***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Damn that's crazy. Even with knowing that making it over there isn't a problem he still turned down an appointment :smh: :smh:

Been wanting to get some new ink but been lazy and cheap :lol: . Now with wifey prego is going to be pushed off even longer

Damn that's crazy. Even with knowing that making it over there isn't a problem he still turned down an appointment :smh: :smh:

Been wanting to get some new ink but been lazy and cheap :lol: . Now with wifey prego is going to be pushed off even longer

I understand where he is coming from. You can tell him that making it there is not a problem but it is kinda hard to believe. Tickets from Chicago to London cost between $900-1400 depending on a lot of factors. Tickets to australia must cost an arm and a leg.

Being flaked aint cheap. Even if they keep the security deposit.

I understand where he is coming from. You can tell him that making it there is not a problem but it is kinda hard to believe. Tickets from Chicago to London cost between $900-1400 depending on a lot of factors. Tickets to australia must cost an arm and a leg.

I get what your saying but letting the artist know that is easier for him to get on a flight then it is to catch a nyc train should of eased it some.

I get the artist tho. He has to make sure he isn't wasting his time and losing money.

Yup. Tattoo artist love people that are super down to a huge piece and in a short time span and within the vicinity of where they live. I met this guy the last time I got tattooed and he got sleeved by Grime (2 year wait) all in like 4 days within a 2 week span. He probably dropped close to 10K on it I bet but Grim kept on saying how much he loved doing pieces like this. That's good money in a short span.

I've been seeing this guy's name around but still haven't been into his work. He sort of draws like Justin Bua.

This is rad though:

10249365_1416007011999907_1485682099_n.jpg

I get what your saying but letting the artist know that is easier for him to get on a flight then it is to catch a nyc train should of eased it some.

I get the artist tho. He has to make sure he isn't wasting his time and losing money.
But you can't tell who is lying. The people who can hop on a plane and add $1500+ to the price of their tattoo with ease.... Well that describes like 3% of Americans

Just caught one post and it sounds stupid. You are up in here judging and rating tats but you don't post your own because people might ridicule you? SMH ... Don't get upset when peopl call you out.

lol. I dont even have a camera besides my cameraphone. But that doesnt change ****. I simply don't like this site and most of the people here enough to share my tats with these lames. That means I can't have my own opinion right. And I have only left positive comments so far so ******* what?

Cool ******* story tho :lol:

Let the clowns at NT call me out.

Last edited:
Any recommendations for Chinese calligraphy artists in the states, preferably in the Bay Area? Thinking about scheduling something with Joey Pang in HK but wanted to check my local options.

Any recommendations for Chinese calligraphy artists in the states, preferably in the Bay Area? Thinking about scheduling something with Joey Pang in HK but wanted to check my local options.

I don't know of any personally but I always tell be to be cautious when doing Chinese characters. Always do your homework first and get that writing done right. What sucks is most tattoo artist that do them don't know how to properly write in Chinese. The slightest lines mess up can totally alter the wording and make it look incorrect. My girl's friend just got something done a month ago and at a creditable shop and the guy messed up and accidentally connected two lines cause from the reference he gave him, that is what he though it looked like.

I just saw this on Instagram this morning. This is Miyazo from Osaka Japan.

10369331_474742645990062_864561821_n.jpg

I don't know of any personally but I always tell be to be cautious when doing Chinese characters. Always do your homework first and get that writing done right. What sucks is most tattoo artist that do them don't know how to properly write in Chinese. The slightest lines mess up can totally alter the wording and make it look incorrect. My girl's friend just got something done a month ago and at a creditable shop and the guy messed up and accidentally connected two lines cause from the reference he gave him, that is what he though it looked like.

I just saw this on Instagram this morning. This is Miyazo from Osaka Japan.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm just getting my last name so hopefully it won't be too hard. Ideally I would have gotten my grandpa to write it for me before he passed but that's not an option anymore. Any recommendations on how to find artists in the states? I've tried google with not much luck. BTW I scheduled an appointment with Ben Volt at 2spirit Tattoo off your reco.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm just getting my last name so hopefully it won't be too hard. Ideally I would have gotten my grandpa to write it for me before he passed but that's not an option anymore. Any recommendations on how to find artists in the states? I've tried google with not much luck. BTW I scheduled an appointment with Ben Volt at 2spirit Tattoo off your reco.

Nice dude. I've never gotten anything done their but their shop was super cool and from their portfolio, they seem to have pretty steady hands.

I just checked out this guy and he seems to have that brush technique down. He's from KT Dragon in San Jose. Never been there or met any of them so don't know what to really say about the shop. Seems pretty clean though.

http://instagram.com/thuan1114tattoo

ee0b25feb2db11e3a9a512a1e226fcfe_8.jpg
513ec04eaef011e39cee0e4cc6fd04b8_8.jpg
aacf68a8ce5d11e2a52322000a9e02f9_7.jpg

^^^I know man. I am not to hip on asian characters but everyone that does it gets it totally wrong. Like you never want to be this guy:

tumblr_kysozemd6j1qb1p7c.jpg

What's funny is most people would never know it is wrong to.

And I always say this about tattoos to but I think it even applies for asian characters. Go big or go home.

Tattoo_temple_Joey_Pang_calligraphy002.jpg
Bastians-Brush-Joey-Pang-Tattoo-Temple-Hong-Kong_sm.jpg

For the longest time, I really went the other way on Asian characters.

But the more I think about it, I kind of at least want my family name done.

We have these big *** stamps with the chinese characters on it, probably just gonna have my mom dig em out and get my artist to just copy that.

Safe and accurate, gotta think of a spot to get it done.

I am always so skeptical of foreign calligraphy. I want acient khmer/southeast asian script but how will i know if they got it right.

Too scared for that.

Back
Top Bottom