***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

How did you get an appointment before even talking about what you want?

Are you sure you have an appointment? Or is it a consultation?

We discussed things in the shop just followed up with a few images for reference of what it's gonna be so he could get some artwork started.

My artist is the owner of the shop and charges $225/hr. My sleeve will probably take ~6 sessions (3hrs per) to complete.

How much should I be tipping per session?
Rodrigo Melo is similar, $250/hr, works only 2 hours at a time. $500 + $40 tip.

I would tip $40-$50.

My other guy charges me a very different rate, normally he is $150 an hour but ive been going to him and giving him customers so he cuts me a good deal. I normally tip him $10 an hour. If its a short tattoo session or really hooks me up ill give him a good amount. He worked on my elbow ditch tomahawk and rose bud for about an hour and change, only charged me $100 so I gave him $40.

"For the love of my city"

3 Months, 4 sessions. One of two Tattoo socks completed on July 4th.

Cool! Love Chicago but I am itching to leave. Nothing for me here anymore.

Anyway once my back gets lasered off I am trying to get a tattoo of my ribcage with a bird trapped inside where my heart is supposed to be but I am trying to thinkbof a bird. Hummingbirds represent the opposit of this tattoo(peace, freedom, love, etc). This tattoo is supposed to represent my chest being so empty life can nest there.

Swallows rep hope and love. I was thinking about that since it would be like love and hooe is caged and tucked away but that tat could be misinterpreted. Also swallows are overdone girl tattoos

Last edited:
Get an owl.

They represent that wisdom and knowledge which we all have inside of us.
I am getting an owl on my sleeve. For those reasons as well as because they represent the ability to keep a secret. Athena used these owls because they were able to keep secrets and extracts secrets from others. Confidentiality is lost in this age of "men raised by women". Men blabber like litte girls and I am glad I am one of the few left who keep secrets. Something said to me stays with me. And if I am not sure if it is okay to talk about it, then I simply assume it isnt. Dont know why that is so hard for men to do these days.

Also they are nocturnal, which makes them mysterious. Definitely not a bird I want caged.

Anyway, after looking into it, I decided to have a bluebird locked in my lung/cage

Last edited:
Can anyone give me a good artist in the fl area that does good Japanese work. Any where in fl is cool I will be going on a trip this up coming sept and see if I can get a small piece done

Just wondering if any of you have any recommendations or experiences with any artists down here in Texas? The College Station/Houston areas.

Thanks in advance guys!

I think I showed this before, Adam Hays (adamguyhays on IG) from Red Rocket. I normally go to Kyle from there but Adam's back pieces are too sick. Im def going to him for my back piece, ive always wanted a Tiger, with Japanese elements. I wonder what other ideas I can come up with. I kinda want a wolf with arrows penetrating it. We'll see.

Good lord :smh:

I need to see these in full colour.

[h3]I'm going to CA for vacation in the next 6 months I was thinking on getting my 1st tattoo while I was out there.[/h3]
If I'm going to get a tattoo it will have to be by Nikko Hurtado at Black Anchor in Hesperia just wanted to see if anyone here knew what a half a sleeve will run me- I'm pretty positive it will not be cheap but at least just to have some type of figure in my head what I will probably be spending.

I have contacted him recently about booking an appointment and have yet to get a response.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

[h3]I'm going to CA for vacation in the next 6 months I was thinking on getting my 1st tattoo while I was out there.[/h3]

If I'm going to get a tattoo it will have to be by Nikko Hurtado at Black Anchor in Hesperia just wanted to see if anyone here knew what a half a sleeve will run me- I'm pretty positive it will not be cheap but at least just to have some type of figure in my head what I will probably be spending.

I have contacted him recently about booking an appointment and have yet to get a response.

Damn, Nikko's shop is in Hesperia!? The middle of nowhere.

In you arent a celeb, goodluck getting an appointment from Nikko. His waiting list could be years. Probably run you a few thousand for a half sleeve.

Damn, Nikko's shop is in Hesperia!? The middle of nowhere.

there has been info some sparse info about Nikko's pricing in this thread and what not... but he has to be into the tattoo idea/concept first and foremost

i wish i planned out my tattoos a little better.. but now i'm so lazy ive grown out of it, i still dont know what to do on my front side

I hope the winner is picked at random and not based on the best tattoo or who has the most likes.

i wish i planned out my tattoos a little better.. but now i'm so lazy ive grown out of it, i still dont know what to do on my front side

Same here. But my biggest problem was going to artist who did not know how to handle dark skin despite swearing they could. I found a great artist that I will be sticking with. It will be costly but I will laster off the tattoos that could've been done better two at a time.

Last edited:
Looked around a couple pages on this thread and didnt find too many polynesian/samoan style tatts... Can anyone recommend good artists for this type of work in the OC area? I will also be in the Sac-Town area end of august if there are any there.

Also a good minute ago, someone posted their family name (or name) in a polynesian style font/writing. Looked around in the thread and didnt find it. Anyone happen to have that pic?

Much appreciated, 

Peace

Looked around a couple pages on this thread and didnt find too many polynesian/samoan style tatts... Can anyone recommend good artists for this type of work in the OC area? I will also be in the Sac-Town area end of august if there are any there.

Also a good minute ago, someone posted their family name (or name) in a polynesian style font/writing. Looked around in the thread and didnt find it. Anyone happen to have that pic?

Much appreciated, 

Peace

If you are in Sac, then drive to San Jose and go to Humble Beginnings for all your Poly needs. Literally most of the people I know that love that stuff all go there. I'd call to make an appointment though: http://www.humblebeginningstattoo.com

Back
Top Bottom