Official Super Bowl XLVIII Thread: The Massacre at MetLife: Congrats Seattle Seahawks

Who Will Win Super Bowl XLVIII?

• Denver Broncos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The more I think about it, I can't see Seattle losing this game.

Sucks because I wanted #2 for Peyton.

The more I think about it, I can't see Seattle losing this game.

Sucks because I wanted #2 for Peyton.

I liked the raw number.
If the line goes up to 3 or so im buying the hook and unloading. To me..I wasn't impressed beating a conservative charger tm and depleted pats tm at home....to me...the den wrs dont really get seperation and knowshon/ball may be semi pedestrian. I know..no 12th man but I checked the forecast for NY/NJ and at 630 est it should be in the 20s. Lynch/sea D with russ making enough plays will keep em in it. Now..my initial lean was den till I thought about the matchups and saw the weather. Wouldnt surprise me either way but I like and see value at sea+3.5......

Im curious to how sea integrates percy. The way I see it.....the best defense den faced all yr was KCs and hali was banged up and if im not mistaken, justin houston did NOT play. I believe the sea defense will be somewhat of a rude awakening.

Ppl are saying dens run D is good to very good....im not too sure. Alot of tms abandoned the run against them so rushing yds against is a bit misleading. Again....stopping matthews and blount at home dont convince me theyll stop lynch.
Seas D did what they usually do vs the likes of the saints twice (granted at home) and the suddenly clicking 9ers. In the process shutting down jimmy graham and v.davis.

Im gonna call a 27-24 gm either way....which is why I like sea+3.5(buying the hook).

Diggin the new avy Deadset.
laugh.gif

DSA...

... bruh! 
laugh.gif

Love avy bets. 
smokin.gif
900x900px-LL-49ddb6ef_spongebobbroncoshat.png

laugh.gif

@franc what did we say? until after the Super Bowl?

@@franc...sig/avy bet?
nerd.gif
im game.

how long does the loser have to keep the sig/avy change for
nerd.gif
. my suggestion, until 1 week after the superbowl (feb 9th).
that sounds good. done deal.

*e-handshake*
computer-handshake.jpg

funny-soon-spongebob.gif

moreno listed day to day. that is huge. ball better not fumble
mad.gif

Seattles D-line will get to the statue known as Peyton Manning. He will have to get rid of the ball quickly every snap, or be mobile :smile:x) against the likes of Michael Bennett, Cliff Avril, Chris Clemons, etc.

I can see the Seahawks getting quick slanted repeatedly to death, but I just dont think it will be enough to pull out a win in the end.

*bump*

Still not sure!

Seahawks away from home, obviously they're not terrible (or anywhere close), but home games are where they're obviously most impressive. And the Super Bowl is obviously an away game.

But Peyton's cold weather numbers compared to warmer numbers.

I don't know, man.

I WANT to say Peyton... but I FEEL like Seattle comes through.

Last edited:
So ready for the game I think it's going to be an epic matchup. The city is buzzing here in seattle. Can't wait for Sunday, go hawks!

SUPER BOWL WEEKEND!!!

LET'S GGGOOOOOOO!!!!

For most S&Ters, Super Bowl Sunday is like a legitimate holiday, right?

Not just me, right?

smokin.gif

Super Bowl fun facts:

Teams wearing white jerseys have won 8 of the last 9 Super Bowls.
Seahawks wearing white for SB XLVIII.

Peyton Manning is 0-4 in playoff games with a kickoff temperature below 40 degrees.
High of 51 degrees projected for Sunday in East Rutherford. Highest temperature in the next 5 days.

27.5 O/U on Manning saying Omaha.
He used the cadence 31 times in the AFC Championship.

Fox and PC were both assistance coaches at ISU at one point.
1984 and 1978 respectively.

Welker averages more receptions in the Super Bowl than anyone in NFL history.
Addai second with 8.5, Rice third with 8.25.
Potential Super Bowl MVP dark horse besides the obvious Manning.

Broncos lead the all-time series against the Seahawks 34-18.
5-2 Denver advantage since 2000.

4 players have played in a SB previously for Denver.
Peyton, DRC, Tamme, Welker.
None for Seattle.

I work but hopefully I won't have to stay there long and will only miss a quarter or two.

I just don't see broncos winning this mann. Hawks match up perfectly with em. First super bowl win plus cash tomorrow yalllll

Back
Top Bottom