OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Added CHWY to my Roth. Small 5 share position just to open it up. $61 is a good entry point IMO for the long term. Might add more before earnings next week if they drop more.

COVID doggos will PUMP this stock after earnings but it might fall more before then.

Never bad seeing this. Averaging down really helped.
Screenshot_20200904-122058_Robinhood.jpg

Added CHWY to my Roth. Small 5 share position just to open it up. $61 is a good entry point IMO for the long term. Might add more before earnings next week if they drop more.

COVID doggos will PUMP this stock after earnings but it might fall more before then.
I’ve actually been bouncing back and forth on that one today. Just nervous about earnings next week. Grabbed 5 shares of PYPL and 192.82 and raised my stop just now to break even. Let’s hope it doesn’t hit would like to swing this one next week.
Edit: stopped. Bleh. I might jump back in.

I’ve actually been bouncing back and forth on that one today. Just nervous about earnings next week. Grabbed 5 shares of PYPL and 192.82 and raised my stop just now to break even. Let’s hope it doesn’t hit would like to swing this one next week.
Edit: stopped. Bleh. I might jump back in.
I was on the fence too for the past month. Then I went to a party last night where TWO people brought dogs they just adopted in the past few months "because [they] have so much time now" to either "put all my manic energy into a dog" or "adopt a little pupper since [they've] been wanting one foreverrrrr."

That was 2 out of maybe 20 people that were there. 10% of the population adopting dogs = CHWY at $120 next year?

Yes my math and sample size are dumb af. But that experience sealed it.

I was on the fence too for the past month. Then I went to a party last night where TWO people brought dogs they just adopted in the past few months "because [they] have so much time now" to either "put all my manic energy into a dog" or "adopt a little pupper since [they've] been wanting one foreverrrrr."

That was 2 out of maybe 20 people that were there. 10% of the population adopting dogs = CHWY at $120 next year?

**** you make a strong bull case. I see boxes nonstop when I go for a walk.

This is actually how I started buying shares of Square a few years ago. Everywhere I went I saw their products and figured that they had to be doing something right. This was pre Cash App days.

Just picked up 10 shares of APPL & 5 shares of TSLA.

My biggest trade(s) so far (I’m a newbie)

F it, can’t keep letting this ride pass me by

More so for Apple than Tesla, but don’t let short term price movements in these two names scare you into selling to early. Unless you need the cash, ignore the price of these stocks for the next year or so before you make a decision to exit the position. I sold shares of solid companies way to early just because there was a 10% to 20% move in their price and I couldn’t stomach seeing my position 20% in the red.

More so for Apple than Tesla, but don’t let short term price movements in these two names scare you into selling to early. Unless you need the cash, ignore the price of these stocks for the next year or so before you make a decision to exit the position. I sold shares of solid companies way to early just because there was a 10% to 20% move in their price and I couldn’t stomach seeing my position 20% in the red.

Appreciate the advice!

**** you make a strong bull case. I see boxes nonstop when I go for a walk.
This is also on top of my sister also adopting a dog in June (not because of COVID, she was on a breeders list for a year), who also had recurring Chewy boxes. Like, I know people expect good news to be priced in, but at this point I'm looking at that term like ItS pRiCeD iN. $100 end of year after their next earnings (not this upcoming one) and COVID 2: Election Lockdown Boogaloo.

This is actually how I started buying shares of Square a few years ago. Everywhere I went I saw their products and figured that they had to be doing something right. This was pre Cash App days.
Yeah man. Due dilligence on thr ground.

Back in the iphone 3g - iphone 5 days, I would go to the local Apple stores and ask about the staff's perspective about the iphone sales e.g. always restocking, if the new gen seemed to sell more, was the lineup longer this year on opening days etc.

Swung my APPL calls. Took a bit of a hit but I think it still has some room to run. I have two weeks until they expire but I'm gonna see what next week brings.

This is also on top of my sister also adopting a dog in June (not because of COVID, she was on a breeders list for a year), who also had recurring Chewy boxes. Like, I know people expect good news to be priced in, but at this point I'm looking at that term like ItS pRiCeD iN. $100 end of year after their next earnings (not this upcoming one) and COVID 2: Election Lockdown Boogaloo.
Might grab some if we gap down next week. I use them and love their service.

buy what you know is the oldest adage on the street. It’s what brought be to the goat Beckytrade of Pinterest. Then looked into it and Becky did her job for me.

I’ve been reading the O’Neil book again this week and looking at crwd man this has the makings of a Star in it fundamentally. Look at the sales and eps growth. Anything over 50% is considered electric. $300 stock in 3-5 years of this growth continues
1599251314029.png

Back
Top Bottom