***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

5831391770_d9f31847ec_o.jpg

never noticed he had a magneto tattoo...

Egyptian sleeve im working on with a friend of mines.. I have a few more session left to fill in the open spaces. I still don't kno if Im going with color or black ang grey yet tho..

So I met with the guy I was talking bout a few post ago. Real cool dude. Apparantly he is somewhat famous. Did not know that. He knew so much about tattooing on dark skin. Can't wait to start working with him. He told me to let him know when i plan on being on vacation so I can schedule a my tattoo appointment with him. No point booking it now since he is booked 2 months in advance.Cant wait!

Has anyone got any work at Lowrider Tattoo? I plan on getting inked by Miguel Ochoa or Noah Minuskin at the Fountain Valley location.

GOt some color done on my skull and colored the leaves. I'll post better pics hopefully today.

Crack.

Did not even know you had a skull there. Mind posting a pic of your entire arm bruh?

That Egyptian sleeve up there is pretty cool actually. I think the positiong of some elements could be better but of course its not done so ill save a final though for when it is. Go black and grey, dark skin and colors arent always great.

^^^^Man...this sounds lame dude but one of my light bulbs for my lamps went out and I hate taking pics indoors without it since the coloring on my pics turn out yellow. I freaking bought a bulb today too only to find out it doesn't fit. Hopefully I'll get some pics up tomorrow cause all my tattoos are practically healed. That Aquaphor does wonders. My last couple of tattoos all healed in about 2-3 days.

Edit: Here is a iPhone pic of my whole arm. You can kind of see how tattoos age with my Usugrow tattoo looking all faded and the others all bold and nice. Even the yellows in my skull gave it new life. Kind of like that actually since it is a 4 year old tattoo. Also you can see how much more work there is too. My inner shoulder needs a lot of fulling and my elbow needs shading and the dragon needs to be finished there. The only other space that hasn't really been though of is my inner bicep. Instead of filling it with windbars, I might get a severed samurai head or something that is Japanese anyways.

94d56eb0a0b511e2a74422000a1ddb8e_7.jpg

I wish I had the balls to tattoo my chest cause I just don't see myself doing it. The only other body parts I would do is my back or left arm. My back I just don't think I could afford, so realistically, I think the left arm would be where I would start to get more.

Last edited:
Been doing a lot of debating with my family about completing my full sleeve. Right now its a half, but I'm almost certain I'm gonna pull the trigger.

I ended up getting my half sleeve when I turned 21, told myself I'd think about the full sleeve for a couple years and if I still wanted it then I'd get it. I'm about to turn 24 so it's been 3 years of giving it serious thought.

Only thing that worries me is the job market. I'm in the field of marketing and right now the full sleeve tattoo thing seems very casual and acceptable in the job I am employed at. I've heard suggestions of not getting it and someone suggestions that it's really not a big deal nowadays.

What're your guyses thoughts? Any personal experiences?

Been doing a lot of debating with my family about completing my full sleeve. Right now its a half, but I'm almost certain I'm gonna pull the trigger.

I ended up getting my half sleeve when I turned 21, told myself I'd think about the full sleeve for a couple years and if I still wanted it then I'd get it. I'm about to turn 24 so it's been 3 years of giving it serious thought.

Only thing that worries me is the job market. I'm in the field of marketing and right now the full sleeve tattoo thing seems very casual and acceptable in the job I am employed at. I've heard suggestions of not getting it and someone suggestions that it's really not a big deal nowadays.

I don't see why you should worry as long as you wear full sleeve shirts at work. I'm an accountant with a full sleeve and no one even knows that I have it.

I don't see why you should worry as long as you wear full sleeve shirts at work. I'm an accountant with a full sleeve and no one even knows that I have it.

Yeah I definitely agree. I don't see any situations in my world field where I'd be forced to wear short sleeves.

Last edited:
Fongstarr- Looks good, how many hours was that total? Including old/new work

Man....I hate to even say. I think about 26 hours so give or take. Lango actually quoted me 30 hours on my dragon at the time. I know it still has more work it is is well below that mark right now. I think I am actually only at 12 hours with him now. Cold be about 20 total hours.

If you want to be cautious, get the new job first and then get the sleeves. They can't fire you basted on it after. You could literally sue them if that was the case. Almost as bad as firing you for the color of your skin. If it is before you got hired and say they saw it, they can just dismiss you and blame it on something else when it was really the tattoo that scared them to hire you.

Fongstarr get the chest done. The inner bicep hurts more imho

I feel like if I do my chest, I have to do the other too. And if I do the other, then I have to sleeve my whole left arm. Rather leave the chest alone and possibly just work on the other arm.

And quick question for people that have arm tattoos. Been wondering this and tried to make sense of it but can't. Which arm did you guys get tattooed on first? For some reason, I always think people do the left arm where as I did the right arm. And I only did the right cause I am right handed. I am probably generalizing but I swear I see more left then right.

Examples:

adam-levine.jpg
johnmayer3.jpg
therock1.jpg
diamond-supply-co-hall-of-fame-for-matt-kemp-kemps-kids-capsule-collection-3-620x413-e1344019324588.jpeg

And quick question for people that have arm tattoos. Been wondering this and tried to make sense of it but can't. Which arm did you guys get tattooed on first? For some reason, I always think people do the left arm where as I did the right arm. And I only did the right cause I am right handed. I am probably generalizing but I swear I see more left then right.

I'm right handed, but I got my tattoo on my left arm (which is the first on my upper body).

The placement had to do with my first tattoo being on my right calf and I wanted some kind of 'balance'. :lol:

After threading through these pages, got me convinced into getting a tattoo. How you guys feeling this one? And I've been thinking about switching the words to, "The World Is Yours". The picture represents the deconstruction of the world and the idea that you must look past the broader picture, and into in more depth the definitive nature of things as broken down pieces.

After threading through these pages, got me convinced into getting a tattoo. How you guys feeling this one? And I've been thinking about switching the words to, "The World Is Yours". The picture represents the deconstruction of the world and the idea that you must look past the broader picture, and into in more depth the definitive nature of things as broken down pieces.

if you're getting ink on your body, YOU are the only one who should care about the piece.

Doesn't matter if you want a rainbow with little teddy bears sliding down. If you like it, then it doesn't matter what anyone else says.

that being said, it's a pretty cool looking piece and i dig what it's trying to convey. Not sure if I'd get it done myself, but again... do you bro.

Back
Top Bottom