***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Only people from the 1st season have really done anything
only name that comes to mind is tommy helm

My cousin just got tattooed by a guy named Fred Flores.

10747876_579483948847033_2049855588_n.jpg

This dude is pretty sick but he tends to really use dark blacks. It's a unique look and probably not for everyone but talented nonetheless.

10731699_1485766121696900_531621686_n.jpg
10617064_361321724017862_184602287_n.jpg
924560_820476707992960_360355451_n.jpg
1922344_764224463642319_1400749795_n.jpg
925518_688256037908596_2062290185_n.jpg

http://instagram.com/fred_flores?modal=true

Last edited:
just checked out Fred Flores' portfolio..my goodness, his portrait work is impeccable.

ink master is my
show. I agree this seasons cast sucks. there isn't anyone really knocking tattoos out of the park. the acting is so bad on it I wish they just tattooed and that was it

They probably are. The top people acting like they're alphas when they look good because the other people suck so much. TLC was no better when they didn't even try to hide that their tattoo shows were fake.

Progress. 3 hours of coloring and a few new lines. Next session are going to be some more flowers and the rest of the armor.

like an idiot i started my own thread without searching first, but can you guys give me some direction with arabic script tattoos ? been wanting to get both of my kids names in arabic script on my wrist for a while now but im having hard time finding a generator or something online that looks authentic .

any artist with advice on this ? any resident nt artist ? much help is appreciated ... 

Just go research an artist whos good wih lined. A decent shop will have someone who does good line work, and thats all you need for a basic script tattoo.

All the research you need to do is making sure the translation is correct, then find an artist decent at lined and youll be set. Dont need to go to anyone fancy.

My bday is on the 27th, but last night, I just got the outlining done on my present from my gf:

References I have the tattooist:
- state flag (bear + red/white/green need to be prominent)
- something w/ 909, around where the 909 would be on the tat
- beach
- Lakers
- Angels
- palm tree
- COLOR

My next session will be shading, where lots of color will make it pop. Orange and pink and blue and yellow in the sky, green and brown tree, yellow and purple Lakers umbrella, red and white and gray Angels beach ball, Dodger colored 909 umbrella, red/white/green flag... can't wait.

Where do you guys get the inspiratation or idea for the tattoos you choose to get? I only have two, one of Jesus nailed on the cross with the words save me on my upper arm. Got it when I was 19 and was dealing with battles of living in the world vs church/religon. I felt lost so I decided to get that.

The other is my wife's name on my wrist. I'm not big on memorial type tats, or faces of loved ones etc. Other than the Jesus tat, I havent had any life situations that warrant a tattoo.

I want something on my arm, but I just have no clue what to get that is original. My goal was a sleeve, but I don't want to copy what someone else has, especially if it doesn't have any meaning to me. Someone suggested I go to a tattoo shop, and ask the artis to freestyle some things, or show me his/her art book and pic something out. Is that process normal? I couldn't see myself or anyone else going to a tattoo shop with no clue what they want and picking out designs. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but I really don't know.

How much of it is deep meaning and how much is just art?

Inspiration comes from alot of things Bro. Only have 2 tattoos as well (they are large though). A double headed axe on my right arm and leopard in armor on my back that is in progress. The axe is a religious tattoo representing a diety in the Yoruba religion. The leopard has religious and personal meanings but I got the inspiration from one of my favorite artist Yo****aka Amano. Overall I wanted something masculine and beautiful at the same time and the piece that inspired me was badass.

From what I understand people draw inspiration from alot of things. I have a 50+ year old friend that is tatted from head to toe. All his tattoos have a story and alot come from his spirituality. But then I know people that just have tattoos of things just because. Others who have art pieces that just inspire them

I would just ask myself a few questions before getting ink.

-Will I be proud of it.
-Will I always relate or identify with the tattoo.
-Will this Tat affect my career. (I really want a neck tattoo but I cant limit my career right now)
- When I look at the tat will it always make me happy.

To draw inspiration for your situation I would check out stuff online (tumblr instagram etc). Check out your local artist and see the style they have and if you enjoy it. Also check the people that are far away as well. You can go to shop for consultation but that may run you some excess cash just to brainstorm. There's nothing wrong with it. People do it all the time. To get a better idea about what you want figure out what you identify with that you would love to turn into a piece of art that will last forever.

Where do you guys get the inspiratation or idea for the tattoos you choose to get? I only have two, one of Jesus nailed on the cross with the words save me on my upper arm. Got it when I was 19 and was dealing with battles of living in the world vs church/religon. I felt lost so I decided to get that.

The other is my wife's name on my wrist. I'm not big on memorial type tats, or faces of loved ones etc. Other than the Jesus tat, I havent had any life situations that warrant a tattoo.

I want something on my arm, but I just have no clue what to get that is original. My goal was a sleeve, but I don't want to copy what someone else has, especially if it doesn't have any meaning to me. Someone suggested I go to a tattoo shop, and ask the artis to freestyle some things, or show me his/her art book and pic something out. Is that process normal? I couldn't see myself or anyone else going to a tattoo shop with no clue what they want and picking out designs. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but I really don't know.

Tattoos definitely have special meaning to me.

And I have a friend that has a ton of tats, and some of them were just where he walked in a shop, wanted like a peace sign or a FTW or something simple, so he got it. I could never do that, but that's him. My girlfriend has a couple pieces, but she's not all 'super meaning' when it comes to tats. That's her.

Only 2 pieces I have are my son's name on the outside of my lower leg, and I just got started on the Cali piece you see up above. And in both cases, like, I wanted what I wanted but I wasn't super sure about how it would look... then as soon as they put the stencil on my body, I smiled so big and loved the way it looked.

You are original; think about how. You've got your religion on you and your wife's name. What else is important to you? Honestly, if it's something that seems unimportant to everyone else, like basketball or getting money or music or something else that seems small to other people but is a huge part of your own life, ink it.

Just throw the originality card out the window. Almost ever tattoo has been done to a certain degree so no matter what you do, you will set yourself up for regret if you have this mindset.

Getting a tattoo doesn;t have to be as epic as people make it out. I learned this through time. I know people hate the idea of getting typical tattoos but I rather love those tattoo way more than anything original or even meaningful. For me, the difference is if done right, traditional tattoos just last the test of time. I'd get a classic Japanese or even sailor tattoo over super meaningful. No hate but sometimes those tattoos just don't look right to me. I know a guy that has 3 kids and got their hand print on his body. I know that is something so personal but bottom line, it really just doesn't look appealing at all.

Also, meaning is really in the eye of the beholder. A tattoo doesn't personally have to reflect the meaning. A tattoo can have meaning in just when it was done. I am sure when I get older, I will look at my arm and realize that I got that when I was in my 20's and just reflect one my life at that time. That is almost meaning a enough to me.

Just throw the originality card out the window. Almost ever tattoo has been done to a certain degree so no matter what you do, you will set yourself up for regret if you have this mindset.

Getting a tattoo doesn;t have to be as epic as people make it out. I learned this through time. I know people hate the idea of getting typical tattoos but I rather love those tattoo way more than anything original or even meaningful. For me, the difference is if done right, traditional tattoos just last the test of time. I'd get a classic Japanese or even sailor tattoo over super meaningful. No hate but sometimes those tattoos just don't look right to me. I know a guy that has 3 kids and got their hand print on his body. I know that is something so personal but bottom line, it really just doesn't look appealing at all.

Also, meaning is really in the eye of the beholder. A tattoo doesn't personally have to reflect the meaning. A tattoo can have meaning in just when it was done. I am sure when I get older, I will look at my arm and realize that I got that when I was in my 20's and just reflect one my life at that time. That is almost meaning a enough to me.
Pretty much agree completely. 

Tattoos definitely have special meaning to me.

And I have a friend that has a ton of tats, and some of them were just where he walked in a shop, wanted like a peace sign or a FTW or something simple, so he got it. I could never do that, but that's him. My girlfriend has a couple pieces, but she's not all 'super meaning' when it comes to tats. That's her.

Only 2 pieces I have are my son's name on the outside of my lower leg, and I just got started on the Cali piece you see up above. And in both cases, like, I wanted what I wanted but I wasn't super sure about how it would look... then as soon as they put the stencil on my body, I smiled so big and loved the way it looked.

You are original; think about how. You've got your religion on you and your wife's name. What else is important to you? Honestly, if it's something that seems unimportant to everyone else, like basketball or getting money or music or something else that seems small to other people but is a huge part of your own life, ink it.
I feel you on that..I can't get anything unless it means something to me and that's where my mindset is now...Trying to draw inspiration and think of something that I really really want.....

Back
Top Bottom