OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I personally don’t like UPST but I’ve been very wrong the whole time. Go with where you see the largest runway, the necessary network effects that create platforms that society relies on, and go from there. I added to roku a day early but whatever, I just wanted to load my boat again. I really want a NET position but can’t get any real pull backs to buy into.

johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm and anyone else

I just got around to listening to the Aug 1 Pounding the Table pod where they interview SQ cofounder Jim Mckelvey.
I have a decent amount of SQ, I like the innovation, the range of services they’re in (creating an eco system for their customers money). Company is great but I guess I was hoping for a little bit more out of Mckelvey from a leadership perspective. Hopefully he’s a genius from a business standpoint lol. But the best leaders are relatable, inspire their troops, have some likability, in addition to being brilliant. IMO he came across a little arrogant/cocky and pretentious. Not that he was a total D bag, just gave me that vibe. Maybe one of those days. His book was referenced quite a bit but his personality turned me off to being interested in reading it.

johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm and anyone else

I just got around to listening to the Aug 1 Pounding the Table pod where they interview SQ cofounder Jim Mckelvey.
I have a decent amount of SQ, I like the innovation, the range of services they’re in (creating an eco system for their customers money). Company is great but I guess I was hoping for a little bit more out of Mckelvey from a leadership perspective. Hopefully he’s a genius from a business standpoint lol. But the best leaders are relatable, inspire their troops, have some likability, in addition to being brilliant. IMO he came across a little arrogant/cocky and pretentious. Not that he was a total D bag, just gave me that vibe. Maybe one of those days. His book was referenced quite a bit but his personality turned me off to being interested in reading it.

his voice is only one of many accomplished voices on their board... $sq long

Didn’t listen to the interview but square has been delivering and executing unlike those scrubs in Fastly. I wouldn’t worry too much but if you don’t love management, it’s ok to exit or trim.

Own the best
Hold the best
Make the most

don’t obsess over daily price action or dips if you’re not looking to be a buyer. I check charts every Sunday, find levels that interest me, do what I need to do and ignore things. I check once in the morning once at the close and that’s it. No reason to obsess unless you’re actively trading.

Back
Top Bottom