OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Same story last few years. "Oh no! This might be time for the bears!" ...........V-shape rally and new highs soon after :lol:

TSLA with a press conference tomorrow :nerd:

Tesla and Elon Musk are announcing... something tomorrow

Tesla says that it's holding a press conference tomorrow including CEO Elon Musk (then again, what Tesla press conference doesn't include Elon Musk?) that kicks off at 11AM PT, 2PM ET. There's no indication of what the press conference might entail, but there are some obvious possibilities: the first Model X deliveries are expected to start within the next few months, which means the company might finally unveil the production vehicle. It's also within the realm of reason that we'll get more details on the Model 3, Tesla's hyped (and critically important) play at the mass market. There's also the Powerwall, which was recently announced — maybe we'll get some more details on partners or deliveries.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/16/8982345/tesla-and-elon-musk-are-announcing-something-tomorrow

Live blog:

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetel...conference-call-expected-to-focus-on-model-s/

• New "ludicrous mode" on Model S pushes 0-60 down to 2.8s :x
  • Model X's "ludicrous mode" still in the works but should be around 3s
  • First Model X deliveries expected in 2 months, Model 3 another 2 years

Oil is cheap though I dunno about that Tesla

Crude is cheap. Gas, not so much these days.

Musk is all about innovation anyway. Will be interesting to see the Model X on the roads, and hopefully Model 3 concepts soon.

Earnings were good I guess.

Calls would've made you a tone of dough this week. Could've got some for a dime or a penny that went to 25 or 75 bucks. But that's such a rarity. Going directional and out of the money like that on earnings is a huge gamble. Need an aggressive move that puts you well in the money or else vol crush would turn the trade into a loser despite the move in your direction.

what's everyone's opinion on solar stocks? I'm down quite a bit on FSLR and looking to average down if it hits $35. what are the chances of the company going under? wondering if i should just take the L and move on instead of averaging down... thoughts?

I like FSLR long term but from an average under 40. Not sure where you got in at but that's something you personally need to decide on. Next time have a plan to avoid being in this hole. 35 would be a decent entry point to start into a position but like I said its up to you personally, how much money you have in the position and what you have available. If it takes out these swing lows it can get ugly but some chatter may pop up to balance that out. FSLR is a very news driven name. Just learn from this and always use a stop/have a plan when entering trades.

Last edited:
Picked up a few shares of PYPL this morning. Missed a great entry point but still got in decent enough. Adding it for growth which is what I want for my portfolio

I wonder what Paypal will be doing to stay relevant in the game especially with Venmo for the P2P and Amazon, Amex & Visa all in the online checkout game.

anyone else think these huge tech companies are a bubble like the .com one? i just dont understand how the values are so high
mean.gif

someone explain if you can

I wonder what Paypal will be doing to stay relevant in the game especially with Venmo for the P2P and Amazon, Amex & Visa all in the online checkout game.
Yeah I'm not buying into the hype right now... only ipo I'm waiting for is Uber

Even though I have a position in them, I do too. I'd love to average down and get in before another big rally; this is one position I'm planning on holding for a long time.

barring a stock market crash AAPL is be the best place to put your money. good dividend, ton of cash on the books, still plenty of growth.

Getting CRUSHED today. UNFI, AAPL, TSLA.

****... And I almost got out of UNFI last week:smh:

Better to own physical if you wanna trade precious. I don't trade it anymore. Lost money every time. Got long, got short, just never worked. Will only buy some physical from here on out.

Back
Top Bottom