OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Folks are out here selling assets for fiat because of tapering while inflation is high. NGMI

Inflation is a solid 10% every year. They're lying to us when they say 1-3%. This year is no different, just more magnified due to the age of information we're in.

How many people get annual raises that match their cities rising rents, housing prices, costs of goods/services? That's true inflation.

Good assets depreciating is usually temporary. Cash will always be king, especially in these temporary (COVID variant, FUD, Fed news, etc) times.

Inflation is a solid 10% every year. They're lying to us when they say 1-3%. This year is no different, just more magnified due to the age of information we're in.

How many people get annual raises that match their cities rising rents, housing prices, costs of goods/services? That's true inflation.

Good assets depreciating is usually temporary. Cash will always be king, especially in these temporary (COVID variant, FUD, Fed news, etc) times.
I never thought about it like that… I mean for housing, for those of us with a mortgage we’re kinda shielded from that because we have fixed monthly payments and APRs around 3ish %.

What about those who don't own yet? If the value of houses went up 25-50% in your city in the past 5 years, whose income increased at that same rate during those same 5 years?

Costs of everything (food, services, gas, transportation, schools, etc) will rise while income won't for the majority.

That's how I view inflation.

^^nah it's gonna come down to earth again..

Actually sold my Jan 21 160 aapl call for a nice return today in anticipation of the pullback.. Gonna wait for it to fall back below 160 then I'm gonna rinse and repeat.

You get it. Inflation prints are a fake thing. I got my lease renewal agreement in the mail... 12% hike if I sign up for a 12 month term if I go month by month...33%! The stuff that regular people need to stay alive is inflating at way higher than 2-3% but whatever.

The 2022 outlook pieces from banks are starting to come out. Will lean towards the opinions of the big brain trusts on this one. JPM calling for 5050 S&P 2022. Hard to argue when companies keep printing insane earnings even with cost of goods and employee compensation shooting up.

What about those who don't own yet? If the value of houses went up 25-50% in your city in the past 5 years, whose income increased at that same rate during those same 5 years?

Costs of everything (food, services, gas, transportation, schools, etc) will rise while income won't for the majority.

That's how I view inflation.
they say wage inflation is the only inflation that matters

Started following Chris Sain on Discord. Anyone else have good groups they in?

I sold some apple at 168/share. Probably get back on when it drops down.

Back
Top Bottom