[| -- Official The Clipse Til The Casket Drops Album Thread: Tuesday December 8th -- |]

It's about to be a movie!

clipsechampionkaws.jpg

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

It's about to be a movie!

clipsechampionkaws.jpg
I thought they were gonna do this before "Freedom." This track is definitely one of my favorites on the album.

They should make that "Champion" video relatively high budget and shoot for mainstream success.  The song (and video) has pretty good potential single wise.

Am I the only one who wants an official Remix feat. T.I.?!
eek.gif

Talk about comin' correct straight outta the cell.  "I turned tragedy into triumph N_'s"

This song fits his situation perfectly, not to mention it would be dope as *+##.
pimp.gif

The line is "Like that Bron Bron I had a long time ago", and some of you are looking way too much into it. Has nothing to do with Lebron's girl, the chalk, etc... it's merely a play on words, "heard that she @#%$@## Lebron"... and then Bron-Bron (aka brown-brown) is slang for a certain type of coke.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown-brown

^^^^ not only the beat but that hook is magical, Clipse is 3 for 3 , yall tried to play me when i said clipse is closing in outkast,

but its closer and closer year by year.

so... am i the only one who didnt forget about the champion music video and the supposed mixtape? have these already been released? sorry to revive and old thread... but i gotta know!!!

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

I know it was tough to follow up a classic like HHNF. But, did anyone else feel kinda disappointed w/ this album?
not at all..

doorman
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

champion
footsteps
freedom       PUSHA DESTROYED THIS %@$!
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

kinda like a big deal
showin out
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

popeyes
life change
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

not disappointed at all

I know it was tough to follow up a classic like HHNF. But, did anyone else feel kinda disappointed w/ this album?

No.
People just either don't understand the sound or didn't expect it.

I feel like everyone wanted HHNF 2. They actually EVOLVED with the bars on this one IMO. 

Yeah, slightly...

...lyrically they were on point as always and actually toned a lot of the coke rap down (which was a plus in my book), but the production left more to be desired IMO.

It's not often you say Push and Mal need better beats, but I feel like they needed some for this album...  

whats crazy is that i was scratching like a fiend waiting for this album and then when it finally dropped i hardly even played it. I might give it another try later....but i think all that waiting and the leaks ruined it for me.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Yeah, slightly...

...lyrically they were on point as always and actually toned a lot of the coke rap down (which was a plus in my book), but the production left more to be desired IMO.

It's not often you say Push and Mal need better beats, but I feel like they needed some for this album... 
I think it was the expectations of the beats too bro. The bar was raised so high, in my opinion, because we knew new producers were gonna bless them. We had waited for that moment for so long b/c of the WGIFC series. We knew what they did to other $@@%!'s beats.

But this album left me with an empty feeling. I longed for more. Part of me feels guilty too because I REALLY enjoy their coke rap. I missed it on this album.

laugh.gif
@ ''backward as that hat'', but yea Deep I hear...

...knowing they were gonna have outside production did boost the hype levels to insanity, especially after ''Kinda Like A Big Deal'' leaked.

TTCD might not have lived up to our astronomical expectations, but it's still a solid effort overall...

Back
Top Bottom