***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

That octopus might be my favorite part of your body sleeve Mayimbe. The beads looking great too.

^

That Daruma doll is cool, interesting style. I dont know if its cause its a bad picture, but something about it looks off. Out of focus? Normally I dont like tattoos with no outline, this one I dig actually, but the picture itself is still throwing it off a bit.

And I hope one day to get tattooed by Lucky Olelo in Hawaii. I am not sure how popular he is in the mainstream of tattooing but I really dig his work. Would be nice to go back to Hawaii and plan a trip and tattoo at the same time.
I was about to get a piece by him last year but decided to go in another direction. Richie Lucero is another good one from Hawaii.

This is my favorite piece by Lucky.

I never understood why people got tattoos based on brief enthusiasms. If you haven't been in the fandom for at least 10 years you really shouldnt get it inked

If anyone is interested in more traditional Polynesian style, Bong from is moving to Humble Beginnings in San Jose soon.

and iirc he is taking appts now!!
When Bong told me he was moving to the bay, I was slightly upset that more people around my way would have the same style of tribal as me. I felt a bit unique having Bong's artwork on me. haha
I like Melissa from Humble Beginings, she might be the artist I go to. Her work is great
I like how her style has progressed.

got inked this past weekend. daruma doll on my forearm done by khang at Black Talon Tattoos in Arcadia, CA 8)

Came out VERY dope. I get tattooed in Arcadia, CA as well, Nice Guy Tattoo -Tom Haubrick. Been meaning to post pics, but my sleeve is only about 1/3rd complete and won't be finished anytime soon considering I now live in Vegas, and Tom tatts in San Diego (guru tattoo) about 80% of the time.

This is my sleeve. 85 percent of it was done at true love tattoo in Berkeley ca until my artist moved to old crow tattoo in Oakland ca where the rest was completed. It was started in jan 11 and the pic is from after a session may 2013. The portrait is of my grandma, the guardian angel and st Michael and the script is a guardian angel prayer.

Also been following Koji Ichimaru. He's like a mix of japans with american traditional style. A lot of jammers as well as bigger pieces too. Really like it a lot. He's actually in CA right now to.

2da9e20ea9a411e3bc000e7eda5cd7b0_8.jpg
a0f0a9449e3e11e3ba6612a314ba4b25_8.jpg
88ca8cae9f1f11e3953712172f5720d6_8.jpg
c304b5e27f7c11e39f620ac472ead80b_8.jpg
b1f488e47c7611e3b4cb0a0d88bf3520_8.jpg
d22942ee43fa11e387db22000aa803d4_8.jpg
ed17ba9a383d11e3a0ee22000aeb0fed_8.jpg
a4b24b6610d911e392c922000a1fb771_7.jpg
f0a71f3ef30011e2a47922000ae90d5b_7.jpg
c927c56c3e2911e29dbc22000a1f9e59_7.jpg

^

Thats pretty dope. I like the smaller jam tattoos.

Not sure how I feel about the sleeves. Ive seen that style before, the Japanese sleeve with the almost cartoon-y waves and fish. Looks cool but i'd never get that syle.

How do you guys feel about leg tattoos? Never been a fan but im running out of space. 
laugh.gif

^

Thats pretty dope. I like the smaller jam tattoos.

Not sure how I feel about the sleeves. Ive seen that style before, the Japanese sleeve with the almost cartoon-y waves and fish. Looks cool but i'd never get that syle.

How do you guys feel about leg tattoos? Never been a fan but im running out of space. :lol:

I never thought I'd get anything done on my lower body but I've come around to the idea. Left foot and top of the left thigh are done, I'm planning to pretty much cover as much as I can, also because of the real estate restrictions haha.

Ive actually started *** backwards. Not a drop of ink yet on my arms or frontside. Legs are feet are getting covered first :tongue:

5 1/2 hours for that rib piece? Damn. My artist is slow as ****....i wish she worked faster its pissing me off. Taking forever. My sleeve isnt even halfway done yet and theres already been about 18-20 hours invested in it.

^^^Got pics? That does seem like a lot of time but honestly it doesn't surprise me. Some pieces depending on what they are doing just take a long time. Also does she normally do these type pf tattoos? Sometimes when people do a different style from what they are not known for, it takes longer than normal.

Ive actually started *** backwards. Not a drop of ink yet on my arms or frontside. Legs are feet are getting covered first :tongue:

If I could do it all over again and I had the money to do it, I'd just do my back and that is it. I mean I like having a sleeve but I could do without it and just go for the big bang on getting a back piece.

Is that regret Fong?

I remember a few times stating how unhappy you were with how your sleeve was going. From the skull, to the usugrow flower, to the dragon. Damn bruh, sleeve is sick though. 

Not really a total regret but more so if I could do it over, I'd do it that way. I mean the back piece is so hypothetical cause I know I'd never have the money or time to finish it. The arm is enough and I am still not even done. I do think eventually I'd do my left arm and do it proper. I'd never do my leg though. For my body, it just don't look right.

Anybody have any dope leg sleeve photos? Preferably black/white...but anything with a nice concept will do...

Not looking to bite a design just need some photos to get an idea of what fits best in that area

Thank yall

I'm in the exact opposite situation. Got both arm sleeves done, working on getting my legs covered now as well as my back. Hindsight is 20/20 of course but I think my arms would've been the least unpleasant of all of them.

Different for everybody, though...

my lil sister knocked out her entire leg sleeve in a few sessions. i took 11 years total to finish my entire body and im not even done yet. still got armpit and head.

Well I could get my whole body done in 6 months if I had the funds/desire to. 
laugh.gif

I wonder whats the fewest days it would take to get a whole body done. Not LITERALLY the whole body, but a good 75% atleast. From clean skin to super tatted...

I say 2 months just cause thats way too much for the body to take to do it in any less.

Posting for Picasso Swerve so he can stop nagging me lol!

(just kidding Rene.. I got off my lazy *** and took some pics..)

2nd session done (~4hrs) with Melo.  Upper arm cover up started, more outlining and shading.
Next session will probably start the chest panel and upper shoulder/trap area.

Been 2 weeks since the last sesh and its still a little red.  Dude went to WORK on my arm lol..  

Bicep area prob sucked the most so far but wasn't unbearable.  Elbow tingled a bit too.

(Excuse the messy room.  I blame it on my 5 month old son.. 
happy.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom