OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

No, not for your whole position. I set stops on GME at 70, 250 and 300. I was ecstatic when it hit 300. Could I have set a final stop at 400 or 450? Sure, but I'm taking the risk with the remaining shares to see if we hit the moon. All while being more than satisfied my play worked out amazingly.

No need to sell the whole pot. But protecting your portfolio by selling to cover at least your cost basis is a good thing. It's not paper handing the position. It's being smart. Diamond hand the house money, not yours.
All Relative In My Opinion.

With The Volatility This Stock Is Seeing And Honestly, It’s Current Upside Potential (Fundamentals Set Aside), Those Shares You’d Sell To Cover Your Position Could Be The Difference In Doubling Your Initial Entry Point.

Not Seeing Those Gains Seems More Likely TO ME At This Point Than Seeing A Loss Of My Initial Position.

God Willing This Thing Ain’t Going Back To $9 Any Time Soon…

Am I An *******? Maybe!!! :lol:

Tons of researching... explain to me (without saying Reddit or sticking it to the man/hedge funds) why AMC (or even GME) is where it’s at.

I’m all for making a $ but most definitely have an exit plan.

Tons of researching... explain to me (without saying Reddit or sticking it to the man/hedge funds) why AMC (or even GME) is where it’s at.

Feel Free To Look Back A Couple Pages For The Bulletpoints I've Already Provided If You're Interested In My Personal Conviction :wink:

PS- I Don't Use Reddit :lol:

Im in on AMC since last yr, but didnt make as much as I really could due to letting alot go earier this yr, RH crashing didnt help me scure profits when I let it go, even my option I lost like a G

but im on some shares still

All Relative In My Opinion.

With The Volatility This Stock Is Seeing And Honestly, It’s Current Upside Potential (Fundamentals Set Aside), Those Shares You’d Sell To Cover Your Position Could Be The Difference In Doubling Your Initial Entry Point.

Not Seeing Those Gains Seems More Likely TO ME At This Point Than Seeing A Loss Of My Initial Position.

God Willing This Thing Ain’t Going Back To $9 Any Time Soon…

Am I An *******? Maybe!!! :lol:
Good luck man. Just dont lose out on the profits. And believe me, I want to see GME and AMC spike to the moon. We should all get our bags 8) Just dont hold past the peak and hold the bag as it slumps back to earth.

People adamantly disagree on whether the companies are dead or alive and the volatility, it creates, brings in day traders and the dreamers.

If you bought at $10 or less, put a stop at 15 or 20 and protect your position. On any pull back if the stock is legitimately going to become great, it would hold the breakout point. If it doesn’t, you don’t want to be long and watch it roundtrip. This is very easy to handle. Don’t be a fool, protect your money and get paid along the way.

I have the same feeling, sitting on the sideline from all of these "meme" stocks

I stay away completely too.

it’s tempting to have a small position in the meme stocks.

The people who yolo into these, especially with options, I don’t know how they handle the stress. Just can’t imagine putting a significant amount in these plays.

anyone here have a major position? Seems like most just grab a small amount of shares to enjoy the show.

Shout out to the option sellers in the meme stock they have to be making a killing
AMC has to fall 20% just to break even on a put
Percent wise it ain’t even worth the trouble

I saw a $39 6/4 amc call last Thursday at close for $2.18. Upon open Friday, it jumped to $8.00. By days close it was $2.00 range. Not sure what we’re looking at now. That open interest at open Friday was intense. How many are bag holding at $8.00 average for amc? It honestly feels like people throw their hats at 15-20 options and hopes 2-3 stick. Like horse racing lol.

1622647350106.png

RBLX baby! :nthat:

I saw a $39 6/4 amc call last Thursday at close for $2.18. Upon open Friday, it jumped to $8.00. By days close it was $2.00 range. Not sure what we’re looking at now. That open interest at open Friday was intense. How many are bag holding at $8.00 average for amc? It honestly feels like people throw their hats at 15-20 options and hopes 2-3 stick. Like horse racing lol.

I bought 6 of those same calls for an average price of 2.48.

Glad I did.

What is it exactly that makes you so big on Pins?
fundamentals, I can go in depth but quickly without having to look up numbers

sales growth and guidance has been accelerating rapidly
earnings growth is very strong
ebidta margin > 42% is silly
increasing user growth with DIVERSITY amongst users (not just middle aged women now)
optionality with classes being integrated through zoom (very small driver but has potential)
potential for them to eventually get into video games at some capacity (would drive user growth for males and gen z)
ecommerce/social commerce machine in the making
trades at a fair valuation of less than 12x NTM sales
digital advertising is an explosive thematic
everyone thinks its a lockdown story, but the reality is they are a NECESSITY for event planning and renovations, two areas that are exploding this year as we reopen and that is an opportunity that isnt being included in analyst estimates

Back
Top Bottom