OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Market and the economy in general have nothing but headwinds looking foward, everything was extremely overvalued to start with and a lot is STILL overvalued. Idk why anyone would be trying to get long or longer here. We're going to test yearly lows and likely break them. Nasdaq is already there and no earnings beats to save anything for 3 more months. Most all tech companies that beat Q4 have given all the gains back already. Not a good sign.

Good time to add more? Idk what changed so fundamentally that the street gave up all conviction in SQ the past 3 months.

Nothing changed fundamentally.

The value of Square was never based on fundamentals.

Square was never fundamentally a $290 stock.

Square was never fundamentally a $200 stock.

All these stock prices were bluffs. It's like playing poker and everyone is throwing money in the pot but nobody has a solid hand.

Nothing changed fundamentally.

The value of Square was never based on fundamentals.

Square was never fundamentally a $290 stock.

Square was never fundamentally a $200 stock.

All these stock prices were bluffs. It's like playing poker and everyone is throwing money in the pot but nobody has a solid hand.

What should I be shorting on my Robinhood app?

I’m a total rook when it comes to stocks. I bought stuff years ago( apple, google, Tesla among others ) but never really managed them. Where can I get some advice for a casual holder. Just trying to have consistent long gains but a huge jump would be appreciated too!

I’m a total rook when it comes to stocks. I bought stuff years ago( apple, google, Tesla among others ) but never really managed them. Where can I get some advice for a casual holder. Just trying to have consistent long gains but a huge jump would be appreciated too!

If you want consistent long gains like you said, just keep buying buy and holding until you're ready to cash out.

Johnny a good dude, def helped a lot of people.

Yea sounds like the dude over-invested in his picks. If he did, when he mentioned those picks they were winners and you could have taken profits if that's the case. Sure they may have tanked now but no one can control an investor's own greed.

Tbh, I always liked dude, think hes knowledgeable and believe his intentions were nothing but good. However, I find it extremely irresponsible what he did. In here making longterm calls with high conviction, "$1000 stock in 10 years" type comments. Only to very quietly exit all those positions less than a year later. The fact he does not post in here at all anymore speaks volumes. He knows he was out of pocket. Too many people in here were following his trades with no where near his level of sophistication in terms of dd and analyzation to know when to get out. Now all these names are 50%+ off their highs and people are still in here trying to btd and average down on broken stocks. Its unfortunate.

Veja can be for a PE firm what Golden Goose is for Carlyle

A lot of V’s on a lot of feet

If you just blindly buy based off of a random internet persons picks - yikes.

Do your own DD - been saying that on here for years man.

Nobody in here was doing any real fundamental dd except maybe him lol, and still arent, thats the issue.

I get what you’re saying but I think reducing him to a "random internet person", in this thread, under the circumstances, is inaccurate. But I'm gonna leave it alone, i said what i said, you live and learn.

Nobody in here was doing any real fundamental dd except maybe him lol, and still arent, thats the issue.

I get what you’re saying but I think reducing him to a "random internet person", in this thread, under the circumstances, is inaccurate. But I'm gonna leave it alone, i said what i said, you live and learn.

That’s my point - when I first started posting in here I was posting actual analysis and reasoning.

At the end of the day we all are random internet people.

kind of shows your character when you come in here trash talking him when every single market is down right now and you want to point fingers.

I've rode his trades on fsly and made plenty money. if you can't stomach a loss without coming in here crying don't play the game. certain things aren't for everybody.

Whenever I see I nice short setup on peloton I’m buying it
I don’t think anything is going to save that company not even if they get purchased

kind of shows your character when you come in here trash talking him when every single market is down right now and you want to point fingers.

I've rode his trades on fsly and made plenty money. if you can't stomach a loss without coming in here crying don't play the game. certain things aren't for everybody.

Thats one way to look at it lol. If you're gonna make calls for amateur investors, going ghost when it goes the other way aint the best character trait either. Just my opinion.

And the s&p is down 8%, not 80% like a few of the favorites in here.

Back
Top Bottom