Official tax refund thread vol. for the 2015 tax year

yea they got me for 4800 last year 2 months before our wedding, i was SICK

i'm hopin' i'll be able to pay on em some and they'll let me have my return
Contact DoE not H&R block thats who you need to be talking to and set up a payment plan or something.

Definitely contact the DoE, but honestly, I think you should have someone other than a employee from H&R Block take a look at your W-2's etc. Something ain't right, obviously, if you owe close to 5K.

Contact DoE not H&R block thats who you need to be talking to and set up a payment plan or something.
Imma contact HRB to see if anybody else preparing to pounce on my taxes. don't wanna just pay DoE and miss somebody else
Definitely contact the DoE, but honestly, I think you should have someone other than a employee from H&R Block take a look at your W-2's etc. Something ain't right, obviously, if you owe close to 5K.
Like who else?

I'd never go to H&R or any place like that for my taxes. They are not tax professionals, they are random seasonal employees trained to prepare and file taxes that's it. You can do what they are doing yourself for free.

View media item 1823849Turbo tax all the way for me. If I need professional help I'll find a CPA.

Contact DoE not H
Imma contact HRB to see if anybody else preparing to pounce on my taxes. don't wanna just pay DoE and miss somebody else

Definitely contact the DoE, but honestly, I think you should have someone other than a employee from H

Like who else?

I'd look for an accountant w/ a CPA. Maybe ask some of your coworkers who handles their returns.

If you go this route, pay attention and ask the CPA EVERYTHING about how they're handling your return. If you soak it all up, you can go the TurboTax route the next year and do it on your own.

I do my taxes online H&R each year myself, they only get 20 out of my return just for using their system.

I'll def look up some CPAs in my area, 'preciate man. got plans this year to start a savings account and don't need any speedbumps

I do my taxes online H&R each year myself, they only get 20 out of my return just for using their system.

I'll def look up some CPAs in my area, 'preciate man. got plans this year to start a savings account and don't need any speedbumps

Turbo tax is free don't pay these companies. Yeah definitely look into a CPA. I might have to go that route too, because I am renting out a room in my house and need to figure out what I need to do tax wise. Good luck with everything.

Welp I'm able to see my last paycheck of the year
And looks like I made to much to get that earned income credit :smh:

Good news: Kid born in October so that I can claim this year :pimp: :pimp:

Bad news: The extra money you 'get back' for having a kid is just a drop in the bucket compared to what it costs to take care of a kid :lol:

Everything I get back, though, is going towards paying down my mortgage principle.

Good news: Kid born in October so that I can claim this year
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Bad news: The extra money you 'get back' for having a kid is just a drop in the bucket compared to what it costs to take care of a kid
laugh.gif

Everything I get back, though, is going towards paying down my mortgage principle.
You're a good man

Dang , reading up on this thread I just realized that I need to get a payment plan going with DOE/Fed student loans so I don't have any issues next year. Definitely need that return.

So basically if you have student loans during this time you can kiss that check goodbye?

Gonna get a fat return this year hopefully

Feds taking $600 per paycheck :smh: :smh:

All of my Fed return is going towards Credit Card debt, I might take the state return and get something just to feel like I balled out :lol:

I think if your past due or in default on your loans they can snatch them from your tax returns
Trust me I knew it all to well the last 4 years. Them doing that tho sped up the process cuz them ***** is paid

I'm not married, have no kids. What can I change on my paychecks so that I get more every two weeks?

Trust me I knew it all to well the last 4 years. Them doing that tho sped up the process cuz them ***** is paid
Considering letting my taxes pay my loans, gotta battle wifey on letting me keep claiming our daughter to expedite the process

Considering letting my taxes pay my loans, gotta battle wifey on letting me keep claiming our daughter to expedite the process
I was young and dumb. If I was smart I would've claimed my son and been done with it

If I owe the IRS 2grand but make 150 payments every month will they still garnish my return?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom