***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Homeboy's name is Chris @ Moon Sheen Tattoo in NYC.

I'm looking at his work and the simple stuff is cool, but beyond that, I'm not impressed. Very mehh.

Mind you I chose the shop based on another artist's work and the person wasn't there. But I didn't know that upon meeting him. Somehow I never got his name that night (that's my bad), but he had me under the impression that either he was the artist I mentioned or he was gonna pass the info along. But whatever, you can see his work and make your own judgment.

Last edited:
FOUND MY ARTIST ... Super Excited.

Consultation in a month.. Hope to have my first sitting in/done by September. :pimp:

Last edited:
Just adding to the feed. My cousin's work again. If any of you in the LA want some work from a nice guy, hit his shop up:

Dustin Yip - https://instagram.com/dustinyip/
skanvastattoo.com

10809018_838152192871932_426268095_n.jpg
10809730_858631127514240_1662924315_n.jpg
10843974_396182577198929_1577043572_n.jpg
10983688_673780176067763_83321997_n.jpg
10788003_214389528731591_2046411717_n.jpg
10693316_531219890354940_1612767746_n.jpg
10693341_1479532558981237_1258144274_n.jpg
10597392_440692796070666_724778931_n.jpg

I don't know man. Like I am a fan of black and white but just don't want it on me. I feel like it would totally just clash with what I have. Like my arm isn't the best but what makes it uniformed is I have only one sleeve on my whole entire body. If I got new ink, I'd have to get a jammer or start another sleeve and I really don't want to do either or and more so for money reasons. Plus I work a pretty corporate job and they know I have tattoos but think it's suitable cause I am asian and it's mostly asian stuff. They are that dumb that if I got some black and white that they;d think it's some LA gang stuff. You know how people get with tattoos. We'll see though. I am supposed to do a whole article on his shop soon for blog reasoning and even for some tattoo mags. I'd definitely have to get something then.

@Fongstarr dude, I've been watching since you started posting your cousins work and it gets substantially better every single time and he was pretty nice to begin with. I'm located in LA and will have to hit him up.

Can anyone recommend some good artists in the bay area?
What style are you looking into?
smile.gif

I recommend Tom Harley or Karen Roze of Sacred Rose Tattoo in Berkeley/Albany. They're pretty amazing. 

And if you're inclined to Japanese style tattoos, I recommend anybody from Diamond Club Tattoo in SF. Their instagram showcases some impressive stuff, and they're the nicest folks ever. I have a geisha done by Bill Salmon and I love it! <3

just wondering, fellas, how have your tattoos held up over the years in regards to fading. I've had my sleeves for 4-5 years and do a lot of outdoor running. just concerned that I'm gonna regret running outside when I'm 35 with faded ink :frown:

i put on a fair amount of sunblock each time but don't know how effective it'll be long term

shading and color still needs to be done. the pain for this was unbearable. the belly button is no joke. getting both ribs done as well. should be done around June

Dope as hell. That was an idea of mine for my back before I decided to go for my wolf. That def woudve filled in my back more though.

just wondering, fellas, how have your tattoos held up over the years in regards to fading. I've had my sleeves for 4-5 years and do a lot of outdoor running. just concerned that I'm gonna regret running outside when I'm 35 with faded ink :frown:

i put on a fair amount of sunblock each time but don't know how effective it'll be long term

It's inevitable. I mean that's like saying how can you prevent your skin from not wrinkling. Tattoos will eventually age no matter what. You can get the touch ups but also it depends on what your tattoo looks like. I find that touching up tattoos like Japanese or American style is easier just cause it's just hard outlines and color in the inside. Touching up black tattoos or shaded ones are tougher and almost better that you have your tattoo faded before getting it redone. My first tattoo is an all black tattoo and if it was ever redone, they could only darken it which would actually make it uglier.

What style are you looking into? :smile:

I recommend Tom Harley or Karen Roze of Sacred Rose Tattoo in Berkeley/Albany. They're pretty amazing. 

And if you're inclined to Japanese style tattoos, I recommend anybody from Diamond Club Tattoo in SF. Their instagram showcases some impressive stuff, and they're the nicest folks ever. I have a geisha done by Bill Salmon and I love it!

@picasso swerve

You know any decent artist in Nyc that won't break my bank account? That specializes in black&grey

Back
Top Bottom