OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

From my very own experience, Telehealth is the move.
I work at the hospital. I had a allergic reaction at work and was wondering if I could just rush to the emergency room. I called the emergency room to book a same day appointment but did not have a time slot for another 6 hours. I hopped on the health app, click urgent care, and schedule the earliest appointment for tele health video. I skipped all tele prompts and got immediate attention. He was going to prescribe me benedryl but because it was spreading he told me to just come into the hospital so I can receive a steroid shot.
Most people know why they are sick and just need a prescription. Telehealth can save you a lot of time. I honestly don’t see myself needed to go to a doctor in person unless it was necessary.

I feel like a cluck coppin IPOE for hella when mad ppl in here were hyping it 🤦🏾‍♂️ Still holding for now tho
ugh.

don't just buy into a company because people gassing it up in here. take it and do your own research and if you have that belief then buy it. if you break even you just gonna sell it? also, every single growth stock is getting murdered.

i don't believe we're at the bottom. :emoji_disappointed: becareful of bulltraps.

So basically you think we're at post tech bubble range where growth is gonna give it all back in 6-12 months?
I think equities have priced in growth for the most part. There are a few here and there that might be worth a look but not many. It remains to be seen whether prices will revert back to REALISTIC growth or if people just hold in perpetuity. You cant be running 40% revenue growth year over year, and your stock price reflect 100% year over year growth for the next 10 years lol. Or better yet, no growth because you are new but showing billions in valuation lol. If you break down the technicals on some of these tech stocks they are simply egregious. Tesla is the biggest perp. Tesla has to take over the world to justify its current price. They just might do that but even in the car space you are seeing significant competition.

Do basic ratios even hold the same weight they used to when trying to value companies? It feels like 2020 changed the landscape of investing and trading and the old rules are either out the window or being rewritten.

Could we correct back to "normalcy?" Sure. But when and why try to time it?
I dont disagree that investing has turned more speculative. It is not unprecedented, but we are certainly in a situation where the stock price of companies does not reflect anything close to even the most bullish predictions.

My point has been that basic ratios aren't like the old man saying get off my lawn lol. They are based on company financial performance. A stock price should reflect a company's financial performance and future estimates of growth. The problem today is that EVERY stock has ALL THE GROWTH built-in as if we are going to somehow double our economic output. Even Trump pre-covid couldn't do that and we are rolling into an administration that is less concerned with economic performance in the short to medium term.

I think equities have priced in growth for the most part. There are a few here and there that might be worth a look but not many. It remains to be seen whether prices will revert back to REALISTIC growth or if people just hold in perpetuity. You cant be running 40% revenue growth year over year, and your stock price reflect 100% year over year growth for the next 10 years lol. Or better yet, no growth because you are new but showing billions in valuation lol. If you break down the technicals on some of these tech stocks they are simply egregious. Tesla is the biggest perp. Tesla has to take over the world to justify its current price. They just might do that but even in the car space you are seeing significant competition.

Where is this significant competition?

Where is this significant competition?
To Tesla? Literally every single car manufacturer lol. Every single one. You (not you, just in general) are a complete buffoon if you think the legacy dealers are going to just chalk up the L and not compete in the electric age. Not to mention new entrants. Tesla has a first-mover advantage, but that is about it. Their runway is 3 years max in the car market. So their value has to be derived from somewhere else. Again, I am not saying they cant justify their price, but they REALLY REALLY have to hit homerun after homerun.

To Tesla? Literally every single car manufacturer lol. Every single one. You (not you, just in general) are a complete buffoon if you think the legacy dealers are going to just chalk up the L and not compete in the electric age. Not to mention new entrants. Tesla has a first-mover advantage, but that is about it. Their runway is 3 years max in the car market. So their value has to be derived from somewhere else. Again, I am not saying they cant justify their price, but they REALLY REALLY have to hit homerun after homerun.
There’s other companies coming too. Bullish on the space generally, but what is Tesla’s competitive advantage right now outside of being first to market? Eventually, someone is going to make an EV at a price point more affordable to the working class person too.

There’s going to be so much action in this space over the next 5-15 years.

Ok. So it’s coming. Not here yet.

How long did it take tesla to get here?

what other auto manufacturer makes their own batteries?

legacy will try. Indont think theybwill get very far before packing it up or getting bailouts. They have too much dead weight and debt. This is just the car biz

Branding advantage as well. Plus the fact that its surefire tech whereas legacy car manufacturers don't have that. Branding advantage is super important. Like how every tablet is called an "iPad" or its "Google it" and not "Ask Jeeves"

No lol you gotta do what works best for your risk tolerance
Facts. Too much short termism in here I feel like a broken record, but you guys need to figure out what your risk profile is, allocate to that, and leave it be.

As an example I am 100% equities now, and I will be forever, and at most I will go 20% bonds when I'm old. Thats it.

AI driving and infrastructure is what Tesla has on others. Unmatched amounts of data, the largest and best charging infrastructure, the name and face behind the brand. They're the Apple of EVs (not to say Apple wont be there in 3 years). They have the whole package and make it look slick and easy. Nobody will match TSLA as a one-stop electric power manufacturer. Could the see their market share diluted? Yeah. Will it affect them as a company and stock? Not imo.

Facts. Too much short termism in here I feel like a broken record, but you guys need to figure out what your risk profile is, allocate to that, and leave it be.

As an example I am 100% equities now, and I will be forever, and at most I will go 20% bonds when I'm old. Thats it.
Fax. I havent sold a single share of the stocks I own, unless it's to rotate into a larger position. Where will we be in a year? A couple years? Retirement? This current meltdown won't even be remembered in a couple months, assuming we dont crash hard into a bear market.

I’ve rebalanced my book a couple of times and I’ll admit I’ve overtraded this entire correction. I was too long in too many places and I definitely wasn’t feeling comfortable anymore. I cut my allocation in TDOC to 5% and that makes me feel much more comfortable. I love telehealth and remote monitoring, but the stock itself is broken and can’t find a bid (along with the market) and I can’t be stressing over things. I’ve got room here to buy more ROKU, add into JMIA again, start a FTCH position, buy more FSLY, get long CURI via stock again or buy more HAAC. I could do a lot and that flexibility leaves me feeling comfortable and less worried and stressed.

AI driving and infrastructure is what Tesla has on others. Unmatched amounts of data, the largest and best charging infrastructure, the name and face behind the brand. They're the Apple of EVs (not to say Apple wont be there in 3 years). They have the whole package and make it look slick and easy. Nobody will match TSLA as a one-stop electric power manufacturer. Could the see their market share diluted? Yeah. Will it affect them as a company and stock? Not imo.

Ding ding ding. This here is it!!!

Y'all have completely missed the boat on Tesla if you think it's just about the electric vehicles.

The amount of data alone that Tesla has puts it well ahead of any other vehicle maker as far as autonomous driving is concerned. They are far ahead of anyone else.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom