OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Doubt NFLX gives the green light to being acquired.

Or maybe they see they're at the end of their runway?

Netflix isn't going anywhere. It's the premiere service. But being bought out is a possibility. Could see Microsoft or Disney doing it.

Last edited:
Looking for some high dividend yield stocks.

i have SNR...
Look into dividend aristocrats. High dividends aren't always sustainable, especially if there's a big headwind for a company or sector (see oil companies), so it's usually a safe bet to look into companies that offer consistent dividends. My personal choice is still GD, with the positive A&D outlook and their specific positioning in that industry.

Speaking on Netflix, I hope they don't get bought out. Their prospects for the future seem damn good, despite any competition from Amazon or Hulu or anyone else. Netflix is a household name at this point, and they're only going to grow larger and command more market share. Short term customer purges will blow over, and chances are the majority will come back at some point. If anyone can buy them, it'll be for a big premium.

Last edited:
I had a bunch from 16.40s and sold in 18s for a couple points like a month ago before the gap up. Smh. What's your average?

22ish I believe.

I've been lazy about trading the past few months. Keep telling myself I'll get rid of TWTR once I'm in the green, yet I dont.

Kudos to everyone who short the garbage company that is TWTR

HQY performing as expected --
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Well with these sky high PE stocks, growth is #1. If that comes into question, then down she goes, regardless of any other statistic.
The thing that I'm harping on, is that NFLX is undershooting guidance a la Apple, and then going to easily beat next earnings. We've seen this before. Netflix aint slowing down any time soon. Analysts might have had lofty expectations at 3.5 million new customers for this Q, but it's clear that 2 million is too low. They'll smash that with their worldwide expansion.
I'll take my cookie now, thank you :lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: jjs
NFLX is one of the FANG stocks.

Midas whale just hold onto the position as companies move towards innovation, changing the future, etc.

Last edited:
I'm not selling. Anything I buy is for long, long term. I believe Netflix is capitalizing the digitalization of media better than any other player out there, including Amazon and will continue to use their scale to outpace others in growth, in every way (subscribers, revenue, content hours etc). To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see Netflix work out a live streaming deal with someone like the NBA to broadcast their product internationally in a few years, so long as the NFL/Twitter thing works out. More of a hope tbh since they're holding steady on only producing shows and movies, but they're working towards making live streaming a possibility (as long as they build the needed infrastructure).

I'm not selling. Anything I buy is for long, long term. I believe Netflix is capitalizing the digitalization of media better than any other player out there, including Amazon and will continue to use their scale to outpace others in growth, in every way (subscribers, revenue, content hours etc). To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see Netflix work out a live streaming deal with someone like the NBA to broadcast their product internationally in a few years, so long as the NFL/Twitter thing works out. More of a hope tbh since they're holding steady on only producing shows and movies, but they're working towards making live streaming a possibility (as long as they build the needed infrastructure).
Agreed, I recently spoke to an investor who said that the smartest people come from all over the world to work at the FANG companies.

If anything, investing in people and innovation is a positive.

I remember the time in 2009, when Netflix was at around $33 a share. I asked some friends to gather some money together, but nope, never got in.

I remember the time in 2009, when Netflix was at around $33 a share. I asked some friends to gather some money together, but nope, never got in.
We all have those stories :lol: Learning experiences man.

I'm curious if NFLX will launch a new run based off last quarters results. Higher guidance than expected, Disney movies hitting, subscriber churn should be pretty much done, and more international expansion by footprint and content... all could do good things to finish out the year.

INTC and YHOO today, and GS beat this morning. Yahoo's interesting to me since Mayer isn't having any Analyst call after results are released.

INTC and YHOO today, and GS beat this morning. Yahoo's interesting to me since Mayer isn't having any Analyst call after results are released.
Yahoo became a more garbage company under Mayer's regime. Despicable what she did to it.

PYPL though  
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom