OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

company will never get back to it's all time highs. bloated pig being roasted. niche market with little barrier to entry. never been a fan of this company for anything more than a trade.

so i got an extra 1000

Im young, 20. Trying to get into investing, not sure where to start. I just know I want to make money off the money i have saved

so i got an extra 1000
Im young, 20. Trying to get into investing, not sure where to start. I just know I want to make money off the money i have saved
:nerd:
I'm a bit younger wondering the same thing but don't you need more than a rack to invest?
Anyone worried about the schmita? :nerd:

if you have no clue what to do, dont do anything at all because you'll lose every dollar.

paper trade and lean before entering the market with real money. just because you want to make money doesn't mean you actually will.

Every trader will eventually acknowledge that they don't really know how the economy works, and they would be right because the real economy is divorced from the financial markets, the gold market is manipulated and everyone is itching for the next dose of the much anticipated QE injection. Which is why questions like "i have 1k where can i invest?" sound real funny because you might as well take that cash and make it rain on a stripper - you will probably get more out of it. Simply put, the stock market is rigged, especially now with robot trading, algorithms and fiber optic cables. The regular joe simply doesn't have the tools to trade at the level of professionals and robots who will eat your lunch and for 1k, ain't no one going to help you.

My advice? Learn a skill and sell it. There's also bitcoin if you're feeling extra risky and speculative.

Last edited:
You're going to have a hard time regardless at first. It's one of the toughest things to consistently do in the world. Doesn't mean it's impossible, though.

Every trader will eventually acknowledge that they don't really know how the economy works, and they would be right because the real economy is divorced from the financial markets, the gold market is manipulated and everyone is itching for the next dose of the much anticipated QE injection. Which is why questions like "i have 1k where can i invest?" sound real funny because you might as well take that cash and make it rain on a stripper - you will probably get more out of it. Simply put, the stock market is rigged, especially now with robot trading, algorithms and fiber optic cables. The regular joe simply doesn't have the tools to trade at the level of professionals and robots who will eat your lunch and for 1k, ain't no one going to help you.

My advice? Learn a skill and sell it. There's also bitcoin if you're feeling extra risky and speculative.
You saying I should just cop that pound from Pablo :nerd:

So how much would you say you should start with if your looking to get into this :nerd:

find proven traders who offer education services and show their records (not just places that sell alerts). you can learn how to trade, it's not impossible if you bust your ***, manage risk, control your emotions and exhibit painful amounts of patience.

places like Investors Underground, Bulls on Wall Street, AlphaShark (former KeeneOntheMarket), are worth learning from.

Last edited:
You can start with a K. I did. Not that I've gained much more since trying my hand at options... but that's a different story.

Don't get into the markets right now, you'll lose half your cash in no time. Do some research, read some books, and study value investing over the next few months at least and let this volatility die down.

Won't see a rate hike realistically until 2016, no way they raise the rates w/ the upcoming holiday season, however that could prove to be a calculated move. Raise rates, shares dip as a reaction, the inch back up, after holiday numbers get released, stocks his small surge. All speculation of course, I don't even know how often the FED meets to discuss rate hikes.

Jesus what happened :rofl:

Thought everything was good after the first dip and rally

Last edited:
While i wasn't expecting a hike, I was legitimately surprised by the Fed's non-action, if that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom