**Official SXSW thread March 18-22nd**

Originally Posted by DJ Entendre

Alchemiss wrote:

Originally Posted by DJ Entendre

Ay, for anyone who has been do I have to pay for each show? I hear that I need to buy a wristband or something to be able to see the shows? I already know about the $700 passes but I cant find anything on any wristbands...

What area are you in? If you're in the Austin area:
http://wristbands.sxsw.com/
Some dope free parties by KnuckleRumbler:
Thursday: Mickey Factz, Brother Ali, Charles Hamilton, Blue & Exile, Tanya Morgan, Curren$y, Blue Scholars
Friday: Lady Sovereign, Theophilus London, Janelle Monae..

RSVP here: www.knucklerumbler.com

I'm located in Houston
smh @ me being 19 and most of the venues being 21+... will they really card?

Damn yeah I think so.. there's gonna be other parties though that I don't think will be strict like that

I have lived in Austin since 1989 and have yet to attend. I may go get it in at the TSS party. Maybe rock my NT shirt ...

yeah ima head over and grab a drink with gotty. kept me paid through highschool
smokin.gif
@ sneakersdot
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
more free food/alc here... FREEEEEE STUFFFF

word to illfrozn

word to illfrozn

laugh.gif
Thanks for posting the link. Looks like a bunch is getting started this week/weekend. Thursday, I've got Adele and on Friday, I've got T.I., so Iwont be able to party this weekend, but it would've been nice. Oh well, RSVP'd for the TSS/NahRight, so looks like I'll be at at least one SXSWjoint ...

I shall be in Cap City to catch a couple of shows, last year was my first time and it was dope, so i'm to see much doper stuff this year. I don't knowwhat it is about the ATX but cats seem to put on better shows there, i don't know what it is...

prolly get caught up in the hype of austin calling itself "the live music capital of the world" and feel they gotta bring their A-game

Originally Posted by illfrozn

word to illfrozn

laugh.gif
Thanks for posting the link. Looks like a bunch is getting started this week/weekend. Thursday, I've got Adele and on Friday, I've got T.I., so I wont be able to party this weekend, but it would've been nice. Oh well, RSVP'd for the TSS/NahRight, so looks like I'll be at at least one SXSW joint ...

*EDit nevermind I already RSVPd for that lol.

The Fader Fort 09 RSVP: http://www.thefader.com/pages/rsvp/levi-s-the-fader-present-the-fort

If you are looking for a free party come to Lucky Lounge on the 20th.. No wristbands necessary... DOPE line up and a few surprise guests coming through as well
l_734adc0e6c8843afa9ae9945ff14ba09.jpg

good thread. music festival is almost here!

This will be my 3rd time making the trip from
San Antonio. SXSW
pimp.gif

If you're coming down RSVP for Levi's Fader Fort, it's completely free

Saturday's Line up Includes:

6:00 - 6:25 Rick Ross

6:45 - 7:10 Jadakiss

8:30 - 11:00 Good Music with Kid Cudi, Big Sean, GLC, Consequence, Really Doe, Tony Williams, Mr. Hudson and special guests
nerd.gif
Kanye?

The way they handled it last year was that you come by they check your ID and give you a wristband. After you have the wristband you can come and go as you please. If you can, get your band on the first day they open (Wednesday)

mad.gif
@ just now seeing this thread.

gopflyer05.jpg

B.o.B., Mickey Factz, Blu & Exile, Curren$y, Charles Hamilton, Buff1, Blue Scholars, Tanya Morgan, Brother Ali, Black Spade, Nato Caliph & RockwellKnuckles. A few more cats are gonna roll through as things progress. Should be fun & one of the only good Hip-Hop shows poppin on Friday.

Direct link for more info -- http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2009/03/the-grand-ole-party-of-bootleggers-tastemakers

RSVP here -- http://knucklerumbler.com/bootleggersandtastemakers

I'll be around & I'll try post some type of update/description on the site so cats can see who to be looking for. Come holler @ your folks &enjoy the festivities.

A couple of questions about the Fader/Levi's joint:

1. I RSVP'd and I'm going to try and pick up my wristband today. Will the wristband get me access to all shows this week (specifically Saturday's)?
2. What time should I show up for the show on Saturday?
3. This should have been my first question, but act first, ask questions last. Is the Fader/Levi's event open to the public (w/ RSVP) or do I need to haveSXSW pass?

1. Access to all the Levi's/Fader shows, yeah.
2. I'm gonna get there about 1-1.5 hrs before the Jada performance. Even I don't like the performance, I'll just start drinking
laugh.gif

3. Yeah, it's free, no SXSW wristband/badge needed. Just RSVP.

1. Access to all the Levi's/Fader shows, yeah.
2. I'm gonna get there about 1-1.5 hrs before the Jada performance. Even I don't like the performance, I'll just start drinking
laugh.gif

3. Yeah, it's free, no SXSW wristband/badge needed. Just RSVP.

eek.gif
yo... how sure are you of this homey??? cuz im about to pack my ishhh ndrive there now if this is true... i assumed that u needed a sxsw wristband/badge to get the FaderFort wristband.

I have another question: on the RSVP it stated that you could bring 1 guest, but my shorty cannot be in Austin until Friday... so can i pick up her wristband(my guest) for her? or does she need to be there with me when i go get them?

Yeah it's free. No badges, bands, etc. I didn't pick mine up yet cause I'm too drunk and too far on 6th to walk there (closes in 30 for band pickup). Ill be there at 1pm tomorrow and can let you know if they'll let you pick up for your guest.

They start giving out bands at 10am and I'm gonna get mine then. if you wanna inbox me your # or email ill hit up up asap about whether you can get 2 atonce.

No, you can NOT get your wristband for your guest. They told me yesterday that they must be with you to get their band. They put your band on you to wear rightthen and there also.

I tried to pick mine up yesterday, but have to go back today, because my RSVP had not gone through yet. I waited in line about 10, 15 minutes, but after Iarrived, the line got even longer. I'm planning to go around 12:30 today ...

Get your wristband for Fader EARLY!! I went yesterday, got there like 10 min before they opened (1250) and by 1 the line was DUMB long.. and also if you have a+1 make sure your guest is with you! See you all around today. if anyone wants to meet up hit me on email eyerismusic@gmail.com . I will def be at Back AlleySocial for a while tonight, one of the biggest hip hop line ups there.

Back
Top Bottom