OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

i had an alert for 97.50 that never hit. would've loved that level.

a dip to 104.48 with a stop just inside of 103.94 there could be a decent entry. or if you're really aggressive 105.98 or 105.86 with a stop inside of 105.57 i'd personally wait to see if i can get in at that 104.48 or leave room to add in there if it tests.

been a beast man.

DIS I feel like you can buy and hold.

Any of you guys looking into Lumber Liquidators (LL)? This recall thing looks to be overblown.

hope you avoided LL :lol:

i did a good job this morning avoiding the chop but then i just lost my focus and forced a couple of trades at the lunch hour and got chopped up, ruining my week. can't get bored/frustrated/etc. need to just be consistently focused and patient. gotta avoid trading during the lull.

Last edited:
I did, luckily.

How does a company like this still operate? :x

Capture-75-311426104877.png

Down to 33 cents now :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
dude they bought puts in wlt :lol: idk how they're gonna make money on these

>> BEARISH 2453 WLT Sep15 0.5 Puts $0.28 ASK MULTI 10:24:08 CBOE 1701 x $0.2 - $0.28 x 656 PHLX SSR BELOWCLOUD Delta=-24%, OPENING OI=6 $0.47 Ref CHART
>> BEARISH 1000 WLT Jun15 1.0 Puts $0.69 ASK MULTI 13:12:44 CBOE 425 x $0.63 - $0.69 x 1287 PHLX SSR BELOWCLOUD Delta=-56%, OPENING OI=551 $0.40 Ref CHART

**** is going to the OTCs eventually

crazy the descent its had

you take any DIS :nerd:

im not touching WLT. uoa on options under 10 bucks is too much of a headache from what I've learned. ill only play the occasional biotech order flow if its a huge order.

Last edited:
hey guys, ive been looking through this thread for awhile now and I figured its time for me to jump in and start asking questions and joining in on the discussions

im new to the stock market game, but have been considering stocks as a part of my investment/retirement plan for a long time. I just dont know anybody, or even know someone who knows someone, to learn from. So essentially, i will be self taught through the use of books, the internet, eventual experience, and hopefully you guys will be able to help

these are the three books i have now. im reading them left to right, as the next one is more advanced than the previous. any other books i should look into??

should i bother signing up for one of those broker sites as a beginner (ie etrade, fidelity, charles schwab etc)? any info would be appreciated

^^^^^

Brah this is how I started.  I only started following stocks that I knew about.  The first stock I ever researched was Nike.

Starting off, only go with what you know.  If you are focused, you will find what youre looking for.

And finally, the most important think is the price of the stock.  It going up or down determines if you make or lose money.  P/E ratios, earnings, dividends and buybacks, all those are cool but at the end of the day its the price of the stock that will make you money.  Be smart, do your research, dont buy or sell anything someone else "suggests" you to do without doing your own homework on it first. 

Oh and PS look at the overall trend of the market to get an understanding of whether the market is going up or down.

Keep at it and youll be fine.

> MAR 17

before

DSW - DSW Inc
PLUG - Plug Power
SKYS - Sky Solar Holdings

after

ADBE - Adobe
ORCL - Oracle

> MAR 18

before

FDX - FedEx
GIS - General Mills

after

CTAS - Cintas Corp
GES - Guess
JBL - Jabil Circuit
JUNO - Juno Therapeutics
SLW - Silver Wheaton Corp
WSM - Williams-Sonoma

> MAR 19

before

CRCM - Care.com
LEN - Lennar Corp

after

NKE - Nike

> MAR 20

before

DRI - Darden Restaurants
KBH - KB Home
TIF - Tiffany & Co

you take any DIS :nerd:

im not touching WLT. uoa on options under 10 bucks is too much of a headache from what I've learned. ill only play the occasional biotech order flow if its a huge order.

just waiting for the funds to hit my acct.
whats your take on investing on a stock that is basically at their 52wk high?

depends on how the stock is fundamentally. of course buying at 52s is tough since you're at a potential peak, but a great company will make new 52s. i'd probably look to buy a dip or start in small and leave room to add if it pulls back to a level I'm more comfortable having a larger size with. really depends on your time frame. something long term or just a swing? DIS is prob a decent bet long term. but of course you never know with the fed how the greater market can affect things. just have a plan and you'll be ok.

paper just bought 250,000 UUP june 25 puts for .12. took a 10 lot. counter trend lotto play in an etf but i wanna take the chance. gonna offer half at a double good till canceled and let the rest run if it works. will not add.

interesting order ahead of the fed noise tomorrow

really interesting video on cancer immunotherapy
NVS, KITE, JUNO are a few of the CAR-T biotech

starts at 34:35. link below will take you there automatically, but on the embed i think you need to scroll to that time.
https://t.co/O0z9c6U1Gh

Last edited:
nvs is something i've been looking at for awhile.

what kinda programs you watch?

i try to catch the nightly business report, a little bit of bloomberg, jim cramer

Last edited:
i'll watch a little cramer for the lulz but other than that i dont really check out much else.

i should try and catch nightly business report though or give bloomberg a shot.

i honestly dont watch tv much, usually just some sports/sitcoms at night. usually spend most of my time on the computer :lol: :smh:

it's hard for me to catch the shows cause i am at work, but nbr is televised when i am home.

We could've doubled up on WLT from the last two sessions :nerd:

stock on fire lately, 1.00 not far away :nerd:

interested to see how NKE does with it's earnings. still like UA more

Last edited:
Twitter is the best news source for basically everything IMO - especially market info.

I'd recommend following @reformedbroker. Dude is funny and extremely knowledgable, runs his own firm and appears on CNBC most days. I like his info because he has a grasp on millennial's and how we will shape the markets future.

He is also long TWTR 8)

Back
Top Bottom