Official tax refund thread vol. for the 2015 tax year

is my 1099 Tax Form from Fidelity necessary to file my taxes?

i didnt make any gains, but lost some money fooling around on Fidelity last year.
I would not leave the 1099 out. With either Gains or losses Fidelity reports the Info to the IRS and by you leaving It out you just give them a good enough reason to Audit you and trust me that's a unnecessary headache to go through.

Wife didn't work at all, i claim my grandmother and I made right under 70k, wife full time student with 20k in loans, I have a mortgage, filing online for the first time on TurboTax and this joint got me at a return of almost 9k....I didn't put anything that wasn't on my forms, but I'm skeptical as hell...it seems right but then it seems too good to be true...lol

I would not leave the 1099 out. With either Gains or losses Fidelity reports the Info to the IRS and by you leaving It out you just give them a good enough reason to Audit you and trust me that's a unnecessary headache to go through.

thanks man.

thanks man.
No problem. I've been filing my taxes with 1099 forms for the past 10 years and the one year I left out came back to bite me a few years later. So I don't risk it when it comes to that. I've been doing my own taxes for like the past 3 years through Turbo Tax and the only thing that sucks is with the 1099 form included you automatically have to file through the premier version thus you can't file for free. Any questions regarding anything you can hit me up anytime.

No problem. I've been filing my taxes with 1099 forms for the past 10 years and the one year I left out came back to bite me a few years later. So I don't risk it when it comes to that. I've been doing my own taxes for like the past 3 years through Turbo Tax and the only thing that sucks is with the 1099 form included you automatically have to file through the premier version thus you can't file for free. Any questions regarding anything you can hit me up anytime.

It prompted me to upgrade and pay but only if I wanted to add deduction/expenses linked to those earnings, if I decide not to, it doesn't prompt me to....I haven't gotten to the end tho...

Wife didn't work at all, i claim my grandmother and I made right under 70k, wife full time student with 20k in loans, I have a mortgage, filing online for the first time on TurboTax and this joint got me at a return of almost 9k....I didn't put anything that wasn't on my forms, but I'm skeptical as hell...it seems right but then it seems too good to be true...lol

Not really, you are head of household and loan provider and have 2 dependents. You do fall right at the amount where you can itemize your deductions especially since you have RE taxes, mortgage expenses, and probably some home improvement costs. You also are elgible to get credit for the student loans that were paid off and a 2k deduction for your wife's college.

Edit: she's probably actually eligible for 1 of the 2 credits.

Now I do C-Corp taxes FT so I don't know it all when it comes to individuals but it doesn't really shock me to say the least.

Last edited:
I was able to order my account and return transcripts from irs.gov
Which means I should be getting a direct deposit date either tomorrow or wed morning
If ur able to order ur return transcript
It means they are done with ur return
And u should get a direct deposit date SOON
Here's the link

https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

Did my turbotax, I'll be getting a couple hundred back from the State, no federal return. All of t will be going towards new tires and an oil change :smh:

Just signed into my bank account my refund will be posted to my account tomorrow :pimp: . I thought the refund only cleared on Fridays

So playin' in TT and did me and my wife jointly instead of seperate and there's a 10k difference......I'm laughin at how we could get a great deal of bread but idk if DOE gon snatch both our returns

Honestly tho, since I was only expecting 948 and she might only be gettin' 200, I'm thinkin' we ought to take our chances and try to get 10k cause if they end up snatchin' mine by myself her 200 ain't gon do nothin' but piss us off

You can call and see if your social security number has a offset amount if it does then your refund is as food as snatched happen to me last year 5k intercepted

You can call and see if your social security number has a offset amount if it does then your refund is as food as snatched happen to me last year 5k intercepted
call who? I'm on a arrangement with the company handling the DOE's loans and they told me it may not stop any offset this year but next year I'll be good

I'm using the basic package on Turbo Tax and it says I qualify for over 2 grand on the Earned Income Credit and 1000 on the Child Tax Credit. But it doesn't show me HOW to get it. Do I need upgrade to Turbo Tax Deluxe or something? I'd hate to leave over 3 grand on the table.

You over here risking losing 3000 by asking NT for advice advice. You're backwards hustling. Pay the damn 29.99. :lol:

Last edited:
I'm using the basic package on Turbo Tax and it says I qualify for over 2 grand on the Earned Income Credit and 1000 on the Child Tax Credit. But it doesn't show me HOW to get it. Do I need upgrade to Turbo Tax Deluxe or something? I'd hate to leave over 3 grand on the table.

You over here risking losing 3000 by asking NT for advice advice. You're backwards hustling. Pay the damn 29.99. :lol:

paying $30 aint giving you more than you are owed with the IRS :lol:

Back
Top Bottom