this a planned release?

Like I said when he was on Combat Jack, he started his media tour too early. I'm still not sure what was up with that. He was doing a media tour over a month ago. People have short attention spans, they moved on. With Logic, you heard him on the radio or the BET cypher and the album was out in a few days.

You know this type of criticism always kills me. Like people say "I rocked with Stalley pre-MMG" but he hasn't changed lol. No lie. He's literally the same guy. Like Rome said, that can be a gift and a curse. But I guess its a curse because he's being accused of "changing" lol.

The album is DOPE. One of the best albums i've heard this year. Its a shame it will get slept on. But i've seen this coming the minute he signed with MMG. I'm sure Stalley has benefited well financially by being associated with MMG but the guy just isn't a commercial rapper. His route should be something like a Curren$y's. SPitta's the same way. Nice fan base....but they won't buy his album but will download his mixtapes and show up in droves to buy his album.

Stalley dropped a very good debut album. His flow is just not dumbed down enough to be successful. Sadly.

I agree with all of this

Meek goin to jail threw a monkey wrench in MMG's planned rollout. You can tell they were scramblin.

How Stalley switch up when Ohio sounds like Intelligent Trunk Music part 2? :nthat: :nthat:
(Unless you talkin bout when he was on his spoken word ish (pre ITTM), but that was kinda wack)

My only gripe is that there's a few dope throwaway tracks floating around out there that would've made a nice EP.

Last edited:
Like I said when he was on Combat Jack, he started his media tour too early. I'm still not sure what was up with that. He was doing a media tour over a month ago. People have short attention spans, they moved on. With Logic, you heard him on the radio or the BET cypher and the album was out in a few days.
I agree with all of this

That's true. I wondered the same thing. Stanley was promoting his album 2 or 3 months ago and didn't promote any a week prior to his album dropping. Very odd.

Agree with everybody from the last few posts

I know most guys ink with a major or major affiliated label with dreams of being A level rappers with crossover appeal, but for most guys that's farfetched. Like Stalley, he has a niche fan base and we all knew MMG wouldn't really push him further than he was back in 2011. Like I said before, I think the album was solid and I'm definitely supporting him when I go buy albums later this month.

Agree with everybody from the last few posts

I know most guys ink with a major or major affiliated label with dreams of being A level rappers with crossover appeal, but for most guys that's farfetched. Like Stalley, he has a niche fan base and we all knew MMG wouldn't really push him further than he was back in 2011. Like I said before, I think the album was solid and I'm definitely supporting him when I go buy albums later this month.

I think he realizes that also from interviews.

Back
Top Bottom