OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Hi, still a bit of a newbie here. Question for the vets and those who have a good nose here.

How do you guys go about picking stocks? The sea is just so vast. It seems that the tickers mentioned are usually known amongst you guys.
Are these primarily tips, TA, FA or personal DD?
How do you determine the difference between a short or long hold? Or are these things just determined by your DD and limits previously set?

Im been making myself more familiar with Chart Patterns to understand good entry and exit points as well as when a ticker is moving past resistance, but again everything is just so vast. Im just having a hard time narrowing things and picking. Anaysis/Choice Paralysis

I have only invested in a couple stocks RN, 1 current position. Admittedly I was gaining on one and then lost a decent bit and shelled up in response to educate myself more.

FSLY needs to hold 76.55. Dips against there with a tight stop are great r/r. That fails, 65 is the next stop potentially. Fml. Earnings were great :lol:

Anyone else following SWBI? Would have figured the recent NRA news may have had a negative impact but so far it doesn't look like it's been affected too much. Gun sales and background checks have been up the past few months, and from the looks of it at this rate if Biden wins the election and the democrats take control of the senate they will likely go even higher due to fears of more restrictions.

Hi, still a bit of a newbie here. Question for the vets and those who have a good nose here.

How do you guys go about picking stocks? The sea is just so vast. It seems that the tickers mentioned are usually known amongst you guys.
How do you determine the difference between a short or long hold? Or are these things just determined by your DD and limits previously set?

Im been making myself more familiar with Chart Patterns to understand good entry and exit points as well as when a ticker is moving past resistance, but again everything is just so vast. Im just having a hard time narrowing things and picking. Anaysis/Choice Paralysis

I have only invested in a couple stocks RN, 1 current position. Admittedly I was gaining on one and then lost a decent bit and shelled up in response to educate myself more.
Find stocks with real growth. Scroll back and look for the tweet I posted about Etsy's earnings report. Look at this DDOG thread below. You want high growth stocks that are early in their growth cycle. Look at FSLY's earnings report.
Conversely, for more mature names, look at AMD, CHGG, AAPL and AMZN's ER's. You want to see earnings like that. Grab the O'Neill book, learn about CANSLIM.

Honestly these days, technical analysis, value investing, anything that's been tried and tested, it's all thrown out the window. These times are chaos. The best bet I can say is: look into industries/sectors that interest you, companies you understand, and companies that have an advantage in some way over competition. Lastly, momentum. The markets are moving higher in spite of the continuous terrible world news. Dont fight it, but be ready for things to flip at the drop of a hat.

The megacaps are easy choices because they have so many advantages over competition, and money flows to them because they're safer than others. If you arent sure what to do with your money, these companies have delivered and will continue to, assuming Congress doesnt break them up. Stay away from companies whose entire brand is built on reputation. These die the easiest.

Finally, go ALL IN on Becky. White girls always buy. ETSY, PINS, LULU, ULTA, PTON, MTCH to an extent, anything that's targeted to the millenial and zoomer white girls will succeed over the long term :pimp:

I downloaded the PTON app and did a free trial. Bruh. Those classes are actually really good, why would you pay for a trainer and a gym membership unless you're a brolic broskie or in bad shape? Really liking that product.

Anyone else following SWBI? Would have figured the recent NRA news may have had a negative impact but so far it doesn't look like it's been affected too much. Gun sales and background checks have been up the past few months, and from the looks of it at this rate if Biden wins the election and the democrats take control of the senate they will likely go even higher due to fears of more restrictions.

$SWBI, $BGFV, $YETI, $DKS, $CWH :emoji_fire: since Spring
*male version of johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm Betty List :lol:

I downloaded the PTON app and did a free trial. Bruh. Those classes are actually really good, why would you pay for a trainer and a gym membership unless you're a brolic broskie or in bad shape? Really liking that product.
As soon as I saw the Peleton thread on NT I knew they would blow up. Becky delivering even on NT general :pimp:

Alright guys finally finally have a weekday off after 4 months straight work.

Going to spend a few hours doing stocks research today. Here’s my context:

-Want to buy a house in 3 years
-Have 45k sitting in cash to invest
-Want to split it up between 5-6 stocks and invest today via Robinhood. Will not touch it for 3 years
-So...looking for high growth over 3 years (with appropriate risk). Not necessarily explosive. 25% YoY goal.
-Will invest $1,000 into QQQ every week from here on out for the next 3 years.

NT help me pick 5-6 stocks. Any tips for stocks that fit the context would be greatly appreciated

I've never tried PTON or really any workout classes, but my wife has belonged to a gym here in Denver for years and they've been doing the classes online - and she prefers online now. Hooks up the Chromecast to the TV to stream from her computer, rips the workout off, and then done. No driving back and forth, no breathing in all the stank air of fellow people working out... Starting to wonder why you would ever want to go back into a gym

Back
Top Bottom